PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Signups Feb. 13-15

BrianE
12-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Based on the interest shown in the "Leftcoasters" thread, we are pressing ahead for a POG gathering at the Havasu RV Resort, http://www.havasurvresort.com on the weekend of February 13-15. At the present time the resort has plenty of space in their Phase 3 area so when making reservations make sure and specify you would like to be located in that area.

As far as rates are concerned, the regular daily rate is $54.96 per night including tax and electric. Make reservations for this rate at 877-407-2020. For those who might want to consider looking at the Resort as a lot investment possibility, Jello Jeep has arranged with Michelle Dawson the sales manager at the resort for us to partake of their free 5 day offer in exchange for a short sales presentation. Space is limited to 7 reservations for this option so the early bird gets the worm. E-mail Michelle: mdawson@havasuresort.com, identify yourself as a POG member and include the following:

First Names:
Last Name:
Date of Arrival: February 13th
Mailing Address:
Cell Phone:
Pets: (limit 2 per RV)
Year of RV (No more than 10 yrs old):
Length of RV (no less than 25 ft):

Michelle will confirm your reservation via return e-mail. Any questions you can call her at 888-297-8568.

I've taken the liberty to edit Jeep's post on the other thread that describes the activities we might enjoy. Hope to see a nice turnout.

Monday the sixteenth of February 2009 is President's Day.

And traditionally on that weekend the Western Pyrotechnic Association holds it's annual Winterblast celebration.

http://www.westernpyro.org/index.php

I used to be a member but don't have enough time to do all anymore, so I just go and watch. Usually the big public display is on Sunday night as I recall. This is a fireworks show elite for sure. It is held at Sara Park which is on hwy 95 on the South end of town (gun club here too).

You can pay to go into the stands (best view) or sit out in the desert for free (for the cheap'os :) ) LOL...

There are so many people that sometimes they shut down hwy 95 at show time to avoid people crashing from watching the fireworks when they drive!

Other things to do there are,,, JEEPING, boating on the river, sightseeing the London Bridge area, geocaching (Kenny Z is an expert), road trip to Laughlin/Bullhead City for gambling (don't tell Dee Clark, we won't see her at all). I suppose you could run to the Grand Canyon if you had a mind to, field trip to Quartzite, fishing, Its about 2 hours to Vega$ if that floats your boat.

normancasson
12-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Norm & Doreen Casson signed up with Michelle today arriving Thursday the 12th and leaving Monday the 16th. The next weekend is the NHRA race in Phoenix (Feb 20-22) so I might take the coach to the races early and drive home for a few days then return.

truk4u
12-09-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm in I think, haven't heard back from Michelle.

Kevin Erion
12-09-2008, 10:39 AM
The Erion's are in, can't wait to see some fire in the sky, not in the trees near our house!

jello_jeep
12-09-2008, 11:57 AM
For what its worth, LHC in Feb could be anything from mild days, cool evenings.. To cold days really cold evenings & wind..

So plan on having both warm & cold weather gear, the latter especially for fireworks night!

If you are into shooting, bring your favorite guns. We drive down the road from the resort and go "plinking", no rock, can, or bottle is safe, and copious supplies of ammo are required.

There is a formal range out by Sara park, not sure what days it is open but can look into it if there is someone who wants to know.

This should be fun!

jello_jeep
12-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Spoke with Michelle today, and I guess she has been getting more than a few calls ;)

She said that the max number of "tour" slots had already been taken, but with some persuasion she has agreed to try and take as many as call as opposed to the 7 limit.

She is going above and beyond the call for us here! Thats why I like the girl, just down home nice folk.

I have booked the clubhouse for 2/14/09 in the evening for a fiesta/bbq/feed/whatever. I guessed it at 25 people or so. It doesn't mean we have exclusive use, ie other owners could still walk through or whatever but we will be able to use the kitchen. I haven't had a problem with it before. I am sure we will have a hoot.

I heard an UNcofirmed rumor that if we get 12 coaches, Jim Skiff is going to fly out and party with us ! Should he choose to do so, we will see if Lobster Boy can shoot ;)

truk4u
12-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Jeep,

I haven't had much luck with your girlfriend. e-mail Sunday, e-mail Monday and a phone call today with no call back. I don't know if I'm in or out!:mad:

jello_jeep
12-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Truk. You are safe!

garyde
12-09-2008, 10:26 PM
I got confirmation this morning from Michelle. Now Warren, what is the 90 minute arm twisting like?

Joe Cannarozzi
12-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Gary get some "stink tablets" from any local trick shop and bust them open a couple of minutes into the presentation. I guarantee it will clear the room:D

jello_jeep
12-09-2008, 10:58 PM
It will be close to non-existent. They will likely give you a brochure and ask if you have questions.

Its always nice to know the market, and any knowledge is good. Take a look around!

Heck you never know, you might want one someday ;)

It is zero pressure for sure... Class act.

jello_jeep
12-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Or invite two Italians :p;):D

Gary get some "stink tablets" from any local trick shop and bust them open a couple of minutes into the presentation. I guarantee it will clear the room:D

BrianE
12-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Just got a nice E-mail from Michelle. She has spoken to Carol, the resort manager, with the result of a %50 discount on the regular overnight fee of $55.00. What a deal! Coupled with the price of diesel it'd be tough to find an excuse for not heading to Havasu.

Since we plan on having a barbecue on Saturday night I suggest we invite Michelle and allow her to give us her pitch which she promises won't be a hard-sell. Seems the least we can do for her effort on our behalf. If anyone objects to the idea, we can pick another time, Sunday afternoon maybe? PLease let either Jeep or me know how we can help make the weekend all it can be.

As for meals, we can wing it Friday night as we meet old friends and maybe head for a local beanery. Our barby on Saturday night would work well as a potluck which we can organize onsight. Maybe some would like to gather for breakfast before desert ratting, golf etc. Someone might want to head up a golf event. Volunteers? According to Jeep, the shooters might want to have some fun with golfballs too. If you have any old ones, stick'em in your ammo box.

Joe Cannarozzi
12-11-2008, 07:31 AM
Help me out here folks Warren has me at a disadvantage with his last comment.

What flavor might he be, anybody know:confused:

BrianE
12-11-2008, 10:06 AM
You'll have to come to Havasu to find out Joe. Italian truck drivers usually drive with the windows down. Right? :rolleyes:

jello_jeep
12-11-2008, 11:36 AM
I don't care who you are, thats funny right there!

You'll have to come to Havasu to find out Joe. Italian truck drivers usually drive with the windows down. Right? :rolleyes:

Denny
12-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Joe,

Don't worry, there are two types of people in the world - those that are Italian and those that wish they were.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
12-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Dale Peg and I will not be able to attend the Havasu, rally. :(

No I am sorry to say we will not be able to attend the Havasu mini rally, with some of the rest of you. But we are heading out for the Xmas/New Years Holiday towards Phoenix.

We are all ready booked for at least 2 full weeks in the bus for next year and with the boss's work schedule I just don't get to get out as much as I would like to? :confused: :( You probably don't know what I mean ! ?

April 3-12 Disneyworld / SportClips Conference Granddaughter Spring Break
Oct 2-7 POG Rally Oklahoma City 09

Various 3 day weekend Holiday

If your travels bring you guys close to Houston, be sure and let us know. Would love to see the two of you again, maybe if your coming to visit Jan's Uncle?

sawdust_128
12-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Help me out here folks Warren has me at a disadvantage with his last comment.

