PDA

View Full Version : Heater Register Grate Needed ...

Ray Davis
12-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Near the front of my coach is a 4 x 14 heat register (webasto heater). Unfortunately it's right where it's easily kicked as you enter the coach, and that's exactly what happened.

It's a 4 x 14 piece of plastic, with roughly 1/2 in square openings.

If anyone has an extra one of these, or knows where I might purchase something like this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Ray

dreamchasers
12-12-2008, 07:28 AM
Ray,

One of our new sponsors, AAP, handles A/C air grills.

http://www.aap.com/airgrills.htm

I called them concerning an inverter upgrade and they were very informative. I'm still counting my pennies. Maybe Santa will remember how good I have been.

Good Luck,

Hector

Orren Zook
12-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Ray,

If you still have some pieces of your old one to use as a template ,why not have a local CNC place machine a replacement for you out of aluminum. You could have it done in a finish of your choice and it'll probably cost about the same as the original piece of plastic.

jack14r
12-12-2008, 10:47 AM
If it is what I think it is,Marathon has it by the sheet and they will cut any size you need.

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Find a shop with a CNC water jet cutting machine or laser and make it out of stainless. Contact Dale out in Nebraska.

While your at it and to help make the minimum, get some of those Corona Kelly silhouettes for your mud flaps.

If you like wood! http://www.ccairgrilles.com/ 4' X 14" is a standard size so you may be home free.

Google air grills and you will find whatever you want.

:D JIM :D

Steve Bennett
12-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Ray, the black plastic Marathon uses is a diffuser for lighting. It comes in a larger sheet, and can be cut to fit. Industrial supply houses will sell it.

Ray Davis
12-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Thanks for all the responses. After about an hour googling last night, I figured out what Steve has said, the grate is a light fixture diffuser. I haven't located a local supplier quite yet.

Unfortunately when checking air grates 4x14 is a standard size, but only for the hole in the wall. The grates themselves range a lot in size, generally at least 2 inches bigger on each side. They are desired to mount on a flush wall, and extend beyond the opening. In my case, this must fit directly IN the 4 x 14 opening.

I'll see if I can locate a diffuser supplier, or as others have suggested, maybe I'll have custom ones made.

Thanks all.

Ray

sawdust_128
12-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Ray:

Try Outwater Plastics: I believe that they call it Egg Crate Louver. About 10lewbucks a sheet plus shipping.

http://www.outwatercatalogs.com/

Ray Davis
12-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Thanks, that's the first one I've seen willing to ship less than a whole case.

Ray

Jerry Winchester
12-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Ray,

You should have saved yourself a bunch of typing and just called Marathon. They will send you the exact piece, most likely for free. I had the same issue and they sent one pronto, no questions no bill.

Ray Davis
12-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Hmm,

I had called them, and the person I spoke with didn't indicate any availability. However, they have been shut down for around a month now at the factory.

Ray

Jerry Winchester
12-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Talk to one of the chicks in customer service. They'll poop one out faster than Lew passes the collection plate.

lewpopp
12-12-2008, 10:23 PM
The only reason they gave it to Jerry was they got a peek at his queer tow car and felt he was in need.

Jerry Winchester
12-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Just watch out for this guy, especially when he forgets his medicine......

Will Garner
12-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Lew,

Hey I am in 100% agreement with you. Frankly, I'd be ashamed to have anything that "Butt Ugly" following even my old Prevost. I think at the very least we should expect a vehicle cover for that toad and at best, to remove any possibility it would blow off and expose the orange peel, a metal shed be built for the trailer to conceal the "BUT". That is a vehicle combination only a Mother could love if you know what I mean!

Later ...

lewpopp
12-13-2008, 09:56 PM
I didn't know that "Rust Bullit" sold that color paint. that's the only thing that would hold the Intl Harvester together.