PDA

View Full Version : TV Antennas... a different question

adamdegraff
12-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Ok, great info about the new HD stuff, converter boxes, etc. But here is my problem. My current "batwing" antenna is not going up and down the way it is supposed to. We aren't big TV watchers anyway, so I just tied it down to the bracket. Every once in a while, I wish I had it. When I was at Marathon, they told me NOT to fix the old antenna, but instead to just install an HD antenna right on the roof. They said that these new once are omni (or was it multi) directional and that the batwing ones aren't.

So, first off, is this worth the trouble? Second, would I still need a converter box to my big old dinosaur, Sony Trinitron TVs? Or does the new antenna take care of that. Third, where do I get all this stuff. I'm guessing an antenna like this needs to be an "outdoor" variety.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Adam

sawdust_128
12-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Take a look at this site.

RS 2000 <SMALL>ROADSTAR RV TV ANTENNA</SMALL> http://www.starkelectronic.com/rs2000a.htm

dale farley
12-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Adam, You will still need the converter box unless you upgrade your TV to a digital model. The converter box changes the new digital signal to analog so your older (analog) TV will work with the new signal.

jimshoen
12-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Adam,
Get the digital convert. I am using the Insignia box and love it. You will get much of the signal with the antenna down. If you are not happy, then put on the new antenna. Any questions, call.