PDA

View Full Version : Florida in February

Jamie Bradford
12-21-2008, 04:56 PM
We plan on going to The Great Outdoors in Feb for the launch. I have made a reservation there in the " rally field". We would like to stay in FLA for another week or so....... Any ideas??? :rolleyes:I do not really want to go as far as the Keys.

Thanks

Jamie:cool:

Joe Cannarozzi
12-21-2008, 05:18 PM
St Augustine is a very nice spot, The Disney stuff is not crowded at all at this time. Then you have the race scene.

This stuff is all within a short move.

tomklau
12-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Outdoor Resorts at St. Lucie West is a lovely place to stay :) Great location, fabulous restaurants, PGA Golf nearby, close to the Atlantic Ocean, etc. They are offering 4 day/3 night FREE stays. There is a coupon on the website to print and be sure to call ahead and make your reservation. Make sure to mention the coupon! www.outdoor-resorts.com Just beware that there are several POG's that reside there!

Karin Klause

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Jamie, Pelican Lake, is hard to beat. http://pelicanlake.com/

There are a couple others down in the Naples, Marco Is area, but I can't remember their names.

JIM

truk4u
12-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Jamie,

Port St Lucie, you'll like it and you can meet Lew!:eek:

rfoster
12-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Jamie, Micki and I are going for the the 3 night 4 day maybe longer at PSL in February. We were there last year and it was Great. Great Weather, Great company (Lew, Kathy, Paul, Janice, Ed, Donna, Pat, Betty and I am sure there are more that wish to be left alone).

Liberty Coach is in Stuart and they will allow us even tho we own a CC in to see the Libertys on display. They would probably let you in if you mention my or Jons' name. I dont know that Truk's name is recognized in good standing or not, even tho he has a fine Liberty with no manual.

We plan to attend the Shuttle launch and we are in the Rally area 11, 12, 13. We have not decided if we are going before the launch or afterwards. There is some more crap/stuff we have to line up before we know for sure dates on PSL.

Last year we attended a Car Sale in Ft Lauderdale and it turned out to be a dry run. We may try that again. The seafood is great and we look forward to indulging ourselves again.

I'm getting pretty excited just thinking about it.:cool:

rfoster
12-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Almost forgot to post the most memorable part of the PSL visit. Granville took us all up for a spin in his Helicopter. We toured PSL and surrounding area from the air.

That was fun and exciting.

lewpopp
12-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Roger, I won't turn the helicopter ride down this year. I'm feeling a bit better.

You should see the "POG" stickers showing up on the members vehicles around here. You'd think they all had pocket savers to go along with them.

grantracy
12-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Will try and get the chopper up to TGO for shuttle launch...need to coordinate with the closing of the airspace around the cape( and have to get Kim to drive the bus) if I can work it out we will reprise the aerial tours.

rfoster
01-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Granvil: Don't know how I missed that post, but I had up until today. That sounds great. And very, very generous of you.

I dont know about being in an enclosed cabin with JDUB tho?

grantracy
01-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Will check with flight service to find out the drill on the restricted airspace...BTW the doors are removeable