PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Millennium owner?

tomklau
11-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Do you own a Millennium coach? Have you previously owned a Millennium coach? We are considering moving up to a Prevost conversion and would love to hear your opinion. We are interested in the H3-45 conversion.

What do/did you like most about your Millennium? What do/did you like least? What was the buying experience like? Tell us about service after the sale. What would you do/order differently next time? Please include the year/style (XL or H3)/number slides, etc. of your coach.

Tom & Karin Klause
St. Lucie West, FL & Weaverville, NC

rmboies
11-23-2008, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=tomklau;38356]Do you own a Millennium coach? Have you previously owned a Millennium coach? We are considering moving up to a Prevost conversion and would love to hear your opinion. We are interested in the H3-45 conversion.

Hi Tom and Karin, welcome to POG!!

Bob and I have owned two Millenniums--a 2003 single slide and we now own a 2005 double slide. Both coaches were/are XL II's.

We have previously owned other very nice conversions, two Vantares and a Liberty, so we do have a reference for comparison.

For our particular preference, the Millennium has the most appealing interiors and excellent workmanship. Their ideas are innovative and their designs are practical yet stylish. Both our single slide and our double slide have been coaches that not only performed well, but had a distinctive understated elegance about them.

We like the fact that the generator and the Aqua-hot exhaust off the roof. They also have an auxilliary alternator which is a plus because you can run all four roof airs while traveling down the road. They utilize weight saving materials in their conversion process which keeps the coach lighter.

Regarding service, any time we have had a question we simply call Brian the service manager. He answers promptly and solves any issues we may have had which to this point in time have been minor.

If you have the opportunity, go to the factory and observe the coach from the very beginning, starting with the roof supports. It is a unique design and adds strength. They produce a quality product and it shows with the end result.

There are many nice coaches out there and excellent conversions. It bascially comes down to personal choice and what appeals to you. We don't live that far from you-- you are just above Asheville and we live in Landrum, SC. If you would like to take a short drive down I-26 and visit with us and view our Millennium just let us know.

Debi and Bob-05

Sid Tuls
11-23-2008, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE=tomklau;38356]Do you own a Millennium coach? Have you previously owned a Millennium coach? We are considering moving up to a Prevost conversion and would love to hear your opinion. We are interested in the H3-45 conversion.

Hi Tom and Karin, welcome to POG!!

Bob and I have owned two Millenniums--a 2003 single slide and we now own a 2005 double slide. Both coaches were/are XL II's.

We have previously owned other very nice conversions, two Vantares and a Liberty, so we do have a reference for comparison.

For our particular preference, the Millennium has the most appealing interiors and excellent workmanship. Their ideas are innovative and their designs are practical yet stylish. Both our single slide and our double slide have been coaches that not only performed well, but had a distinctive understated elegance about them.

We like the fact that the generator and the Aqua-hot exhaust off the roof. They also have an auxilliary alternator which is a plus because you can run all four roof airs while traveling down the road. They utilize weight saving materials in their conversion process which keeps the coach lighter.

Regarding service, any time we have had a question we simply call Brian the service manager. He answers promptly and solves any issues we may have had which to this point in time have been minor.

If you have the opportunity, go to the factory and observe the coach from the very beginning, starting with the roof supports. It is a unique design and adds strength. They produce a quality product and it shows with the end result.

There are many nice coaches out there and excellent conversions. It bascially comes down to personal choice and what appeals to you. We don't live that far from you-- you are just above Asheville and we live in Landrum, SC. If you would like to take a short drive down I-26 and visit with us and view our Millennium just let us know.

Debi and Bob-05
Bob do you have coach weights for your bus? I've been to their factory and yes it was very nice. They did tell me about their light weight materials. Thanks

Jon Wehrenberg
11-24-2008, 07:23 AM
Several converters over the years have bragged about using light weight, space age, aircraft quality, etc. materials. But when the bus has been put on the scales it is right within the range of all other buses.

I'll bet every converter is trying to put their conversion on a diet to give owners who want more and more goodies a bus that is within the Prevost axle weight limits.

Loc
11-24-2008, 08:01 AM
Tom,

We have an 02 Millennium XLII with slides. It is our second Prevost, the first being a 1992 XL Angola conversion. We really like the Millennium especially its interior layout (we have a 2 bunk coach with a separate water closet and separate shower), the understated elegance of the interior (a low score on the bordello factor) and the exterior paint job. I agree with Bob and Debi about the pluses of having the generator and Aquahot exhaust through the roof. I also like the stateroom TV and how it stores in the wall below the window. One other nice touch is the built in pressure washer which makes washing the bus much less of a chore. The negatives: 1) we were a little disappointed on our only visit to the factory for service; 2) the Fisher Panda generator (no longer used by Millennium) had some issues which took a while to resolve. I think that Nelson does a very nice conversion and would not hesitate to look at another Millennium. On the weight front, our double slide weighs in at 49,000. If I remember correctly this is about (maybe slightly under) what Taco Boy's non-slide Marathon XLII weighs.

Good Luck,

Loc

merle&louise
11-24-2008, 08:20 AM
Tom,

Don't know if you tailgate (football games) a lot, but the fact that the Millenium gen & Aqua Hot exhaust through the roof is a big plus. Many colleges require a generator exhaust extensions (plastic tube) to be installed when coaches are parked close together. This is to prevent exhaust fumes from collecting in the immediate area while the generators are running.

Loc's coach is really nice inside and out (although the leg room in the driver's seat is a little cramped). If you buy a new Millenium they will throw in a fat Beagle free! :eek:

I think you would be happy with a Millenium:D

jasperjr
11-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Our first, and so far only, venture into Prevost is through a Millennium conversion and we couldn't be happier. Although, we don't have any basis for comparison, Nelson and his team certainly made us feel welcome. Needless to say, as new owners we had more than a few questions and Jonathon and Brian we always there to answer them.(at all hours-I kid you not.)

As for the bus, the layout, interior and technology were far more than we ever anticpitaed. We pull a trailer and a lot of gear and have had no problems.

I wouldn't have any reservations about moving into a Millennium.

tomklau
11-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Tom,

We have an 02 Millennium XLII with slides. It is our second Prevost, the first being a 1992 XL Angola conversion. We really like the Millennium especially its interior layout (we have a 2 bunk coach with a separate water closet and separate shower), the understated elegance of the interior (a low score on the bordello factor) and the exterior paint job. I agree with Bob and Debi about the pluses of having the generator and Aquahot exhaust through the roof. I also like the stateroom TV and how it stores in the wall below the window. One other nice touch is the built in pressure washer which makes washing the bus much less of a chore. The negatives: 1) we were a little disappointed on our only visit to the factory for service; 2) the Fisher Panda generator (no longer used by Millennium) had some issues which took a while to resolve. I think that Nelson does a very nice conversion and would not hesitate to look at another Millennium. On the weight front, our double slide weighs in at 49,000. If I remember correctly this is about (maybe slightly under) what Taco Boy's non-slide Marathon XLII weighs.

Good Luck,

Loc

Loc,

What didn't you like about your visit to service?

Karin