What flavor might he be, anybody know:confused:

Californian:p:D:eek:.

jello_jeep
12-20-2008, 07:21 AM
C'mon Sawdust, a nine day old zinger... Sheesh.... In comedy, timing is everything!! ;)

Californian:p:D:eek:.

sawdust_128
12-21-2008, 01:53 PM
C'mon Sawdust, a nine day old zinger... Sheesh.... In comedy, timing is everything!! ;)

Well, then back at ya. Nine day-old zinger followed by a two day-old really lame zinger-backer. Timing isn't everything cause quicker isn't better.:rolleyes:

Ray Davis
12-22-2008, 03:17 PM
OK, we've made reservations. Arriving Friday, leaving Monday ....

See ya all there.

Ray

dalej
12-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Ray, how come you can't stay any longer the that?

Ray Davis
12-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Lack of vacation time. I used 4 weeks of vacation picking up the bus and driving to West Point, and then back to CA.

I'm kinda lucky to get the long weekend at this point. How long were you staying?

Ray

dalej
12-22-2008, 03:54 PM
We plan on being in Havasu for about 6 weeks. We'll be in Phoenix for a couple weeks before that.

We hope to get out of here around the 25th of January.

Ray Davis
12-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Wow, that sounds wonderful, eight plus weeks on the road! Woo....

BrianE
12-22-2008, 06:17 PM
It wouldn't be a west side rally without you Ray. Glad you could put it together.

dalej
12-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Brian is that master engineer neighbor or yours going to be in Havasu? If so he will have to do a show and tell on his smart-carrier.

Sid Tuls
12-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Wow, that sounds wonderful, eight plus weeks on the road! Woo....

Ray, how much notice do you have to give to attend a POG rally? My accountant just bought a coach from Steve @ California Coach he bought the 2001 Vantare. So we thought it would be fun to make this trip together with our wifes. The only thing the bus has to go to Prevost Mira Loma for an inspection. So as soon as he can get this done I'll know more. I told him to join POG so I bet we will see him on here soon. His name is Brent Hicks and he's from Ontario,Ca.

Ray Davis
12-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Sid, it would be wonderful to bring them along. Simply contact Lake Havasu resort and book a spot. Worst case, they might need to refund your credit card, but we're talking about only $75 for three days. You can't beat it.

Tell them you're with the POG group, and they know to give you a 50% rate.

Looking forward to seeing you there, and finally meeting in person!

Ray

Coloradobus
01-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Hey we need some "mentors"

Friends of ours that we travel with recently bought a Marathon "H". They spend the winters in Indio, but are back in Eugene, Oregon right now for birth of grand kid #3.

I have given them info on the Lake Havasu Rally. They are Fred and Betty Siegrist and we love them to death.

If they come, please be gentle for the first 2 minutes.;)

jello_jeep
01-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Boy, you guys are asking for a lot!

If they come, please be gentle for the first 2 minutes.;)[/QUOTE]

Sid Tuls
01-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Judy & I sign up for the rally this morning. Sense being new to the rally thing is there anything else we need to know?

Jon Wehrenberg
01-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Wear a cup. Those guys out west are a tough bunch.

jello_jeep
01-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Jon is correct, a tight fitting one at that :)

Sid, it isn't going to be a formal affair, it is more of a get together. The only thing officially scheduled is a bbq/dinner/potluck whatever on Sat 2/14 at the clubhouse in the park there.

Also of interest is the fireworks show down at Sara Park on Sunday night the 15th, read the earlier threads for details.

Bring your favorite shootin iron too if you are into shooting, as those that care to will be running up the road from the park into the desert for a little shootin!

The fee for the rally is only $200.00, payable to me in advance. This buys you all the fun you can have at your expense :) Just kidding, don't send $ :) :)

Brent
01-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Marilyn and I will be following Sid and Judy to the rally in our first mini-road trip in our (for us :)) new coach, so please add two to the list.
Brent

garyde
01-06-2009, 09:46 PM
A reminder; Call the Park to make your reservations .

mikedee
01-07-2009, 01:58 AM
Just email for our reservation, 2/12- 2/16. I am not sure if quail season is still open but my quail dog Dusty and bird handler Mrs. Dee will be available if any one wants to quail hunt. I will check the cost and season and repost. South of Havasu between Hwy 95 and the lake is an excellent area for quail.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Marilyn and I will be following Sid and Judy to the rally in our first mini-road trip in our (for us :)) new coach, so please add two to the list.
Brent

Brent, don't forget to add the appropriate Signature Line to your replies, so we all know what NEW TO YOU coach you are driving. :)

Gary S.

hhoppe
01-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Mike C: I would be all for the quail hunting, but the AZ Quail Season ends on Feb. 8, 2009. I have no clue where there would be an open area in that region that would contain quail. If we were sure of a spot for quail it would be worth getting down there a week or two early.

Jeep: Are you talking shotgun target shooting or rifle / pistol plinking.

jello_jeep
01-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Harry, you can shoot anything you care to!

dalej
01-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Michelle called me this morning and it looks like we are in!

Arriving on the 14th and leaving in 5 free days of camping. We are then moving to the Island unless we happen to buy a lot after Michelle gets done with us. :)

garyde
01-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Great to see you can make it Dale . It looks like we have quite a few people showing up, anyone have a count?

jello_jeep
01-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Seems to vary from folks saying they are "in", and who is called for reservations..

I will get a count from the park shortly.

jello_jeep
01-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Dale, glad you will be in-house for the rally before you move down waterfront!

dalej
01-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Michelle said yesterday that some have talked to her and have a free space and some made their own reservations and she didn't have that list.

Ray Davis
01-09-2009, 11:58 AM
When I called to make a reservation Michelle was not there. I made the reservation with another lady, and was given the 50% off rate, so I assume I'm in?

Ray

jello_jeep
01-09-2009, 06:17 PM
If you made a reservation, you are in.

I will get a list in the next week from them do double check.

jello_jeep
01-10-2009, 02:42 PM
This is the reservations received at the park..

If you make a reservation, post it so we can keep track without bugging them.

Thanks!

Esler
Cassson
Zittrer
Beer
Erion
Davis
Deinhard
Chilcote
Hoffman
Queen
Hoppe
Bennett
Juranek

Orren Zook
01-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Mike C: I would be all for the quail hunting, but the AZ Quail Season ends on Feb. 8, 2009. I have no clue where there would be an open area in that region that would contain quail. If we were sure of a spot for quail it would be worth getting down there a week or two early.

Jeep: Are you talking shotgun target shooting or rifle / pistol plinking.

Say.... Do you guys shoot trap or skeet? or does just one load a bay with assorted equipment and play it by ear when you arrive?

Kevin Erion
01-10-2009, 03:28 PM
I did my reservations thru the normal deal, I will come in on Friday and leave Monday.
Maybe that is why they don't have our name on the list.
Are they going to try and park us together as a group? If so, should I call and ask to be put into the POG listing?
Thanks

BrianE
01-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Hey Kevin, look again. It's our understanding we will be parked together.

