PDA

View Full Version : M3 off the table

rfoster
07-03-2006, 08:25 PM
JON, JPJEFF, MM, et al-

the M3 has been upgraded. This is the latest and greatest in toads: goto ebay and enter
Item number: 220003101947
Roger That

Jon Wehrenberg
07-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Apart from having more bling than a single car should legally have, that has got to be the ultimate toad. I'm surprised you didn't paint it red to tow to Santa Fe.

But I digress. Look carefully at the pictures. In the background on one of them is a Jaguar Convertible. The white one. I'll take that in place of the M3. Pretty good eyes for an old fart, right?

Did you find out about your missing parts?

rfoster
07-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Jon: Sorry, that Jag Convertible is Z4 BMW, but if you like it - we can put a deal together! I have heard your lew bucks are the greenest. Just like your Bling is the shiniest.

Missing Parts - Well after talking to you -I emailed Satellites in Motion on Sunday and got an almost immediate response. They have been great to deal with so far. They attemped to get TracStar to ship the missing parts today -but they were closed for the holiday. Satellites in Motion has assured me to have the parts overnighted Wed when they return to work. I may have to give you another call for coaching when the goods arrive.

In other news: Have you ever got the feeling that Just Plain Jeff may not be from this planet. Strange pictures, and he emailed me a while back an article on Roswell, NM-he has been there (or maybe he came from there)
- he also posted some crap that was pretty far-out something about an encapsulated turbo charged enema? Or something - or maybe he is going to try to bribe the 85 year old woman with that gizmo to win the bling thing- he trys to throw curves like he is going to recuse himself. Just a heads up
Roger that copilot to pilot

Just Plain Jeff
07-04-2006, 06:54 AM
Roger, Roger:

Hey don't blame me. This came from Mike Kerley:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2e542035-df1e-4972-8995-e536dfa3e5d7.htm ("http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2e542035-df1e-4972-8995-e536dfa3e5d7.htm")

Furthermore, our Vogue came with LEDs stock. What else is a guy to do?

BTW if a guy doesn't know the difference between a Z4 BMW and a Jag, he should stay with his Ford Focus.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-04-2006, 08:04 AM
Roger,

See my post on the other site about JPJ also known as Prevostman.

I can't believe I thought a Z4 looked like a Jag. I was thinking it was between a Jag and an Aston Martin and ruled out the AM.

You won't have any trouble when you get the parts. But if you do I can go in the coach and we can discuss where each of the wires go. The illustrations that came with mine and that were on the internet are pretty clear.

What blew me away about mine, compared to the one that was on there was it took about 30 seconds for it to lock on to the satellite as soon as it was turned on.

rfoster
07-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Jon: See what's happening now that I got two Satellite dishes- this guy showed up on the back porch mumbling something about Santa Fe - Roswas Roswell Rosgo
http://static.flickr.com/63/178108589_27b1ffec1b_m.jpg
da prevostman

Just Plain Jeff
07-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Roger:

Not it!

I am in Maine getting ready to burn hamburgers for the family.

Ah, what station are you watching?

win42
12-18-2006, 11:32 PM
1995 BMW M3 Towing: Has anyone had any experiance towing a standard shift M3. My son has one he wants to use as a toad. He is getting mixed answers, some say it needs to have a oil pump for the tranny, others say you have to stop every so many miles and drive it.
Has anyone had any experiance really doing it?
Thanks

Jon Wehrenberg
12-19-2006, 07:47 AM
Lots of cars with manual transmissions cannot be towed and it is my understanding it is because the lubrication comes from the input end of the transmission which is rotating when the engine is running, as opposed to the output end, which is rotating when it is being towed.

Others cannot be towed, not because of any mechanical reason, such as lack of lubrication, but because the car company's lawyers somehow think towing creates a liability. FMCA usually publishes a list of towable cars, and I never see BMW on the list

truk4u
12-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Is this Jeff?

Gary & Peggy Stevens
12-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Lots of cars with manual transmissions cannot be towed and it is my understanding it is because the lubrication comes from the input end of the transmission which is rotating when the engine is running, as opposed to the output end, which is rotating when it is being towed.

Others cannot be towed, not because of any mechanical reason, such as lack of lubrication, but because the car company's lawyers somehow think towing creates a liability. FMCA usually publishes a list of towable cars, and I never see BMW on the list

Here is FMCA's web link for towables.

http://www.fmca.com/motorhomingguide/research/towing/index.asp

No Mention of any towable BMW's, that I could find for the last couple of years anyway, like Jon said.

Gary

lewpopp
12-19-2006, 09:26 PM
That was Jeff alright. He just finished conjugating the Roswell name.

The Prevostman charges all of his credit cards up with the Florida address and then heads north to hide.

Jim, blow him in to the authorities.

Lew

bill&jody
12-20-2006, 10:17 PM
fellas, fellas...
we all know, the ultimate toad is made by harley davidson. kinda makes it the ultimate bling as well, eh roger?
wmm

lewpopp
12-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Furthermore, my feathered friends, the car hanging from the overhead wires is not equiped for towing. When wash is done, we hang it out to dry. Jeff, please don't wash your car and hang it out to dry. Find any cop friends on this escapade?

Lew