PDA

View Full Version : Entry light replacement?

sawdust_128
12-07-2008, 12:34 PM
I think I am going to need a replacement entry light fixture. What I have is a surface mounted dome light with a chromed sheild on the top half. It is round. The festoon bulb holder inside is deteriorated and cracked. I do not believe it can be repaired. It looks like a marine step well light fixture. I found lot's of things that would work except that they are not surface mounted. This does not appear to be a Prevost part, but maybe I missed something.

Any ideas, suggestion, recommended sources?

Featherlite Vantare' 1998 H3-45

BrianE
12-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Ed,

In order to protect you from the wrath of the Testy Trukster, request you add your conversion and year to your signature. It makes it much easier for folks to help you sort out your questions. We know, conformity ain't your gig. :D

Many thanks, the Moleman

sawdust_128
12-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Moleman:(?)

Info updated.

As to conformity:

"If a man is not faithful to his own individuality, he cannot be loyal to anything." –Claude McKay, A Long Way from Home

sawdust_128
12-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Found it. It is a Perko Inc. Masthead Lamp. However, I am reluctant to just replace it as the specifications state it is for horizontal mount.

truk4u
12-07-2008, 08:13 PM
And the signature you promised with the bus info for the Moleman is where?:p

lewpopp
12-07-2008, 09:08 PM
You and your friggin battle cries. Put your bus info in your signature with the rest of your rattling or we will make sawdust out of you. Thanks

JIM KELLER
12-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Hey Mr. Sawdust. I suspect you don't know how to do what they are asking you to do. Is that correct ? If so, just ask.

Darrell McCarley
12-08-2008, 04:24 PM
JIM.......I would like to know. Darrell

sawdust_128
12-08-2008, 04:40 PM
There. I hope you will all stop being silly now!

Lew: meds and a nap for you.

Truk4u: Refresh your eyeglass prescription and a nap for you too.

Jim: Thanks for the offer.

Moleman?:confused:

JIM KELLER
12-08-2008, 05:01 PM
JIM.......I would like to know. Darrell

Darrell, I am computer challenged and was hoping someone else would step in and advise. I actually still can't download a picture on this forum. I think there are several others that could use help and I have suggested the topic at several Rally's.

I think, you go to the top left where it say's User CP. Under that heading click on edit signature. I think what ever you put in that screen shows up on every post you post. If this is not correct would someone else step in and help ?

Will Garner
12-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Hey Skiffer,

Sounds like a course in use of the POG Forum features should be on the agenda for OKC. OK, maybe a short course then.

sawdust_128
12-08-2008, 08:23 PM
I think, you go to the top left where it say's User CP. Under that heading click on edit signature. I think what ever you put in that screen shows up on every post you post. If this is not correct would someone else step in and help ?

That is correct. "User CP" is User Control Panel. Your signature file contents are then automatically added to each post.

The biggest problem with pictures is that they need to be sized down to fit within the limits used by the forum. Those limits are shown when you click on the paperclip symbol, in the tool bar, for attaching things to posts and emails. What I do is find the file of the picture that I want to upload and "right-click" on it and find the "properties" of the file. This will tell me the size of the file before I try to upload it. If the image is too large. I use photo editing software to "resize" the photo to be less than or equal to the stated limits.

My opinion is that these limits are small. Most single page pdf files are larger than the forum's pdf size limits. So sharing a page of say a parts catalogue in a post is something I have not found possible. However, I am sure that there were many valid reasons as to why these limits were set where they are.

BrianE
12-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Thanks Ed.

sawdust_128
12-09-2008, 01:49 AM
Thanks Ed.

'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.''''.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.' ..'..'.'.'.''.''...'.''.'.'.'.You are welcome!