Orren, Due to the unorganized nature of this very casual gathering, the right answer is load up the bay and be ready for anything. Unless the quail hunting idea happens, would guess shotguns won't play unless someone brings a clay bird thrower, Harry? Sounds like 22's vs golf balls is the Jeepsters passion and that sounds like fun. Ken Z is a biker and Geo cache guy so we're hoping that will be a part of the adventure too. Whatever happens, it sounds like boredom won't be an issue. :)

jello_jeep
01-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Kevin, there is a great optometrist in Havasu, Eyes By The River :), specialty is computer glasses..... (sorry, couldn't resist) .. Still have .45 on the load rack. :D

We are all on opposing sides of a street (same street as my lot) and they are pretty much together as much as possible... Hard to do 100% because some of them are already sold and privately owned or rented... But its pretty cool... Especially for the price ;)

I did my reservations thru the normal deal, I will come in on Friday and leave Monday.
Maybe that is why they don't have our name on the list.
Are they going to try and park us together as a group? If so, should I call and ask to be put into the POG listing?
Thanks

Kevin Erion
01-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Warren,
I think I have a chunk of air still in my eyes from the air bag R&R, must be keeping things a little fuzzy!
Thanks for the HELP!

Sid Tuls
01-11-2009, 12:00 AM
This is the reservations received at the park..

If you make a reservation, post it so we can keep track without bugging them.

Thanks!

Esler
Cassson
Zittrer
Beer
Erion
Davis
Deinhard
Chilcote
Hoffman
Queen
Hoppe
Bennett
Juranek
Tuls
Hicks
I Hope I did this right

Brent
01-11-2009, 01:22 AM
I received email confirmation from Beverly yesterday for a Friday 2/13 arrival and Monday 2/16 departure; so we will see everyone on the 13th.

dalej
01-11-2009, 07:09 AM
It sounded like Tom and Nancy aren't going to be able to make it in. :(

truk4u
01-11-2009, 09:42 AM
I e-mailed Michelle and told her we couldn't make it due to some post surgery therapy needs for Nancy's ankle. I was really looking forward to the Blast-A-Rama in the Desert, now I can't bring one of my toy's!

Kevin Erion
01-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Hey Truk, whats the deal? Oh, you got confirmation that there is a real Mrs. Erion, not just a blow up and now you aren't making the trip out west?

truk4u
01-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Jdub confirmed the real Mrs Erion is a sweetheart and we just can't understand how she hooked up with this guy!:cool:

jello_jeep
01-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Holm
Esler
Cassson
Zittrer
Beer
Erion
Davis
Deinhard
Hoffman
Queen
Hoppe
Bennett
Juranek
Tuls
Hicks

jello_jeep
01-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Really sorry that the victim, .errr.. eehhhh.. I mean Truk man can't make it.

Looking forward to out shooting you!

Maybe next year!

hhoppe
01-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Your list did not contain: Mike & Dee Clark, Jim Chilcote, Jim Skiff ( our fearless leader). Are they in our out. Don't forget the Phantoms Mango & JDUB the creep in crap and creep out agains.
Skiffer your not required to join us, but are always welcome.
" We be by our selves, Were all alooone!! "

Holm
Esler
Cassson
Zittrer
Beer
Erion
Davis
Deinhard
Hoffman
Queen
Hoppe
Bennett
Juranek
Tuls
Hicks

BrianE
01-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Harry, Havent met Jim Chilcote yet but Tom and Nancy can't make it. I think the Clarks are coming but not sure. We've got enough for a good party for sure and all others are welcome if they can make it. The Taco Twins will be charged admission which will go in the sheep fund. :eek:

jello_jeep
01-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Confirmed as of today!

Holm
Esler
Cassson
Zittrer
Beer
Erion
Davis
Deinhard
Hoffman
Queen
Hoppe
Bennett
Juranek
Tuls
Hicks
Clark

jello_jeep
01-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Well, I talked to the Skiffster a whilst back, and he said something like he wasn't sure we really wanted him out here.

So maybe we should all give him a CALL and let him know how much his charming presence would mean to us.....

I mean, it will be like Christmas with no Santa! A clam-bake without clams! Vega$ with no free cocktails!

As for Jdub and chicken-man,,, closest major terminal is Las Vegas, maybe a hopper to LHC international, or rent a car is maybe even easier.. Walmart available in LHC for Acme supplies.

jello_jeep
01-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Holm
Esler
Cassson
Zittrer
Beer
Erion
Davis
Deinhard
Hoffman
Queen
Hoppe
Bennett
Juranek
Tuls
Hicks
Clark
Williams

Ray Davis
01-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Looks like we've got ourselves a "party"

truk4u
01-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Harry,

Have a good time my friend!:p

Jim

lewpopp
01-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Hey Harry,

If Skiffer can't make a buck off of the rally then he ain't going. Do you blame him?

hhoppe
01-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Lew: Not so with Skiffer. He has always put himself out beyond the call to duty at his own expense. My remarks were meant to welcome him for sure. It's a very remote area to reach by plane and an expense he doesn't need to make. Jim's got a family to care for at home. Skiffer your the man and we always enjoy having you with us. Your call. We'll all be together later this year in OK.

truk4u
01-14-2009, 09:11 AM
I know one Rally that if the Caterer wouldn't have given Skiffer a break, he would have had to pony up a lot of cash out of his own pocket due to no shows that said they would be there and never paid.

BrianE
01-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Lew, Now that you've had your butt paddled and have spent some time in your room, you can join the family for dinner. You have to promise to be a good boy though (until next time). :D

jello_jeep
01-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Lobster boy actually does have some heart, he is not a complete capitalist like I am ;)

Please Please DO NOT tell him I said anything remotely nice about him though..

I do have a reputation to maintain! :rolleyes:

lewpopp
01-14-2009, 09:57 PM
I consider( or is that concider ) myself reprimanded.

BrianE
01-15-2009, 03:11 PM
If you've made reservations for Havasu (877)-407-2020 please add yourself to the list if you don't see your name below:

http://www.havasurvresort.com/

Holm
Esler
Casson
Zittrer
Beer
Erion
Davis
Deinhard
Hoffman
Queen
Hoppe
Bennett
Juranek
Tuls
Hicks
Clark
Williams
van Schoonhoven

hhoppe
01-15-2009, 03:53 PM
I hope to see Darl Wilson and Jim Shoen sign up before the date gets here. They are two of our strong left coast POG busmen. The business climate today makes it hard to commit too far out. I sure hope they both are able to join us.

jello_jeep
01-17-2009, 07:40 AM
Holm
Esler
Casson
Zittrer
Beer
Erion
Davis
Deinhard
Hoffman
Queen
Hoppe
Bennett
Juranek
Tuls
Hicks
Clark
Williams
van Schoonhoven
John (fly u)

Jay Becker
01-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Geez, I gotta get online more often so I don't miss out! As I've only met a few of you, this will be fun. Will bring Hardware as well. Thanks.

Jerry Winchester
01-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Sadly enough, Mango Mike and I plan on being with our POG brethern in Florida, so Kickback Ken the Trucker's Friend will be in charge of sheep distribution.

However, the Krakman is sending out a salad for the pot luck.

truk4u
01-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Left Coast Rally Warning!

hhoppe
01-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Jdub and Mango we will truly miss your sorry a--es's at our very exclusive gathering. When sending sheep, please send only young and pretty ones. All their offsprings will be barbqued by the Jeep man. Enjoy the right coasters bash. (they deserve you). Above all have fun.

jello_jeep
01-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Jay, if you already made a reservation through the office as noted earlier in the thread, let us know so we can add you to the OFFICIAL list :)

Make sure they know you are with the Prevost group so you get put in the same area.

Looking forward to meeting ya'll.

Geez, I gotta get online more often so I don't miss out! As I've only met a few of you, this will be fun. Will bring Hardware as well. Thanks.

