PDA

View Full Version : SeeSnake

Yankee802
12-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Anyone have or used one of these?

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=100608589&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=100608589&cm_mmc=1hd.com2froogle-_-product_feed-_-D25X-_-100608589

Seems like a perfect way to inspect the tires and underbelly of the coach without having to get under it. Of course I can think of many other uses, like looking for rodents, checking tanks, etc...

You can even get 3' or 6' extensions for up to 30'. I'm thinking of getting one primarily to keep on eye on the tires for cracks.

Geoff

sawdust_128
12-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Take a look at the Milawaukee Tools site. They have this unit (Milwaukee 2300-20 M-Spector Digital Inspection Camera, AA Battery Powered).

In the last couple of weeks, I received a notice from them about specials they were running. It got real appealing when I could get the inspection camera as a freebie if I bought one of their listed two-item cordless tools packages. Other tools included their cordless impact wrench and I believe their cordless hackzall, a tubing cutter. Not sure on the details, but I was/am still thinking about it.

I'll see if I saved that email flyer, but I recommend that you go to their site and sign up for their flyers and newsletters. I think it is called their "Heavy Duty Club"

MangoMike
12-03-2008, 07:45 PM
I believe the Milwaukee unit also has a USB port to download pixs for future viewings. Sort of like a show and tell at POGxx.

MIke

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-03-2008, 10:47 PM
You better try one to see exactly what you will see through it. You might/probably won't have a very large field of view.

JIM

Jon Wehrenberg
12-04-2008, 07:24 AM
No need to worry about cracks on the inside sidewalls of the tires.

If you have them they will be visible on the exposed side.

flyu2there
12-04-2008, 07:59 AM
That looks to me like it is an inexpensive variant of the flexible boroscope. We use them (boroscopes or endoscopes, if you a medically inclined) to inspect the inside of cylinder walls in an engine, or valve faces and seats, or to have a peek at a turbine wheel. The good ones are very spendy, what makes the difference is the amount of light they throw on the subject and the resolution. I doubt that any unit would be very useful looking under a bus unless you wanted to do something real cunning like go inside of a Norgen Valve, or after removing the schrader valve, go inside of a tire.

Should you really want to see under a bus, sans crawling, grab one of those huge inspection mirrors on a broom handle like Customs is now using at the borders. :D

wrongagain
12-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Yes,
See snake, you have got to love that tool.
I have one in the truck as we speak.
Exactly what do you want to know.

lewpopp
12-04-2008, 09:26 PM
A lot of you guys claim acquaintances with some of the leaders in the community that your reside. Go see your proctologist and see if he has any snakes left after several video trips up the back side. I doubt you'll even have to clen it up before using. Colostomy anyone?

I expect good resolution if you stick it down a tube. You know what I mean.