PDA

View Full Version : Keep Roamin

ken&ellen
01-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Ellen & I have decided to call our Liberty, Keep Roamin, since we travel most weekends and all vacations. Ellen is still gainfully employed with that non-French owned bullseye group....sooooo we can not settle down to " SUNCITY" for many years to come.:D

Jon Wehrenberg
01-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Great name.

We have seen a lot over the years and you may run into one called "Roamin Holiday". Our old one was "Classy Chassis" and we haven't got one for the newest one.

lewpopp
01-17-2006, 09:19 PM
I won't go into too much detail, but I named ours "JF" LOVELY.:D

ken&ellen
02-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Jon, I saw your old coach on Phil Cooper's site. Ellen wishes to know if the pinstriping along side of the name was there or did you design it to compliment the name? Ken

Jon Wehrenberg
02-22-2006, 08:50 PM
The name and striping were on it when we bought it in 1990. The pictures were taken after the repairs of the fire damage in 2005, and what you see was all original except for the rear cap.

The broad side stripes were actually vinyl and were added to the original Prevost factory paint.

We are now without a name on our coach or personalized plates, both of which made for interesting comments from time ot time.

Jerry Winchester
02-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Maybe we need a "Name Jon's Coach" contest. Let's try a few vanity plates for him;

YSIFLY
ANAL II
GRSMKY
MMISMB
STAFF - Since you already have the shirt
CME2P
WSAENG
WWJWD
1ANALGUY

ken&ellen
02-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Is it to old fashion to have the name on the coach? Maybe just the pinstripes? Our Beaver was Rollin Home and we got a lot of positive comments over the years.

Jerry Winchester
02-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Ken,

I think you are right. I would just hate to be going down the road with the CB on and have some guy who doesn't have all his teeth come on and say, "Look at that moron in the JF Lovely POS bus blocking the #*&@^)_ road".

Maybe semi anonymity is best. I never named a plane, boat or car, although I do call the H3 the Snapperhead Car when my wife and daughter are cruising around in it.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-22-2006, 09:54 PM
OK, JW. Translate.

My bus plates used to be: NAWAWEGO

Think Jackie Gleason. Few got it until they say the Jeep

My Jeep plates used to be : AWAYIGO2

NY used to allow 8 letters or digits. TN only 7

We should all have plates that say NO1UNO

lewpopp
02-22-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm stumped! But that's easy to do

What is "NO1UNO"?

LEW

lewpopp
02-22-2006, 10:09 PM
Bang! It just hit me " no one you know" NUTS

Jerry Winchester
02-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Lew,

We're going to get you a bumper sticker for JF Lovely. "He's old but he's slow".

Jon Wehrenberg
02-23-2006, 08:11 AM
The question (one of four we always get):

Hey who is on board that fancy stage coach?

The answer:

No one you know (NO1UNO).

The other three:

Did you win the lottery? (No I earned it.)
How much did that cost? ($2,000,000. That always gets them.)
How many does it sleep? (Two.)

ken&ellen
02-23-2006, 08:17 AM
;) Jerry, Up to our Beaver our campers were SUTZ US. That was a name our cousins had on their boat and camper back in the 50's. Since we were the only relatives that were still camping they gave us the sign at their 50th wedding anniversary. Never believed in vanity plates...when I run some one down I do not want them to idenify me by a cute name on a tag. Make them work for that information!;)
Ken

lewpopp
02-23-2006, 09:15 PM
I guess I'm in deep DO-DO when it comes to vanity plates.

Sorry Ken

mike kerley
02-24-2006, 09:01 AM
K & E, Our Beaver was "BVRHOME" which worked great, but the tow car plate with "LTLBVR" caused my wife some grief. Good for a laugh though.

Our Prevost was named by original owner "Attitude adjustment", but its in small script by the entry door, which suits me fine.

ken&ellen
02-24-2006, 09:53 AM
When we had our Beaver I ordered an nice Hunter Green apron which was embroidered with the word BEAVER. Ellen would not wear it? Go figure. Ken

MangoMike
02-24-2006, 10:47 AM
What else... Mango Mothership