Jay Becker
01-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Jay, if you already made a reservation through the office as noted earlier in the thread, let us know so we can add you to the OFFICIAL list :)

Make sure they know you are with the Prevost group so you get put in the same area.

Looking forward to meeting ya'll.

Thanks, and yes I have made a reservation and they DO know I am with you guys, so I'm not sure how much "official" involvement I want :eek:... don't they have laws about sheep in Arizona? Then again, do I get a badge or something to go with the assorted hardware? :D

jello_jeep
01-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Holm
Esler
Casson
Zittrer
Beer
Erion
Davis
Deinhard
Hoffman
Queen
Hoppe
Bennett
Juranek
Tuls
Hicks
Clark
Williams
van Schoonhoven
John (fly u)
Becker

Jerry Winchester
01-20-2009, 06:31 PM
The Krakman is sending his dog as well.........

Jay Becker
01-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Hey Jerry, sorry you won't be with us! I just got back from New Zealand and have lots of pictures.....

truk4u
01-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Easy Jer, they're in another Country!:o

Jay - You will fit in nicely!

RDHoyum
01-21-2009, 12:28 AM
Holm
Esler
Casson
Zittrer
Beer
Erion
Davis
Deinhard
Hoffman
Queen
Hoppe
Bennett
Juranek
Tuls
Hicks
Clark
Williams
van Schoonhoven
John (fly u)
Becker

We made very early reservations with resort, with special request(by Sharon) to park next to the Holms, with the Clarks on the otherside. We are planning on a Tues 10th arrival, leaving on Mon 16th.

Randy & Sharon Hoyum

jello_jeep
01-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Holm
Esler
Casson
Zittrer
Beer
Erion
Davis
Deinhard
Hoffman
Queen
Hoppe
Bennett
Juranek
Tuls
Hicks
Clark
Williams
van Schoonhoven
John (fly u)
Becker
Hoyum

jello_jeep
01-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Well folks, this is growing to quite a number over what Brian E and I first conjured up! I am sure we will have a blast, but the logistics will be a bit more of a task.

Michelle at the resort has pushed the limits of how many freebies she can do at once (about twice her limit) so if you are not yet on the list, you will need to do the 1/2 price deal through the normal reservation office as was previously laid out. (Still a smokin deal)!

Norm Casson has generously offered to provide the services of an entertainer for the evening, a Mr. Harris if my memory is working correctly. Norm assures us that if you close your eyes you will think you are listening to "The Chairman Of The Board" (Sinatra). So a big thanks to Norm for donating the entertainment.

We will also be holding the usual Charity Auction! If you care to donate items to the auction, please call or email me so I have some idea how much scrounging I need to do as well. You have seen the goodies from the past, ranging from rubber chickens, large bottles of wine/booze, engine service gift certificates, tee shirts, hats, POG goodies etc. Anything you can donate or get someone else to donate will be a big help.

I have already put the arm on Marathon Beaumont, so king's X on Roger, he has already agreed to step up.

The likely recipient will be a local charity, I have made some calls and will firm it up and let everyone know.

I would take a guess at the number of people for dinner on Saturday at somewhere around fifty with POG members and some invited guests.

I am going to smoke up a Top Sirloin on my Weber bbq, can only fit one on there so that will be around 16lbs. Recognizing everyone doesn't just eat beef (beyond me as to why :) ) We could use someone to do chickens. There is a bbq at the clubhouse, but I have never used it and wouldn't know its oddities. There is a grocery store down the road, maybe we could just buy a half dozen roasted chickens or something? Brian E expressed interest in maybe doing something like that. So maybe that will work.

The rest was kind of planned as pot-luck, and I have had some people call me and ask what they can bring...

What I am going to do is just go down the list assign people to a general food category, and you can pick what you are making.

This is not set in stone, its just a guideline and a starting point to get things rolling. If you want to do something else, or want to bring meat of some sort and have a means to cook it, let me know! We will have a blast no matter what as usual.

Drinks: Bring your own!

Crudites, appetizers, chips, dips: Zittrer, Beer, Erion, Davis

Salad & dressing, rolls & butter: Deinhard, Hoffman, Queen, Hoppe

Vegetables: Bennett, Juranek, Tuls

Starchy stuff (taters, rice, beans): Hicks, Clark, Williams

Desert: VanSchoonhoven, John(flyU), Becker, Hoyum

Beef/chicken, BBQ sauce: Holm/Esler

Entertainment: Casson

The clubhouse has a standard kitchen/fridge freezer setup, and a nice counter to set everything else up on so it should be great!

Remember this isn't cast in stone, just a starting point. If you are unwilling/able to bring stuff it won't be then end of the world!

I am sure as usual there will by way too much chow & booze in good POG style. We always have a good time.

More to follow!

PS, anyone wanting to take over ram-rodding this deal, Brian and I have already agreed to let you take it, just let us know ;)

garyde
01-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Hi Warren. Your doing great! Let me know if you want me to BBQ some Ribs or Tri Tip. I'd be happy to do that. Regarding Paper Plates , Utensils, Napkins ,etc. Do you need someone to take care of those? How about a set-up group and a clean up group?
We want you, Brian and your wives to enjoy the Rally as well.

Kevin Erion
01-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Warren, Beer and snacks? How did you know!

jello_jeep
01-22-2009, 11:58 PM
Gary, ribs sound great if you are up for it!

Hadn't thought of the plates etc, usually folks bring their own, but being as we will have guests it might be easy to just have on person bring them.

A KP batallion is always helpful.

Thanks for the offers... I am sure it will be a hoot!

Hi Warren. Your doing great! Let me know if you want me to BBQ some Ribs or Tri Tip. I'd be happy to do that. Regarding Paper Plates , Utensils, Napkins ,etc. Do you need someone to take care of those? How about a set-up group and a clean up group?
We want you, Brian and your wives to enjoy the Rally as well.

jello_jeep
01-22-2009, 11:59 PM
"Beer" is actually someone's name who signed up at the resort. I am not sure who it is ?

But of course BEER is always welcome!

Warren, Beer and snacks? How did you know!

jello_jeep
01-23-2009, 08:40 AM
Folks are asking for a "schedule".

The only things set in stone are,,

Saturday 2/14 (Valentines day) 5PM POG BBQ, potluck, charity auction, and music. This will be held in the phase 1 club house (nearest the entrance).

Sunday 2/15 mid to late afternoon, head out to Sara Park for fireworks show that will commence @ dusk. We need to be out there early, as hwy 95 will get closed, and the entrance to Sara Park will get closed as soon as the park gets full. You have to get tickets to get in to the park, I will try to look into how to get them and post it. We also have a connection to the gun club property that is adjacent to the park to watch for free, but you wouldn't get to see the ground stuff. It is also not yet clear if we can get permission for as many people as are now signed up to go out there.

These are not set in stone..

Interest has also been expressed in going out for breakfast on Saturday morning 2/14. Sounds good to me, and working on a sponsor for that.

Maybe some desert shooting for those interested on Sunday. We can work out a time.

Also the honorable Harry Hoppe pointed out that there are several new folks that probably think this is a "real" rally, and to that end we should have a round table on Bus issues, maintenance etc. This is a good idea too and we could use some "volunteers" to present something.. Harry is officially in charge of this, contact him with your ideas before we volunteer for you! :)

The only other thing I can think of is Maybe cocktail hour on Friday, like a meet & greet. Possibly we can get Master Zittrer to due a Margarita Boy Dog & Pony show! Hows about it Ken? Maybe 4 or so on Friday? We can pick a site to have it on, or if the weather is cold or nasty we can sneak into one of the club houses and take shelter & make merry.

