PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Question

truk4u
12-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Since I don't have a freaking manual (they're not available, remember) could someone tell me the function of this dash gizmo? Today for the first time while backing up in the driveway, one side of it flashed a few numbers!:eek:

Jon should be done laughing by now!!!!

JIM KELLER
12-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Tom, Sorry, can't help you since you left the Country Coach Family !

Petervs
12-24-2008, 04:05 PM
I gave that thing to Brian. He installed it. I have one too, It works great.

It is a sensor on the back of your coach, it turns on when you shift into reverse. It blinks 0.0 when there is nothing behind you within 6 feet, and then the numbers start decreasing in half foot increments as you get closer to an object.

I think Brian mounted the sensors below the taillights. Mine are in the license plate frames.

You will like having it!

Jon Wehrenberg
12-24-2008, 07:25 PM
The rest of us use our rear view mirrors (remember them?) or our cameras.

Petervs
12-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Brian needed all the help he could get!

Also, when backing up towards a building or vehicle, it is really nice to know exactly how close you are, this infrared device is really accurate.

Oh, and Jon, you really do not need a GPS or an artificial horizon when flying on instruments either, an ADF with needle ball and airspeed is perfectly adequate. You can't deny the fact that they make the experience nicer and easier, just like this gizmo.

BrianE
12-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Peter talks up the gizmo however it didn't keep him from getting up close and personal with the gutter on his hangar. But that's another story of course. Mirrors however, would have saved the day.

truk4u
12-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Yippie, I have an electronic back-up sensor and didn't even know it... It really is Christmas.:p

Thanks Peter & Brian, now I have something on my Liberty that Jon doesn't!;)

rfoster
12-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Truk: You probably got two things Jon doesn't. I don't think he has any sheep.

At least the Liberty I had didn't.:cool:

Jon Wehrenberg
12-25-2008, 09:21 AM
Peter,

You had me convinced right up until the point where the moleman outed you. Now I'm beginning to wonder if the Smart car carrier was really to carry the car or hide the rear end damage.

We have an award you know, and this places you in the running. Our two time winner, Mango can explain the entry qualifications.

Petervs
12-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Now wait just a minute Jon. First of all, Merry Christmas.

Now then, let me holster my derringer and pull out my 16 inch gun borrowed from the USS Missouri.

OK, one time I was backing my bus into a parking place at my house and I just barely TOUCHED my hangar building rain gutter with the side of the coach. A little polishing compound later all evidence was removed from the coach. Less time than it takes to wipe up a bug smear on the front of the bus and no tools needed. The gutter was very easily bent back to correct shape with a pair of pliers.

Now then, wherefor and wheras, one time we were away on a bus trip, and Brian was needing to park his coach somewhere else because he was having his garage floor rechromed or full body massaged or something like that. So I offered, out of the goodness of my heart, to let him park his coach at my empty space for convenience.

When I returned, the truth became evident. He had rammed his coach into the same gutter and it was so far gone he had to hire the Gutter man to come replace it completely! A variety of neighbors will attest to this under oath or bribery I am sure. The fate of his coach you ask? I can't say. Whenever Brian gets a bug splat on his vehicles he sells them and quickly gets another to hide the evidence.

The defense rests your honor.

BrianE
12-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Some very careful between the lines reading needs to be done here................

Jon Wehrenberg
12-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Between the mole man and the Smart guy there appears to be a contest, and while it appeared Dale Farley was in the lead for the award with his front door rub rail modifications, I sense the contest is shifting.

Last year's award which was won by two guys who also did some rear end damage and then tried to hide the results may find its way to the west coast and in joint ownership. The difference is neither of this year's winners outed the other, but the west coast guys have fingers drawn and pointed. I hear Dale breathing a sigh of relief.

Tom.........you need to get up on a ladder and inspect for gutter damage. You may have a potential lawsuit for the sale of damaged goods. Is there no honor? First he has big boobed visitors in Spearfish, and now he is backing into the neighbors garage, but worse his so called "friend" is turning him in.

Petervs
12-25-2008, 04:50 PM
I should be perfectly clear, Brian did not damage my gutter with what is now Tom's coach, it was a previous coach brain owned...

Jon Wehrenberg
12-25-2008, 05:15 PM
I stand corrected. However, I thought it was wives that never ever forgot when guys make an oops. Peter, you are starting to scare me.

Poor Brian is going to hear about this for the next twenty years I surmise.

Petervs
12-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Hey, I was willing to let sleeping dogs lie. If Brian had given Tom Truk a decent coach familiarization tour, or maybe if Tom had been paying attention, I am not sure which, none of this dirty laundry would have ever seen the light of day.

Maybe a deep breath of fresh cold December air, and the knowledge that the secret is finally out in the open will make everybody feel better.

truk4u
12-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Just when I was feeling pretty good about Santa and my new found back-up sensor, along comes the Moleman confessing to Lew that my cherry Liberty had a divot, thanks to a Zip Dee spring runaway.:confused: Now the famous Mole Breeder (Peter) blows the whistle on his neighbor (the Mole Keeper) about the gutter encounter and quickly recovers with "it wasn't Tom's bus!":confused:

Jon - Do you see a pattern here?:p I'm going out to the bus and hug my sheep, then get out the ladder.:D

Jon Wehrenberg
12-25-2008, 08:47 PM
I think the west coast boys have a conspiracy here Tom, and they conspired to sell you damaged goods.

I think this falls under the RICO Statutes.

Its a shame. A damn shame.

BrianE
12-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Tom,

Here is a link to a post I made re runaway Zip Dee springs. It was all above board and posted as a caution based on an "I learned About Flying from That" attitude. No secrets here. :D

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?t=740&page=2

Petervs
12-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Finally this thread is back to it's original topic. Whew!