PDA

View Full Version : CC Dash Lighting

dreamchasers
11-20-2008, 05:57 PM
CC Owners,

On my coach, the center lower dash has illumination devices that need to be replaced. The reason I call them illumination devices because they are not conventional bulbs. These are rectangular (approx. 3/8" X 3/4"), stick-on lamps that are stuck on the back side of the dash face and shine through the panel in transparent areas. The devices are soldered together using buss wire and are tied to the lighting dimmer circuitry.

I have called Country Coach parts and they are looking, but said they are obsolete parts? Does anybody have any experience with purchasing these items?

Any help is appreciated.

Hector

jimshoen
11-20-2008, 09:45 PM
See if you can find any identifying marks on the lights and search the internet. Maybe you have already done that.

flyu2there
11-21-2008, 06:51 AM
Hector,

CC used (uses) a bunch of different suppliers, including marine suppliers. Their current state of affairs (hanging on by a thread) has left their parts counterpeople...well shall I be kind and say challenged?

I know the lights that you describe and believe you may be able to find them at West Marine but.... they are not a stocked item so you will need a catalog. Failing West Marine, try Aircraft Spruce who has a free catalog that is just about the size of the Los Angeles Yellow Pages. Spruce will need some form of a part number to match so take out your magnifying glasses. Also a word of caution, for some unknown reason CC mixes and blends 14V and 28V (12 and 24 if your prefer) throughout the dash so either look up the wire number attached to the bus bar or put a meter on the thing. Most of these lights come in 12 or 24....put in a 12 where a 24 is supposed to be and is really useless until a black moonless night....put in a 24 where a 12 was and you will smell burning plastic.

Anyway, I think you will be able to find a close, if not exact replacement from either one of the two aforementioned.

John

mike kerley
11-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Allied Electronics. They will send you a large catalog or if you've the time, search on line through their PDF catalog. Just about every electronic component imaginable.

I bought some several years ago from them. I'll check and see the brand on the one's I purchased and post here.

the strange thing with these is they were held to the dash with double sided tape that the light shined through. Great engineering?

dreamchasers
11-21-2008, 01:31 PM
Info for Country Coach Owners:

I had great success getting information from Country Coach Parts, Ms. Barbara, concerning the lamps used in the Prevost Country Coach, 1995 XLV, dash. Two sizes are used from two different suppliers.

The smaller lamp in p/n 3235-3-00-17160 and are available from Westgarde, 1-800-245-7073. Ms Connie (Westgarde) was very helpful in assisting me. They have a minimum $50 order and the lamps are $2.40 each. I ordered 25 to replace all the indicator lamps in the center dash. Most of mine are burnt out.
http://solico.com/SoLiCo_Cat_Pg13.pdf

These lamps are attached to the back of the panel with double stick tape. I am still searching for the tape.

The larger lamp is p/n 47G3-2T and is available from Lighting Components, 954-425-0123. I did not order these, but I do know they are used behind the drivers dash. They are used for backlighting the alarm windows on the dash.
http://lightingcomponents.com/products_serv/product_cat/47series.pdf

A note to Country Coach owners, the Country Coach parts department has been reduced from 25 employees to 5. The new policy is for owners to go to Country Coach dealers requesting parts. Those Country Coach owners that are unhappy with this situation can voice their concerns to Country Coach. I do not know a person to contact, but I am sure a letter to the President will get the information to the right person. The other Prevost converters use individuals familiar with the specific coach to assist with these custom coaches, not the local Ford dealership. I for one am very unhappy with the recent policy change.

Thanks for the suggestions, I hope this information helps.

Hector

flyu2there
11-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Hector,

Glad someone was still there that new the ropes!!!

The contact guy at CC is Jim Cooley, as the last name implies! His job description is to keep all of us who have bought Country Coaches, at bay. ...albeit he is a very decent guy and resolves issues between the Company and the Customer with great ease. Any issues that one may have are handled by Jim and, as mentioned, he is a very decent sort!

John

dreamchasers
11-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the contact name.

I will keep close.

Hector