As always these are just ideas... tweak as necessary!

DON'T FORGET ARIZONA DOES NOT OBSERVE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS, THEY ARE ON MTN TIME NOW, (1 hour ahead of PST). All times listed will be AZ time.

dalej
01-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Also the honorable Harry Hoppe pointed out that there are several new folks that probably think this is a "real" rally, and to that end we should have a round table on Bus issues, maintenance etc. This is a good idea too and we could use some "volunteers" to present something.. Harry is officially in charge of this, contact him with your ideas before we volunteer for you!_Warren

When I talked to Harry he implied that he wanted to do a complete polish of my bus as a technical seminar. Is this going to be a great get together or what! :)

Ray Davis
01-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Interest has also been expressed in going out for breakfast on Saturday morning 2/14. Sounds good to me, and working on a sponsor for that

That sounds outstanding. As I remember that cafe you tool us too last time we were out there (Black Bear Cafe??), was MOST execellent!

Ray

dalej
01-23-2009, 09:58 PM
The Black bear is great for supper too, the cobbler is to die for, so don't eat the chicken fried steak or you won't have room. :)

jello_jeep
01-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Ray, I think the chow there is good stuff obviously, I was wondering if they could handle a crowd our size, somewhere between 42-50 I am thinking, especially if we get it sponsored by someone I would project near 100% attendance.

Called BB Cafe, manager told me their total seating capacity is 100, and on saturday morning on top of it, impossible.

The only place I could think of in LHC that I thought might take us as a group, and give us a private room as well is the Golden Corral, a recently built large buffet type joint.

The food is good, place is clean and its popular (maybe not as good as BB cafe but we can always hit that joint up on another morning in a small group)! The major draw is we don't have to cook it, clean it up, and we get to be together for further mutual harassment!

I called Golden Corral and they said they had a room big enough, and it wouldn't be a problem, and asked I call back tomorrow and speak to the GM to firm it up.

Unless there are objections, it seems the only choice I know of, and I will handle it.

If anyone has any suggestions other than that, don't be shy! Speak up!

jello_jeep
01-23-2009, 11:05 PM
It is LarryB & Teddy from Walla Walla Washington!

Welcome to the both of you!
Look forward to seeing you in LHC.

"Beer" is actually someone's name who signed up at the resort. I am not sure who it is ?

But of course BEER is always welcome!

BrianE
01-24-2009, 12:03 AM
Wow! Beverly and I can't disappear for 2 days and you guys have this gathering completely organized. We're impressed. :)

Gary, will call you re the rib thing, great idea and offer. Harry and Dale, was thinking the same about a round table discussion. Looks like Saturday morning might be the right time. Ken Z was the first to brainstorm a tech discussion. Ken, will call you to eat some crow and coordinate for the visitor you suggested. Jeep, you're the man.

We're headed down I-5, destination points south, warm weather, and Havysue.

LarryB
01-24-2009, 12:31 AM
Brian, where are you on I-5? We are leaving Red Bluff in the AM, Bakersfield tommorow night. If your near by wave.

dalej
01-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Since our daughter was born on the 13th of February, we have made plans to have dinner with her and her husband in Phoenix.

We are planning on getting to the park around noon on Saturday. I had talked to Harry and said I would help him anyway he wanted but that we won't be there until noon.

hhoppe
01-24-2009, 09:56 AM
DaleJ I had planned on polishing your bus on the 12th. Since the bus won't be there per my schedule you'll have to polish it yourself, sorry. My schedule will be tight the remainder of the time in Havasu doing all the dumb things you and Jeep have thought up for me to do.
I did hope to find time for a little tech discussion to have any questions by the new members answered by some of our estute bus officinado's.
Brian will provide some interesting theory's, Peter will shoot holes in Brians therory's, Steve Bennet will provide the only real true substance. Erion will provide an update on Hondas' entry into the bus market. Deinhard will get into your shorts with his all things electrical. Jurnek Mr. I done it myself will provide provide "how to post pictures on the POG web page. Clark will lecture us on how we should have unloaded our business before the crash. Zitter will move to adjourn to Margurita Hour. To all of the new POG members, please note nothing of substance will evolve at this fun meeting that would replace the real POG rally to be held in the Fall in Oaklahoma. Skiffer will be providing Converter Technicians and full discussions of our Bus operational needs. Send your topics you want discussed to him.

BrianE
01-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Harry has captured the spirit of the entire gathering and once again proven that all old guys haven't lost "it". We may however, have something of slight value to those of you who would listen very carefully. Harry, while I am usually a target for Peter, it's only because I'm convenient. All comers can expect to be derided and insulted equally in his presence. Dale, we will obviously need to conduct the techy thing on Saturday afternoon in order not to miss your midwestern "fix it with bailing wire" advice.

Larry, will miss you on the "5". We are currently in Napa/Sonoma visiting with friends and family. Will continue via 101 to Morro Bay and LA. Am scheduling for a normal service at Prevost Mira Loma around the 6th (estimated). PM or e-mail your cell or ours is listed on Dale's map.

jello_jeep
01-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Wayne Mullis, owner of Desert West Coach AZ, spoke to the Skiffer and wants to attend our little shin-dig, not in an official capacity, but to rub elbows and meet & talk and hang out.

Welcome Wayne.

Holm
Esler
Casson
Zittrer
Beer
Erion
Davis
Deinhard
Hoffman
Queen
Hoppe
Bennett
Juranek
Tuls
Hicks
Clark
Williams
van Schoonhoven
John (fly u)
Becker
Hoyum
Mullis (Desert West Coach)

Sid Tuls
01-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Warren,just catching up on the up coming rally and also wanting to know if I can bring any steaks or tri-tip since I'am in the beef business. Just let me know or e-mail me or give me a call @ 559-901-6426 or 806-258-7261 the last # is the office my verison sometimes is a little out of range. Did you also mention that some guys wanting to golf? Look forward to the rally.

garyde
01-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Hi Sid. Brian and I were talking about Beef Ribs. I'll call.

jello_jeep
01-27-2009, 05:16 PM
I emailed one of the board members for the Western Pyro Association asking about tickets and seating, here is his reply...

Warren,
To answer your question in regards to Tickets. We do not sell tickets for the Public Display.
Since you have been in the past it is still the same first come first seat. This year there will
be two public displays. One on Sat and one on Sunday. Also Thursday night and Friday are
going to also have some big things going on put on by the club members. This is our 20th
Anniversary so it is going to be one you will not want to miss.
I would say, you really need to get there early. The Lion's club will be charging for parking in the
lot and once that lot is full there is no getting in. They are looking at it being full by 5 PM
You may want to check with the Tourism Bureau
in regards to parking. There is going to be alot of changes this year.
In regards to all of you seating in the same spot..I say get there really early and stake your claim.
Hope your group enjoys the event. This is going to be one for the History Books.
Mike

So apparently the seating is free, we might need some "volunteers" to go in real early and "stake our claim" ... Last I saw it done, this involved laying out blankets or whatever on the bleachers, but usually need to leave a person or two there to eyeball it.

We might need volunteers for that.

His estimate of parking full at five is very conservative. We should all be there by three at the latest, and I have asked him what time is the earliest the grounds are open to "stake claims".

I guess is worse comes to worse, if you are within half a mile, its still going to be a great show!

