PDA

View Full Version : Feb 12th Shuttle-Watch at TGO-Titusville

Coloradobus
12-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Anyone still needing a spot from Feb 10th-14th at The Great Outdoors Resort in Titusville Fla for the Febrauary 12th, 2009 Shuttle Launching, I have one under my name. One of our travelling friends has cancelled (grand kid due) and I haven't let TGO know yet. Let me know!! I should call TGO Diane soon.

sawdust_128
12-11-2008, 12:36 AM
I am interested. I need to check with the boss about it. I will let you know tomorrow if that is o.k?

Ed

Coloradobus
12-11-2008, 12:39 AM
So sorry Sawdust. Its now spoken for as of earlier today.:(

Joe Cannarozzi
12-11-2008, 02:50 AM
That place has a rally lot of sorts. It's a parking lot with electric hook-ups in the spots, possibly water too.

Are folks aware of that and inquired about those spots?

Coloradobus
12-11-2008, 09:54 AM
jOE, DIANE IS PUTTING ALL OF US ,( I THINK WE NUMBER AROUND 21) IN THE RALLY LOT, WITH A FUTURE CHOICE OF GOING TO A REGULAR SITE, LATER AS THEY OPEN. WE ARE ONLY THERE FOR THE LAUCH WINDOW AND WILL NOT BE MOVING TO A SITE IF ONE OPENS. AFTER THE LAUCH, IF IT GOES, WE ARE HEADING TO DISNEY.

Coloradobus
12-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Sawdust,

There Has Been A Snafu

MangoMike
12-11-2008, 10:11 AM
COBus,

I'll take the spot if it's still available.

What do you need from me?

Mango

sawdust_128
12-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Sawdust,

There Has Been A Snafu

Well, since I know not what, I am in if something is available. Please email me if you have other details.

truk4u
12-11-2008, 11:18 AM
I have a feeling we are all in the parking lot. All I got in the mail was an envelope full of sales info. If we can't make LH because of Nancy's ankle, we will be at TGO.

I appears we're not going to get any help from Jody & Bill and they live there. Wish Lew was there, everyone would be in!

ajducote
12-11-2008, 01:26 PM
I live at TGO 2 blocks from the Rally Lot. I will do what I can to help, BUT, I work full time and I may have to be in UTAH in February for work. So I have been very reluctant to promise anything and then not be able to deliver. If I do not have to be gone during that time, we will be hosting at least two "Happy Hours" at our home for everyone.
If anyone needs help with reservations or any other question let me know and I will do what I can. Does anyone have a list of names that might be coming?
Let the fun begin....

JIM KELLER
12-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Tom, The lot has 50 amp and water. We called and I think that is where we will be. I'm o.k. with it as long as it is not a dirt lot or mud hole. How about ti AJDUCOTE. What is the lot like ?

ajducote
12-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Jim,
It is not a mud hole. It is a large parking lot set up for rallies. There are elec and water hookups and a large rally tent. I will try to take a picture on Friday and post it. It is raining right now, not good for picture taking.

Joe Cannarozzi
12-11-2008, 05:59 PM
It is paved in asphault.

ajducote
12-11-2008, 08:24 PM
here are a few pictures of the TGO rally parking lot right after the rain stopped. I will attempt to get better pictures tomorrow.

Coloradobus
12-12-2008, 12:42 AM
Thanks Andre,

These give us a lay of the land.

Bill1170
12-26-2008, 04:06 PM
We Just Found Out About The Rally. Since We Are New To This Can Anyone Come And If So What Should We Do To Participate? Bill C

rfoster
12-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Bill: You are welcome - no invitation needed or required. There are a number POG folks planning to attend. Right now I think most have been assigned to the "rally area" with electric and water, but no dump. Shoot I have been to plenty of places were I didn't have water or electric either and we made it fine.

You will need to contact the reservationist (I believe her Name is Dianne) at The Great Outdoors Rv Resort in Titusville, Florida and let them know you would like to come and get on the list for a spot or stay in the Rally area. You should be able to google and get a phone number.

Look forward to seeing you there

Jamie Bradford
12-27-2008, 11:14 AM
We are going to be there!!!!!!!! Looking forward to it!!!!:)

Jamie & Debbie:cool:

Pete
01-07-2009, 08:31 PM
I called Diane today at TGO for a reservation for the shuttle launch and she said none were available, but to call back next week.....Is there another park in the area? Any suggestions other than WHY DID YOU WAIT SO LONG?

Joe Cannarozzi
01-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Yes Pete there is a KOA at the 221 mm on I-95 and also try a place right on the ocean called Jetty Park 321-783-7111

ajducote
01-08-2009, 06:34 AM
another place close by to TGO, just 1 exit north on I-95
http://www.seasonsinthesunrvresort.com/

I believe this one is just down the street from the one listed above.
http://willowlakes.com/index.cfm

I have not been in either of these two places, so I can not really make a recommendation. Jetty Park that Joe mentioned is nice if you like the ocean and beach, but it is 30 minutes from TGO. BUT it would be a GREAT place to watch the launch from. Getting a reservation there might be tough.
I know a few people who rent out rv pads here at TGO, I will ask around for any that might be availble.

JIM KELLER
01-08-2009, 06:54 AM
I called Diane today at TGO for a reservation for the shuttle launch and she said none were available, but to call back next week.....Is there another park in the area? Any suggestions other than WHY DID YOU WAIT SO LONG?

Pete, Call her back. Tell her you are with the POG group and you are O.K. with staying in the Rally lot. I can't believe they are full. Ask AJDUCOTE to help you out if necessary. You guys need to be in there with the rest of us !

ajducote
01-08-2009, 07:11 AM
I will go by the office as soon as I get off work and try to determine what the story is on the rally lot. I should be able to get a list of names and if any spots are still available. Will post results later today.

Pete
01-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks guys, I will start working on your suggestions today.

Jim, I told Diane I was with the POG group, and she said she had a standing reservation for 10 sites in the rally area and did not think she could take another one, she said she only worked on tues. and wed. and would work on the POG group next week, and I should call her back then. She would not let me leave my name for a "stand-by", just said to call next week.

AJDUCOTE, Thanks for going by the office after work to check, any help is appreciated.

ajducote
01-08-2009, 10:47 AM
I just called the front desk and talked to Billy. There is another rally group that will be here at the same time as POG. But there are still 5 spots left in the Rally lot.
Call and talk to anyone in reservations and tell them you are with POG and that you want to stay in the rally lot with the rest of the POG people.

If that does not work, send me your full name and a phone number and I will go to the office and twist and arm or two.

As of right now, I have an unconfirmed commitment from the real estate office here to provide wine and cheese for a happy hour at our home for the group. Still working on the details.

Pete
01-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Andre..Thank you for your help..You made my day. I just called and spoke with Billy who confirmed your post. We are signed up for the rally lot to arrive on Wed. 2/11 and depart on Sun. 2/15. He also said we could stay longer if necessary.

Thanks again, look forward to saying it personally and meeting new folks, and seeing old folks as well.. (Jim)