PDA

View Full Version : 4 Marathon Polished Nut & Hub Wheel Covers

12-09-2008, 03:20 PM
I have recently changed out my tag and steer tires and wheels and now have 4 of the polished Wheel covers that Marathon offered on their coaches until they transitioned to the one piece cover. they are all in great condition, like new actually.

I also have the inner ring to attach the screws along with all of the studs from the four tires.

If anyone needs these items please call 561-512-6181 or email 533@bellsouth.net I can also send along some pics as well.

They are worth at least $10K but I will take much less, how about an even trade for few shares of GM or Ford.

Truly i have no idea what they are worth.

adamdegraff
12-09-2008, 04:52 PM
I could totally use these! Mine got messed up during my tire change fiasco. Before I could get from the office, where I was being conned into buying the wrong tires, these kids were prying off my current covers. Nice job they did. Only mildly bent up and only a few deep gouges.

I can pay in concert tickets, Pianafiddle merchandise, GM stock, or you can just have my year end bonus.... which was first supposed to be $10 million, but then I changed my mind and decided that I didn't need after all those angry shareholders came at me with a length of rope.

Let me know :-)

~Adam

12-09-2008, 05:12 PM
That really sucks when you get poor service like that. I have to say that when ever I can I try and go to people who are recommended by other POG members or Prevost Car or Marathon.

Having said that, your sad story is not going to change my mind, I am holding firm on my price.

Just give me a call and we will work something out. When are you heading this way (So Florida) in the near future???

jimshoen
12-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Whatever Adam will pay you, I will double it.
Sorry Adam!
Those little beauties are referred to as 'Peanut Hub Caps'.
The lug nut covers look like peanuts.

lewpopp
12-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Clear this up for me. Isn't 10K ...$10,000.00 I could make a good living selling them at that price. Anyone else want a set for that price?

12-10-2008, 07:42 AM
Hello Jim,

Good name for them as they are connected to the center cover by metal tubes around the circumference of the wheel, and the nut covers do look like peanuts I guess. Call and we can discuss a plan before I put them on E-Bay, big demand for Marathon wheel covers on E-Bay during the Christmas buying season, they make great ash trays.

Anyone need the studs, I have a pile of them and they do not fit my 365's anymore. It would cost more to ship them then they are worth.

jimshoen
12-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Hi Bruce,
I am just teasing Adam. I am not sure how many he needs, but I am intersted in the covers. A couple of mine have had the same treatment as Adam's. I will contact Adam and work it out with him.

garyde
12-10-2008, 10:42 PM
It would be great Bruce if you could post some photos of these Tire Rims or Hubs or lug covers , or whatever.

adamdegraff
12-11-2008, 03:35 AM
Hey, I'd love to see pictures too. Are they real purty and shiny? Actually, I'm wondering what they look like because I'm thinking there is a possibility they won't match the ones I have on now. In which case I'd have to mix and match... or, I'd need all four and might have to end up arm wrestling Jim Shoen for them. And he's one tuff dude!
:cool:

~Adam

12-11-2008, 07:02 AM
Hi Gary,

It appears that Jim and Adam have dialed in on these items like Fly on S..., each have the same ones but have had some damage over time. The only items left in my locker are the lugs.

Jim said that the wheel covers are not being made at marathon anymore and would be difficult to come by so that why I charged him $10,000 per pair. Hope I was not being too greedy???

RDHoyum
12-13-2008, 10:55 PM
If there's still interest in the "peanut" covers, I have 3 from the non-drive wheels and a pair of the deep style from the drives. They're boxed up at home from a year ago when we got the bus and one was missing.

Reply here or PM me and I'll keep a watch here more frequently.