PDA

View Full Version : Bus age and campground restrictions.

LarryB
12-14-2008, 06:28 PM
As I am doing some armchair planning for the winter trip South, I was seeing a few RV Resorts have age restrictions for the RV [10 yrs.] as well as the occupants [55].
How do you handle these? A well cared for Bus should speak for itself but do you fudge on the registration form or be up front. This is the first year this might come into play for us, age of RV not age of my body. [I know, No POG member would ever fudge on the paper work.]

Thanks, Larry

Will Garner
12-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Larry,

The age restriction of 10 years is typically for the plastic roaches - oops I mean coaches. I've stayed at campgrounds with those restrictions, telling them up front the age of my coach when making reservations. When I pull in to register, the office staff doesn't believe it is as old as I had said it was. Campgrounds typically look at the presence of a Prevost, regardless of its age, as a plus.

Now as far as the 55 number, I can't say since I'm beyond 60 and aging ever so gracefully!:cool:

LarryB
12-14-2008, 07:40 PM
That is what I had figured was the case on the buses. I'm beyond 60 and aging gracefully as well. It's that damn mirror that needs some work.

Larry

truk4u
12-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Larry,

Please add the year and converter to your signature before that grouchy Moleman harasses you.:D

LarryB
12-14-2008, 11:59 PM
Tom, happy to do that just as soon as I get a Bus. Soon I hope!
Moleman knows my status and I think I can get a pass for now.

Larry

truk4u
12-15-2008, 06:08 AM
Oops, I take all that back, you have enough problems coping with MPD!;) Mango Mike can help you cure that disease with his 97 Liberty...

LarryB
12-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Tom, not a problem. MPD, is that what I have? I'll tell my wife. She calls it something else.

Larry

phorner
12-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Never had a problem with the bus as no one has even asked about the "age" once they hear "Prevost" mentioned.

And, as for my age, ...... I just lie :D

Ray Davis
12-15-2008, 01:09 PM
I've been to a couple of places that if you tell them your bus is older than their cuttoff, they ask to "inspect" it first. Generally that's been a glance out the window, and you're done.

I've often wondered about these places that you own your lot, that have the same restriction. What happens when your "legal" plastic coach is no longer within the age limit?

Ray

LarryB
12-15-2008, 02:02 PM
I have wondered the same thing Ray. Many places seem to allow things for regular long term folks that they don't allow for transients.

The Resort at Havasu where the mini-rally is being held in Feb. has the 10 yrs. limit. This is what caused me to start this thread. When I made my res. I was asked the year of the Bus. I had the 'feeling' that the person I talked to was required to ask the question and really didn't make a distinction between Bus and Motorhome.

Larry

Larry

Ray Davis
12-15-2008, 02:46 PM
One thing to perhaps keep in mind. An 89 Prevost looks pretty much exactly the same as a 2000 model. It wasn't till the XL2 models came 2001 that the body style changed significantly. The people at the resorts won't know a 1999 from 1989.

I think if you look back at older threads, you may find a story (if I remember correctly) from Dale, where they were going to an RV park, and incorrectly calculated the 10 year mark when telling the office people the age of their coach. They ended up having their "eleven" year old coach being inspected, which as mentioned was nothing more than a "peak out the window"

Ray

dalej
12-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Good memory Ray, that was quite a while back, maybe a year and a half.

I have upgraded to a 1999 coach this year so we don't have any trouble this winter. :)

tdelorme
12-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Good memory Ray, that was quite a while back, maybe a year and a half.

I have upgraded to a 1999 coach this year so we don't have any trouble this winter. :)

Wow. Dale, that is the exact same upgrade we made. An even trade at that!! :)

truk4u
12-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Larry,

I think the Jeep is in violation of his own park at LH and the 10 year rule!:eek:

Yankee802
12-16-2008, 01:51 AM
We here at the KOA don't have such rules, but I do understand places that do. In the Virginia Beach area, getting long term stays can be difficult because all the CGs don't want their places to look like trailer parks. I have seen some pretty dumpy looking RVs, and my manager would like to have nice looking newer RVs here. We've even had other guests comment on another guest about their RVs appearance.

Of course the age of a coach can only be used as a yard stick, and not an absolute. My coach is one of the oldest here, (maybe THE oldest?(this CG and this forum)) and when I mention she's 25, people can't believe it. But of course it IS a Prevost. :)

Geoff

MIsheeTX
05-22-2023, 09:25 PM
I have learned that my 2004 Marathon H3 is more than welcome no matter the age wherever we go, and that includes the best highest rated spots advertised on PS. Nobody except other owners can figure out the age anyway.