PDA

View Full Version : Planning need some hints please.

sawdust_128
12-23-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm doing some planning and have the possibility of ending up in Palm Desert, CA in the May/April 09 time frame. I have a stick and brick place to stay and will probably be in need of coach servicing It would be convenient during that time.

Suggestions? I read the threads on Prevost Mira Loma which is an option, but unless there is something more serious than a fluids&filters type maintenance, I was wondering if there is something more local. Maybe the better question should be is that local?

Ray Davis
12-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Palm Desert is approximately 1 hour away from Prevost Mira Loma, perhaps a little less.

Marathon has a service center in Beaumont, which is probably 20-30 minutes from Palm Desert.

Depending upon your timing, many of the converters bring a crew out to the desert area to work on coaches. Generally this is done for a couple months in the February timeframe (not 100% sure on exact dates), so for converter type of work, you may be able to find local help at one of the resorts.

Mechanical Prevost Mira Loma is the only one I know, but there may be other companies which service charter buses around there.