*****NOTE, we are planning on going Sunday night********

dalej
01-28-2009, 05:48 PM
We are heading out now! :) :)

See everyone in Lake Havasu.

Ray Davis
01-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Travel safely Dale. We'll see you out there in just over two weeks!

Ray

Sid Tuls
01-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Hey Dale, Have a safe trip & look forward to meeting the both of you as well as all the others.

Ray Davis
01-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Hey Sid,

I'm looking forward to meeting you. We've spoken on the phone, and I've met your bus in person. But we've never met!! :D

Ray

Sid Tuls
01-28-2009, 09:15 PM
I received email confirmation from Beverly yesterday for a Friday 2/13 arrival and Monday 2/16 departure; so we will see everyone on the 13th.

Brent,did they get the part in?? You did tell them you have an appointment with your client in two weeks that you can't get out of. Were still up in Amarillo the weather turn real nice it got up to 58 today yesterday the high was 18 go figure. (like the pun?)

Brent
01-29-2009, 02:43 AM
Hey Sid:
The coach should be finished by Friday and Steve will show me how to start the coach on Saturday.:) We will spend the next week at East Shore just learning everything. We will be see you in Havasu so bring lots of pictures of your new grandson!!!
Brent

dalej
01-31-2009, 05:39 AM
We made it to Val Vista Village RV park yesterday, It is located in Mesa AZ. We will be here until the morning of the 14th and then drive over to Lake Havasu.

Looking forward to the get together with you all.

Sid Tuls
01-31-2009, 08:26 AM
Dale, did your body tempature from -degrees to the + degrees yet? It has to feel great to feel the warm sunshine!! See ya on the 14th.

jello_jeep
01-31-2009, 08:43 AM
Be careful around the Phx area, they have a bunch of photo radar machines that automatically write speeding tickets :(

See u in LHC!

We made it to Val Vista Village RV park yesterday, It is located in Mesa AZ. We will be here until the morning of the 14th and then drive over to Lake Havasu.

Looking forward to the get together with you all.

dalej
01-31-2009, 10:01 AM
I did run a couple of stop lights, they turned yellow about the time you commit to the light. You know how it is in a bus when your up to speed and you see the yellow and you think I would have the coffee pot in my back if I stop now. :)

Sid Tuls
01-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Hey Sid:
The coach should be finished by Friday and Steve will show me how to start the coach on Saturday.:) We will spend the next week at East Shore just learning everything. We will be see you in Havasu so bring lots of pictures of your new grandson!!!
Brent

Hey Brent how did the final inspection go today? Are you in the bus tonite? We will be heading back home in the morning it should be peaceful on the roads being Super Bowl give me a call tomorrow 559-901-6426 thanks

jello_jeep
02-04-2009, 07:46 AM
New list.

Welcome Bill & Kathy Meierhoefer!

Holm
Esler
Casson
Zittrer
Beer
Erion
Davis
Deinhard
Hoffman
Queen
Hoppe
Bennett
Juranek
Tuls
Hicks
Clark
Williams
van Schoonhoven
John (fly u)
Becker
Hoyum
Mullis (Desert West Coach)
Meierhoefer

jello_jeep
02-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Our charity for this trip will be The Lake Havasu Senior Center, Meals On Wheels!

Anyone that has anything they would like to donate to the auction, tools, rare cigars, booze, small foreign servants, POG memorabilia, black-mailable items relating to other members, gag gifts, RV accessories... Anything...

Please PM me.

Dig deep folks... Its for charity for cryin out loud! :D

Sid Tuls
02-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Warren since this our first rally can you list some of the things that have been auction off in the past? Thanks

jello_jeep
02-04-2009, 09:32 PM
A very expensive bottle of wine, to which I understand the buyer uncorked and poured into plastic cups for everyone..

I paid a pretty high price for a squawking rubber chicken (he may re-appear)

Some gracious soul paid Prevost for level 3 engine service and donated it.

Tee shirts from various businesses, hats same thing.

POG memorabilia

Signed albums/posters from various stars

A one year POG membership

Anything RV related (x-12 wrench would be great:) )

Some books

I think there may have been a large glossy photo or two or three of embarrassing POG moments or other such momentos

I didn't put names to donations or buyers as I am sure I am forgetting things and don't want to piss anyone off LOL.

I think the point is giving to the charity and having a good time doing so as opposed to the street value of the things being auctioned if that makes any sense..

I have one mystery donation that will be a great value to someone, but no official rumor leakage yet...

Ray Davis
02-04-2009, 11:45 PM
If I remember correctly (wasn't at that rally) there was a fairly sizable sum paid for the joy of shaving of Mango Mike's mustache?

Ray

BrianE
02-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Ray, Sometimes it's best to let sleeping DUBs lie............:eek:

jello_jeep
02-08-2009, 06:24 PM
To jog your memories, here is the suggested potluck assignments.

Drinks: Bring your own if its something special!

Extra / Guest drinks. Paper plates & plastic sliver ware, napkins: Meierhoefer

Crudites, appetizers, chips, dips: Zittrer, Beer, Erion, Davis

Salad & dressing, rolls & butter: Hoffman, Queen, Hoppe

Vegetables: Bennett, Juranek, Tuls

Starchy stuff (taters, rice, beans): Hicks, Clark, Williams

Desert: VanSchoonhoven, John(flyU), Becker, Hoyum

Beef/chicken, BBQ sauce: Holm/Esler

Ribs: Deinhard

Entertainment: Casson

If you have some specialty and want to bring it too, by all means do so.. Too much chow is always better than not enough, although I have never witnessed a shortage of chow on one of these missions!

We are estimating 55 people for dinner, so judge accordingly. You may wish to contact other people in your category to coordinate efforts & prevent duplications.

We have outgrown the phase one clubhouse, so we will be in the phase three clubhouse closest to Prevost Row :) You will be able to tell if you are in the wrong one, as you will be alone.

This is going to be a blast, looking forward to it all!

Ray Davis
02-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Warren,

Just checking. I assume the pot-luck is Saturday evening? I went back through the whole thread, and if the day was mentioned, I missed it.

www.weather.com is now saying 30% change of rain Saturday - Monday. Jeesh, I checked it last Thursday, and it was calling for sunny!

Ray

dalej
02-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Ray,

Is the map all the states you have been in your bus's? If so you should of had Nebraska colored in! :)

Ray Davis
02-08-2009, 07:19 PM
It is indeed Dale. There's a website that generates these maps, you just click on the states visited. This one contains any state I've driven through in my three buses.

Unfortunately, although planning on going through Nebraska on that last trip, due to the window leakage (which got fixed), and bad weather approaching, I took a more southerly route home, so I didn't make it to Nebraska or Colorado, which I had hoped to do.

I've still got a lot of "white" in the northern states, as you can tell.

Ray

jello_jeep
02-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Here are the list of events the best I know.

Friday @ cocktail hour, by special request, Kenny Z and Margarita Boy with the all pneumatic blend-O-rama will be blending up his specialty. This will likely take place on somebody's pad, but iffn it gets cold, windy, or rainy,,, I happen to know somebody with a key to the facilities! :)

Saturday Breakfast @ 0900, Golden Corral, 1550 S PALO VERDE BLVD. From the resort go South on 95, turn Rt on S. Palo Verde, an immediate left onto the frontage road, Rt into the first parking lot. You will see it. Call (928)680-6509 if you get lost.

