PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Coming

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-15-2008, 08:24 AM
Before we all get too busy and fragmented in this holiday season, here's something from me to YOU!

http://ia311338.us.archive.org/1/items/VeraLynn-41-50/VeraLynn-IllAlwaysBeInLoveWithYou.mp3

http://ia311338.us.archive.org/1/items/VeraLynn-41-50/VeraLynn-IllAlwaysBeInLoveWithYou.mp3

:):)JIM:):)

dale farley
12-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Jim,

I couldn't get the link to work.

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Dale, I reloaded it, and they both work every time for me. I think you need real player to run it. Do you have real player?

JIM

Gary & Peggy Stevens
12-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Jim C, I am with Dale... I can't load it either, and I have Real Player, it may not be my primary player, but it should work none the less? :)

Gary S.

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Gee, I know very little about computers, and all this is is a simple piece of music I looked up on the internet. I clicked on it to play, it loaded, and played.
Following is the primary site, which may be necessary the first time you play it.
In the 2nd paragraph in audio files, play 2.9 MB I'll always be in love with you.
If it still doesn't play, well you get the message!

http://www.archive.org/details/VeraLynn-41-50

JIM

dale farley
12-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Jim,

I don't understand why this won't play on my computer. I have the latest version of Real Player, and I tried reducing the security on my internet settings and disabled my pop up blocker, but nothing works. I even went to the site and can't play it from there. Maybe it's just me. Anyway, I got the message. It's nice to know "you'll always love me."

jello_jeep
12-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Works fine here.. ?

dalej
12-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Works fine for me too.

Jim, are you sure you selected the right song for us bus guys? :)

dale farley
12-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Must be something internal to my computer. I have an HP, and it sometimes does some things I don't understand.

dale farley
12-15-2008, 12:40 PM
I tried downloading on my Toshiba, and it doesn't work either. I got a message from my virus protection saying the download has a corrupted file; therefore, it won't allow it. This doesn't necessarily mean it has a virus. It could be something as simple as a missing file in the program, but my security system does an excellent job, so I won't tempt fate.

tdelorme
12-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Jim, what, your pushing for a Kinder, Gentler POG in 2009?? Hate to tell you buddy, it ain't gonna happen.

And what's this "Gee, I know very little about computers," crap. Yea, right

Is that Barb in the background yelling for you to come help muck the stable?
Better hop to it, dude.

Oh, Merry Christmas to you all too.

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-15-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm with Debi, I don't clean stalls!!!!

JIM

sawdust_128
12-15-2008, 07:31 PM
With your mouse, right click on the URL Jim posted. Select the "save target as" option. Save it to your desktop and then play it off line. It will save to your destop as an MP3 file. You can then play it with any software you use to lpay MP3's. If you are still paranoid about the contents of the file, use your security software to scan it before you play it. I found it to be clean.

Cheers and Merry Christmas.

Jim: I enjoyed the track. Thanks.

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-15-2008, 08:38 PM
That's a pretty cool trick Ed, with stuff like that in my pocket I won't have to say I don't know anything about computers anymore:eek:

Dale or anyone else that player is quick time, not real player. Sorry.:cool:

JIM

sawdust_128
12-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Play it with windows media player and get the visual as well.

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Dah,:eek: how do you do that:confused:

JIM

Joe Cannarozzi
12-15-2008, 09:06 PM
What nebula is that we are watching.

Got any Louie Armstrong and Sarah Vaughn:rolleyes:

sawdust_128
12-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Jim:

How I do it is once the mp3 icon for the file is on my desktop, I can right click it and then add it to my media player library. Once there, I can play it, save it to media cards, email it, burn a cd, etc. If you load it to an SD memory card, you can play it on your Garmin or any other mp3 compatible device.

You seem to like your music and the internet. You really need to check out the media player internet radio options. I can find music I like any time of the day or night from anywhere in the world. Some of the funniest stuff I have ever heard was while listening to the on-line comedy broadcasts.

Joe: If you liked that, I suggest you try to track down the links for the mp3 files for the Yellowjackets. That was really neat stuff. A lot of morphing of photos and video with some slick optical illusions. It was like inertactive M.C. Escher stuff.

Maybe we should take this over to the computer stuff portion of the forum.

dale farley
12-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Ed,

Thanks for the tip. Once I saved it to my desktop, Windows Media Player picked it up with no problem.

sawdust_128
12-15-2008, 10:12 PM
:D
What nebula is that we are watching.

Got any Louie Armstrong and Sarah Vaughn:rolleyes:

Try this guy.

You can connect to his program through themedia player radio option.

http://www.bostonpete.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Affiliate=009

That is his web storefront, but there is a link to his radio program. Lot's of tracks from 1910 through the 1950's. Joe, lot's of good ole speakeasy music. A chicago boy should feel right at home. Joe the mechanic, talk about wise guy names. Working on buses in house slippers and you probably carry your tools in a violin case.:eek:

Enjoy!!