PDA

View Full Version : Hello POG!

tomklau
11-23-2008, 02:59 PM
My wife and I are considering trading our Motorcoach for a Prevost conversion and going full-time. We had the opportunity to "test drive" an H3-45 and we are hooked!!! My wife said the experience was "just like driving a sports car" as she took the wheel and was going almost 70 mph coming out of the rest area onto the interstate! She had never driven our motorcoach more than 10 miles before and had we let her she would've driven that H3-45 across the country.

Our neighbor, who owns a Liberty XL, told us about POG and we're glad we joined. There is so much information posted and as "newbies" we are thrilled to have a place to go to ask questions, etc.

Looking forward to seeing you down the road!

Tom & Karin Klause

phorner
11-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Welcome to POG!!

If we can't answer your questions, we'll be happy to make something up...

Happy shopping for that "perfect" bus. :D

Alek&Lucia
11-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Hi Tom, Hi Karin,

Welcome to POG !
You will be happy with H3-45 model. We have one and we like it very much.
What is your location ?

Alek

Jon Wehrenberg
11-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Welcome to the asylum. Lots to learn, and lots of ways to spend your money. There is some good information on the forum and the POG home page for buyers. And there are going to be some good buys out there because of the economy.

tomklau
11-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Alek,

We are in Port St. Lucie, Florida! A bit chilly here for Florida.

Karin

bonhall41
11-23-2008, 06:36 PM
We're in the Panhandle and it's even colder here. Good luck on the H3-45. We bought one earlier this year converted by Featherlite. No buyer's remorse. We've been to one POG event and had a great time. Hope to see you around.

Bonnie

Will Garner
11-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Tom & Karin,

Welcome to POG. Its good to have another, at least part time, Tarhell member of POG. Check out Dale's member map and send him your information in case anyone needs your help or vice versa.

lewpopp
11-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Will,

What's a Tarhell?

garyde
11-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Welcome Tom and Karen. There are a few POG wives who love to drive. I'm sure the membership can put Karen in touch with some of them. This is a one of a kind site, consider this the beginning of your Prevost Journey and hold on.

truk4u
11-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Welcome aboard Tom & Karin...

If your in Port St. Lucie, lookup Lew and Paul at Outdoor Resorts, they will give you the POG welcome.;)

rfoster
11-24-2008, 10:02 AM
Welcome Tom and Karen: This is the best value under the sun and moon for 100 lew bucks. Guaranteed to save you more money than you can shake a stick at and have fun at the same time.

We are just over the big hill (Sams Gap) from Weaverville -13 miles off I-26 at the Gray exit in Blountville, Tn.

Truk4u made mention of our VIP menbers Lew & Kathy Poppleton and Paul & Janice Horner at Port St Lucie, I wanted to let you know of two more very important Members & residents Ed & Donna Saylor, and Pat & Betty Peck.

There could be more -POG is everywhere- you can do that with wheels.

phorner
11-24-2008, 11:49 AM
OK, so it's time to 'fess up. Tom and Karin are our neighbors here at Outdoor Resorts.

A couple of weeks ago, Millennium Coach brought in 2 new coaches and held a small "open house BBQ" and the owners and guests here were invited to tour the busses and enjoy the lunch.

Tom and Karin took out one of the new beauties for a test drive. While we were talking about their experience, I suggested that if they were really considering a Prevost, that joining POG would be a great way to learn about them and provide them with some background info that would be good to have during the "shopping" process.

Looks like they took the bait....er advice :D

Glad to have them aboard. They're great folks. :)

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Welcome Karin and Tom.

:) JIM

tomklau
11-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Well, Kathy....I'm thinking a "Tarhell" is some sort of biker or something!

Glad to see you two are POG's! I'll be expecting my grand welcome any day now!

Karin

Will Garner
11-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Lew,

Is this a trick question or what? A Tarhell is someone that hails from North Carolina. Before you ask another question, we believe there is only one Carolina too!

The name has something to do with the Civil War. The North Carolina troops did not have adequate shoes so they coated their feet with pitch pine sap. General Robert E. Lee said it made them "stick" in battle. Or something like that.

Good to see you popping (hope I spelled that right) up on some posts. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Will Garner
11-24-2008, 07:25 PM
OK, now that I have gone back and read my earlier post I see why there is a question. I am only as good a typist as 95% of the secretary receptionists in the Clinton Administration:D. Tarhell :eek:SHOULD have been Tarheel:o. I apologize for the confusion.

Thanks for pointing that out Lew.

lewpopp
11-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Will, I forget, who won that war?

I won the spelling bee.

lewpopp
12-23-2008, 10:16 PM
One of our members just purchased a new Millenium and will return to PSL on or about Jan 7. Tom and Karen Klaus. Congratulations. All it takes to get a new coach is to belong to POG for a month or two.

Tom has a major problem already. He can't get Karen to relinquish the drivers seat.

shookie
12-23-2008, 10:51 PM
i believe the term tarhell was used to describe the soldiers from north carolina...legend has it they was such tough fighters, they would hold their ground and seldom, if ever, retreat...almost as if they has TAR on the heels of their feet to allow them to stick to the ground and never go backwards...cheers, shookie and BEST OF HOLIDAY WISHES TO MY FELLOW POGGERS....

bonhall41
12-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Glad to hear there's another POGette who likes to drive. I'm behind the wheel as much as Donald except when the coach needs to go backwards with the trailer attached.
Bonnie

Jon Wehrenberg
12-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Bonnie, stay in that seat. If you want to go backwards with the trailer attached it is easy.

Start with the bus and trailer aligned. Place your hand on the bottom of the steering wheel. If you want the trailer to go left, push the bottom of the steering wheel to the left. If you want to go right, push the steering wheel to the right.

The key is to start off real slow, and remember, whichever way you want the trailer to go, push the bottom of the steering wheel in that direction.

Don't tell Don I told you. Surprise him with you new skill.

After a while it becomes second nature and you will not even think about how to back up. If you start to feel depressed because you are having a hard time, and you want a giggle or two, go to the nearest big truck stop and watch the "professionals" try to back up for a while. You will quickly recognize the "go-forward" drivers from the guys that can eat a sandwich, drink coffee and back up all at the same time.

Also remember one thing.....the hardest possible backing is with a short trailer and a long power unit like the bus. Compared to that set up backing a 53 foot trailer is easy. If Don won't let you practice with the bus, hitch up the lawn mower to a lawn trailer and apply the same principle described above.

Merry Christmas.

tdelorme
12-24-2008, 01:00 PM
No where else on earth. I mean it, this has got to be the greatest forum anywhere. We don't have a care in the world when it comes to thread creep, and I think that's wonderful. Here we have a thread that started out with Tom & Karin introducing themselves (welcome to POG, Tom & Karin), gets sidetracked to the history of Tarheels. (Merry Christmas Shookie)
And, now we have Jon giving Bonnie a lesson in backing up their trailer with the bus. Good thing we have our own resident psychiatrist cause there ain't an elevator here that goes all the way to the top floor.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-24-2008, 01:27 PM
And in addition to the first three topics discussed, we have a forth talking about thread creep.

We all have a problem with attention deficit.

bonhall41
12-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Merry Christmas to all the inmates!

Bonnie

P.S.
Thanks for the lesson, Jon.

Joe Cannarozzi
12-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Would someone please pass the gravy.