Saturday 1400 (via Brian E) round table discussion on bus stuff for all. Brian E, Harry, Dale, Steve & others officiating.

Saturday 1700 BBQ potluck, phase III clubhouse, charity auction, music, rabbit roping contest & shuttle launch ;)

Sunday mid morning sometime, **Shooting** out in the desert. Bring your favorite shootin iron and lots of ammo for it. If you have targets or stuff you want to shoot at (not humans) bring them along. Don't forget ear/eye protection.

Sunday night fireworks. As already discussed we will need volunteers to stake out our territory in the stands, normally done by taping down blankets or whatever and leaving one body there to make sure they stay that way. The gates are open @ 0900. Ray Davis doesn't know it, but he just volunteered to coordinate the seat saving effort, maybe folks could volunteer for a few two hour stretches or something ?

As already mentioned we all need to be in the Park by 330 at the worst from what I hear. They will close the hwy and the road into the park as they see fit. It will be a mad house! You will prolly want to bring some vittles for dinner, or buy some from vendors on site.

Check the weather, it could get cold. Better to be WELL prepared for all in your party.

Other than that we will be hanging out and having fun.

Also keep in mind AZ is on MT. Standard time, set your watches ahead one hour.

mikedee
02-08-2009, 11:33 PM
We washed the bus today and will be heading to Havasu Tuesday night. Should be on the pad Wednesday night. Warren, I have your almond wood in the bay and look forward to seeing our friends.

I am going to turn off my cell phone Thursday morning, first time in years.

jello_jeep
02-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Dave from Desert Detail heard we were coming in, and offered a discounted rate of 80.00 for a full coach wash should you want to schedule one.

His number is 928-208-3199.

flyu2there
02-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Depending on what weather guesser you believe, looks to me like we are in for a somewhat wet weekend.......highs in the mid 60's with rain showers. The bus wash guy will probably starve...might want to check those wiper blades instead!

Anyone have a huge tent or a shelter half??

Best,

John

jello_jeep
02-10-2009, 09:00 PM
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=86403

Well I have seen more optomistic forecasts, but it aint that bad, the worst it shows is 30% chance of showers... Thats 70/30 against. Vegas would take that action.

But if it does rain, then it rains. We have a clubhouse we can retreat to when we care to.

I agree that Desert Detail probably will not make bonus on this weekend though!

Joe Cannarozzi
02-10-2009, 10:11 PM
I bet the rain won't postpone the rescheduling of the shuttle launch.

Make sure we get some good pictures.

Sid Tuls
02-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Dave from Desert Detail heard we were coming in, and offered a discounted rate of 80.00 for a full coach wash should you want to schedule one.

His number is 928-208-3199.

Warren, when do we have to let him know?

jello_jeep
02-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Sid, I think short notice is ok, he lives in the park.

Warren, when do we have to let him know?

Sid Tuls
02-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Just got the bus loaded for the rally in LHC. Brent look forward to hooking up with you and the rest on Friday morning. I'll be @ Prevost for the night.

BrianE
02-12-2009, 12:47 AM
We just arrived at Havasu. Beautiful red sky sunset this evening. We hope it bodes well for a nice weekend.

The forum on Saturday should prove to be a good one. Donovan Pelky who is a Prevost parts team leader in Mira Loma has verified he will be here. Donovan has offered to bring any parts that folks might be needing providing he can fit them in his car. Give Donovan a call at Mira Loma if you are interested. We are also hopeful that Bill Jensen will be here. Bill is the longtime Prevost Motor Home Shell Service Manager and the acknowledged expert on our MH shells. Steve Bennett of California Coach and Wayne Mullis of Desert West RV will also be here and between them have many years of experience in Prevost sales and service. Both Cal Coach and Desert West are POG sponsors.

Have your questions ready for these gentlemen. Remember one of the maxims of POG is that there are no dumb questions however you can never be sure whether you're hearing a dumb answer, unless of course there are bonafide experts in the room to keep us honest.

Another thing, gals are welcome at these discussions, some of us are very lucky to have room mates who actually dig the greasy side.

jello_jeep
02-16-2009, 12:25 AM
Well, sorry we have not posted up pics yet, just been too busy!

Will take a moment to thank all those who donated to our charity auction to benefit the Lake Havasu Senior Center, Meals on Wheels. The list is long and distinguished, I won't name a bunch of names as I am sure I will forget someone and that is no bueno!

Talk to someone who was there. The generosity displayed by POG folks and friends was hard to believe.

There we many surprising donations, as well as bids. Once again thanks to all.
By the way,, we did raise........

FOUR THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED & CHANGE!!!

The lady from the senior center didn't quite know what to say! I think we exceeded her wildest expectations!

Many thanks to all involved, we had a hoot... More pics and stories to follow in a day or three.

Joe Cannarozzi
02-16-2009, 01:09 AM
Warren looks like all those misfits out there this weekend has convinced at least one more to join the ranks.

Welcome Joel what took you so long:rolleyes: Look at all the fun you have been missing!

BrianE
02-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Joe, Misfits? Well okay, then I'm proud to be one. What started out to be a low key gathering turned into one of the best rally's we've had yet.

From the terrific kick-off brought to us by the generosity and innovation of the Zitterers margarita party to the blazing finale of the spectacular fireworks display last night, we all enjoyed a fun filled weekend. None of the weekends success would have been possible without the hard work and organizational skills of Warren and Kelly Jo who were the true wagonmasters of the affair.

Thanks to our leader Jim Skiff, Saturday started with the best buffet breakfast we've ever enjoyed. Breakfast was followed by an informal tech gathering in which Steve Bennett (Calif. Coach Sales) gave us a good rundown on the current Prevost market (or lack thereof). Scott Parks, an experienced Prevost Chassis Tech was also in attendance as a new Prevost owner. Scott answered a number of thorny questions relating to chassis issues. Hopefully we will be able to welcome Scott and his wife as new members soon. The Saturday night dinner and auction was attended by all and aside from having a terrific feed, Warren proved himself to be an auctioneer to be reckoned with (look out Jim and Roger). Thanks to the Casson's we were entertained with some terrific Sinatra tunes sung by Mr. Randy Harris, a very talented guy.

Sunday started with a hunting expedition for the elusive Red Breasted Golf Ball led by Warren. Those who participated all shot their legal limit. The finale was the Western Pyrotechnics Assn. annual fireworks extravaganza, WOW. Pics will soon be posted by Dale and others we're sure. We'd all like to add our special thanks to Michelle Dawson, Sales Manager at Havasu RV Resort for making our visit a truly unique experience, that of staying at a first class campground for practically nothing. Thanks to all, especially our new members who will easily help us westies overcome the plague of the east. Everyone contributed to the fun and insanity.

Dee Clark
02-16-2009, 06:15 PM
The Clarks would like to send a special THANK YOU to Kelley Jo and Warren for planning and executing a fabulous ralley in LHC. Is this going to be an annual PARTAH? I can't wait to do it all again.

Mike & Dee

dalej
02-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks so much Kelly and Warren for setting up the gathering in Lake Havasu! It was nice to see everyone and some new members.

We went and saw some really neat fireworks and here is one of my favorites...it's a fire bomb. They shoot these up in the air and KABOOM!!!

JIM KELLER
02-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Nice picture Dale. Thanks. Now where are the rest of the pictures from the West Coast Group. Although I'm computer challenged some of the other East Coasters posted pictures of our Mini Rally.

