PDA

View Full Version : ABC Spell check

JIM KELLER
12-08-2008, 05:24 PM
I know this is in the right place because it say's Computer Challenged.

Why doesn't the Spell Check catch my mistakes ? I try to use this feature and it does not catch misspelled words. If I new I was going to spend this much time typing in my life I would have paid a lot more attention in English class !

Jon Wehrenberg
12-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Except for Lew (who misspells the name Lou) nobody else cares if you are literate.

We all understand you. Now quit worrying and go tow a few cars.

Joe Cannarozzi
12-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww Jon how come I never noticed that? Probably cause my spelling sucks. All the times I've been corrected by him, oh well never the less touche. Hope I spelled that right:D

Jim if ya wanna let me try to help you post a photo give me a call 708 243 7871:)

Jon Wehrenberg
12-08-2008, 07:15 PM
We aren't on this site to impress others with our spelling ability. I'm here to show off my stunning good looks and full head of hair.

Will Garner
12-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Hey Skiffer,

Sounds like we need to have a POG typing bee at the next rally. Won't that be fun!

Joe,

You did good. I think there is a little upward slanting mark that should be over the "e." I am sure there is a name for it, being a Frenchy word I would not know it. Of course we could have done away with that little frenchy mark about the same time we came up with "Freedom Fries." How silly was that.

Jim,

Spell checkers don't catch every typo. For example, they won't catch a form that should have been a from. There are lots more that will slip through a spell checker. Don't sweat the typing talent, just keep on typing.

Lew,

I nominate you as the Judge for the first annual POG Spelling Bee. You caught 95% plus of my typos. I always enjoyed your light hearted humor when pointing out the lack of typing skills. I am self taught and am limited by my use of only two fingers - most of the time! I am sure we can round up a jury to help out if any enforcement issues arise.

Isn't life good!

Hope all are doing well - except for their spelling.

truk4u
12-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Is this the same Tool Man Keller who busted my nads for a misspelled word?:rolleyes:

A-1 - Stunning good looks and full head of hair... I need one of your mirrors!

sawdust_128
12-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Here:

http://www.amazon.com/Nuance-Communications-Inc-A309A-G01-10-0-NaturallySpeaking/dp/B001B5J7T8/ref=pd_cp_sw_2?pf_rd_p=433272301&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0001Y7I9G&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1WFNZKGD2YEK46CDWSNK

100 Lew$ and your typing problems are fixed.

Tom: regarding getting one of Jon's mirrors, better make it two.

Will: The accent aigu ´ (acute accent)

Lew: If you are this one http://www.lewsgrillandbar.com/ you can spell it any way you want. If not, the Irish in me is going to be greatly dissapointed. Check out the YouTube clip at the bottom of Lew's page -- Corona Kelly watch out!

dale farley
12-09-2008, 01:48 AM
Jim,

When I first started using the spell check, I thought the same thing. I later realized that it wasn't really going to "check" mode. For mine to actually work, I have to press and hold my "Shift" key when I click on the spell checker icon. You may want to try that.

JIM KELLER
12-09-2008, 06:43 AM
Thanks Dale, I remembered you posted something about the Spell Checker after I did my post. Thanks agian.

Someone spell again wrong like I did above and see if Spell Checker spells it wrong also. This seems to be the problem I encounter.

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-09-2008, 11:23 AM
I will see you soon and we will be together agian.

Jim, it picks it up here right away without clicking on the spell checker. It is designated by a squiggly red line as soon as I start to type the next word.

JIM

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-09-2008, 11:44 AM
I find that most of the words that are misspelled are found by proof reading your post.

Have a dictionary by your computer for the words you know you don't know how to spell.

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?t=911&highlight=spell+checker

JIM :D

lewpopp
12-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Never mind the spelling, you guys are beyond help. I really get excited with the use of the English language where you don't know the difference between possessive or whatever. I cannot understand why my mother drilled the language into me and made sure I had a small command of it when along comes you very successful Prevost owners that don't know the difference between "your" and "you're".

Now bring on the judge. I'll meet you at Lew's and bring a couple of bucks for the bartender's tip.

The trouble with spell check is that when the choices come up to replace the incorrect word, you're stuck for an answer.