PDA

View Full Version : Dometic RM3962 or NDR(M)1062

lloyd&pamela
12-18-2008, 02:27 PM
We are replacing our dometic refer that has burned relays four times.

Does anyone know anything good or bad about the models listed above?

bluevost
12-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Lloyd and Pamela,

Are you ruling out a residential type electric only fridge?? With all the recalls on Dometics and Norcolds, and the fire in the hanger last April that got Ray and Buster, your going to have to sleep with one open.

See you in a couple of weeks,

Ken

lloyd&pamela
12-18-2008, 03:00 PM
We really wanted to have the gas options for dry camping. But we will probably have it set up to be switched on only when we are dry camping.

merle&louise
12-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Lloyd,

I had a 1987 Newell with a Dometic refrigerator (not sure which model #) and it was nothing but trouble. The gas pilot flame would blow out while I was driving down the road. The refrigerator would not cool down inside below 55 degrees when the ambient temperature was in the high 90s. That Dometic refrigerator was main reason I sold the coach. I bought one with an electric Amana household refrigerator. No problems.

If I were you I would try to retro-fit an Amana electric in the bus. They are dependable and stay cold inside no matter what the outside temps are.

Make sure your carbon monoxide detector is working and has fresh batteries regardless of what you choose to do.

Hope this helps. See you in OKC.