Show us those smiley faces !

flyu2there
02-17-2009, 05:40 PM
I too would like to add my Kudo's for Warren and Kelly although Warren better keep his day job cause he ain't gonna make the team as an auctioneer!:D

I would also like to add a thank you to Brian and Beverly for all of their assistance, also an honorble mention to Harry (Pallidin) Hoppe. The Rub Rail protection kit I am certain will make an appearance at another get together! Trust you are enjoying those bright red skivs...................

We should do someting like this every few months!

Petervs
02-17-2009, 05:57 PM
It was a great rally. Brian and Beverly instigated and promoted, and Warren and Kelly Jo really put it together. Thanks to all, we had a great time!

dalej
02-17-2009, 06:01 PM
You must of really hated to leave Peter! I could hear you blowing your air horns saying good bye all the way to Lowes. :) :) :)

dalej
02-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Here is a shot of the biggest kid at the fireworks....

jello_jeep
02-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the kind words, we had a blast.

Jim K, will have pictures when we get home to more bandwith!

We have some great shots.

Ray Davis
02-18-2009, 12:21 AM
Time to add my thanks too! It was an outstanding weekend, and I had a great time. Thanks to everyone involved, especially Warren and Kelly-Jo.

I had the pleasure of meeting several new members, and I think a great time was had by all.

Ray

Brent
02-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Marilyn and I want to say as "First Timers" we had a great time. Everyone was just great and Kelly and Warren you are over the top. This was just the first of many POG events we plan attending. Thanks again to all the great people for making us feel part of the group and now where do I go to order a lamppost?:)

Joe Cannarozzi
02-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Great picture Dale it looks like something Norman Rockwell would paint.

Steve Bennett
02-19-2009, 11:01 AM
We had a great time at Havasu. We particularly want to thank Warren & Kelley, for all the work they put in. We would also like to thank Brian & Beverly for their help organizing things, and their bid for Joe's help on the suspension upgrades. We would also like to thank our latest customer's Brent & Marilyn Hicks for coming out to Havasu, I am sure everyone enjoyed their company. It was a great time, and we look forward to many more.

LarryB
02-19-2009, 11:42 AM
As 'First-Timers' We both had a great time. It was nice to put a face to the names and found everyone welcoming and eager to help in anyway they could.

Warren & Kelly, Brian & Beverly did a fantastic job with organizing the event. Thanks again!

hhoppe
02-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Were finally in S. AZ catching our breath after the big bash. Shirley and I want to send a very big thanks to Warren and Kelly Jo for their excellent planning, hard work and bar b que. The picture at the fireworks explains my enjoyment.

Kevin Erion
02-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Warren, Kelly, Brian and Beverly, You guys outdid yourselves with the preparation for our weekend in Havasu. Amy and the girls had a GREAT time and the company was outstanding!
THANKS

Sid Tuls
02-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Warren & Brain, just want to say thanks for a great weekend. Gary the ribs were awesome!! The fireworks were the best that anyone could ever see. With that being said I hope to make it to the next one in Oklahoma. Hope that enough notice Harry H.

lloyd&pamela
02-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Beverly, Brian, Kelly, and Warren thank you for making this happen. We had a great time seeing old friends and making new. Hope to see everyone in OK.

Jim Skiff
03-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Here is a photo album of pictures from Havasu compliments of Jello.

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com//photoalbums/index.cfm?fuseaction=slideshow.photoalbum&photoalbumid=1594

rickdesilva
03-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Great Pictures, Where do I get a Chairman Obama t-shirt and bumpersticker?

lewpopp
03-02-2009, 01:53 PM
A great bunch of old guys with all of that "Arm Candy".. How wonderful.

parksincpp
03-02-2009, 05:26 PM
There was a nice thank you letter published in the local LHC newspaper to you on Sunday 3/1

bluevost
03-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Scott, Cyndie, and JJ,

Thanks for posting that newpaper article. Americans are the givingist people on earth, and POGgers do it every time we get together!!! And we don't need no help from Washington.

KZ

bluevost
03-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Lake Havasu Pix,

I have been checking every couple of days and haven't see any pix from our West Coast rally. Janet and I did not take too many 'cuz we had a designated photog and a professional photog in camp. Maybe if I post a couple more will follow, I hope!! Margaria Man, Lloyd and Pamela checking out the food table -- check out Pamela's eyes "Not too much vegetarian stuff here honey, we may have to go back to the rig and eat" -- POG turtle on the dinner table, could be a new mascot.

bluevost
03-02-2009, 11:44 PM
My bad, I just saw Skiffers post. Disregard previous.

bluevost
03-02-2009, 11:57 PM
The new Rat Pack,

Danss
03-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Come on folks come on down where living is easy. So far this is a list of possible attendees:

DAN & JO SMITH
TED & JAN DELORME
JIM ELMORE & LINDA FRENCH
ANDRE & ANN DUCOTE
JAMIE & DEBBIE BRADFORD
ROGER & MICKI FOSTER
TUGA & KAREN GAIDRY
TOM & NANCY CHILCOTE
LEW & KATHY ?

Let me know asap so we can block some spaces at RV park.

This is my original post

I tried to get free overnights but no go. The rate is $28 or $25 if Good Sam.

I will provide a deep sea fishing trip at NO charge on my son's 48' sports fisherman if there is sufficient interest. Can take about 6 people so could make two trips if any interest.

We have a number of things to see and do on the Coast including but not limited to: Touring the Space facility, many excellent Seafood eating places,
Outlet mall, 11 Casinos, 26 miles of Beach plus an easy drive to New Orleans.

Please email me at dans7798@aol.com you thoughts, desires etc.

Casino will block places if you can decide promply! Dan & Jo---- you'all come you hear!

jello_jeep
03-08-2009, 01:48 PM
For some of you that were treated in a less than courteous manner by "Carol" at the front desk, you may find it interesting that management agreed with some of the comments made and chose to find someone a bit more "customer oriented" person for that position!

Karma rides once again.

They even fixed the light pole that Brent Hicks ran over! .. OOPS, that is a secret!

garyde
03-08-2009, 09:47 PM
That's too bad. I felt like Carol simply diid not have a clue what was going on. Maybe POG was just too much.

jello_jeep
03-10-2009, 07:30 AM
Well it wasn't just us, it was a lot of things.. I guess when you are the manager, you should know what is going on!

Oh well,

and I was back in LHC last weekend, and more than one person told me how much they enjoyed watching us all drive in, and looking at our rigs.

One guy also commented on how much fun it looked like we were having at the Margarita party, and wished they could have joined us.

I told him they were all more than welcome!

They also asked if we would be back next year... :)

BrianE
03-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Count us in. That is if Mr O doesn't have other ideas.

Sid Tuls
03-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Count me in I had a great time!! Brent will also come with the replacement light. It really wasn't his fault there was a POG member helping him (huh Warren)

hhoppe
03-11-2009, 01:24 AM
Warren: Count us in we enjoyed the event and especially watching you run your a-- off. Were planing on stopping there on our way home this next Sunday night.

garyde
03-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Hey Jello. Count me in any time.

jello_jeep
03-12-2009, 07:44 AM
Sid Tuls PM'd me and said he would be happy to be the organizer for next year!

And yes I was present at the scene of the Hicks disaster, but not the P.I.C. I was busy looking for those steaks you said you brought me! :D

The Sirloins were great I have to admit!

Count me in I had a great time!! Brent will also come with the replacement light. It really wasn't his fault there was a POG member helping him (huh Warren)