PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Preventitive Mantenance Contract

garyde
12-27-2008, 11:38 PM
I recently received a nice letter from Liberty Coach offering a 1 year , Preventitive Maintenance Contract. Its a PDI basically. $14000.00 with a 10% discount if paid in advance. Although there are many things I can not as yet do on my coach, I have enough knowledge to find the right resources . Living on the West Coast also makes it difficult to have Liberty Service my Coach.
I am sure some people would choose to pay for this 250 point maintenance program. Especially those who purchase a new Coach and don't have the time nor inclination to work on their Bus.
Aside from Lube,Oil and filters and misc. materials, it appears parts and labor would be an additional cost .

Alek&Lucia
12-28-2008, 12:02 AM
Gary,

$14000.00 or $1400.00 with a 10% discount if paid in advance :confused:
Perhaps I should stay with my "out of business" 2000 Royale, and take my
chances ;)

Alek

I recently received a nice letter from Liberty Coach offering a 1 year , Preventitive Maintenance Contract. Its a PDI basically. $14000.00 with a 10% discount if paid in advance. Although there are many things I can not as yet do on my coach, I have enough knowledge to find the right resources . Living on the West Coast also makes it difficult to have Liberty Service my Coach.
I am sure some people would choose to pay for this 250 point maintenance program. Especially those who purchase a new Coach and don't have the time nor inclination to work on their Bus.
Aside from Lube,Oil and filters and misc. materials, it appears parts and labor would be an additional cost .

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-28-2008, 08:06 AM

So what do you get for $14,000.00, when you say parts and labor are extra??:eek:

Sounds outrageous to me!

JIM

Jon Wehrenberg
12-28-2008, 08:07 AM
I have kept very detailed records of my bus maintenance over the years. I admit to doing almost 100% of my own work, a lot of which is far beyond what anyone would do such as polishing my slack adjusters. (I'm only kidding a little here)

I change parts based on life, such as miles or calendar time instead of waiting for the parts to fail. I change oil and lube the coach every 5,000 miles. I haven't been waiting for cracks to appear in the tires, but have been using the 5 year life as the basis for replacement and the same holds true for batteries.

I doubt anyone, Liberty or Prevost will use my schedule for maintenance, but will use one requiring less frequent oil changes and parts replacement upon failure.

I have yet to approach half that cost for maintenance and PM parts replacement when I add up my costs and spread them over the life of the parts. Not even close. And except for labor (5 hours to do a full oil and filter change plus a lube) and my time to change out Norgrens, air bags and brake chambers I cannot begin to reconcile those costs, especially if parts are a separate cost. My most expensive year was a while back when 6 tires and my air bags fell into one twelve month period, and even then my total cost of all fluids, filters tires, air bags and any other costs did not pass $10,000.

If that number represented a full coverage cost (after a one time owner paid service to zero out all items) it might begin to make sense.

Add in the cost of driving to a service center and it looks really expensive.

Sid Tuls
12-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Jon,

Would you mind to share what your service schedule is for your coach? Hope I'am not being to nosey. Jon or is on this site that you can direct me to.

garyde
12-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally, when I first read the Proposal I thought it was a Service warrenty for say 5 years or such. But I have read it several times and it appears to be a check-up with Lube and oil. I am sure there are parts they are including but it is not detailed .
If you purchase a Liberty at say 1.2 to 1.6 Mil. and money is not a primary concern, it makes sense for Liberty to do this instead of letting the Coach fall into disrepair. They speak about this in their letter and the value of resale if and when you choose to sale the Coach.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Sid,

It is under articles on the POG home page. I believe it is listed under Prevost Maintenance Schedule.

The benefit of using it for me is I add the service intervals due on a new printout and then carry that information forward. Not everything gets done at once, but it is a good memory jogger when I have the sequential records which I keep in the maintenance log book. EVERYTHING I do is logged and after a while by keeping logs in addition to the filled out schedule I know not only when everything is due, but usually the part numbers of everything I need. I make it a point to record not only the Prevost part numbers, but the trade or manufacturer's part numbers.

Sid Tuls
12-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks Jon, I didn't know about all the information that was there at my finger tips. I would recomend to all those that are new to this site to take a look.