PDA

View Full Version : What is this???

Jamie Bradford
11-14-2008, 09:37 AM
The piece of steel hanging down..What is this ?? It is at the rear of the second bay .

Here is the issue: I had a pad poured and I scraped a little when I was first pulling up on it ( not much maybe a few inches ). I backed up & raised the bus as much as I could. Then I had no problem getting up. I just want to make sure this is the way this thing is supposed to look:(

Air system: I seem to get a 5" raise is that about right for my bus?? I assume I should let the air out when the bus is sitting??:confused:

I realize I am leaving myself wide open on this one but I want to know if all is well.

Thanks

Jamie

Jon Wehrenberg
11-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Jamie,

The picture is not clear enough for anything but a guess. Could it be a baffle for one of your air conditioners or the generator. We have baffles to direct heated air going through the radiator or the AC condensing away from the cold air intakes.

The lift seems about right. Whether you lower the bus or leave it at any other height is a choice you can make based on what you want to do. It doesn't matter if the bus is up or down.

If I am not going under to work on my bus it is down so it is easier to step up the first step. If I am going to do some work underneath I raise it and put stands under it. Then I use a small step outside the door.

Petervs
11-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Jaime,
I know exactly what this is.

Watch this for proof!
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/in_the_know_should_the_government

Clearly this is the bottom of the hole where the money you spend on the bus falls through!

truk4u
11-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Jamie,

Where is it in relation to the drain hose for the gen oil (port side)? Or is it the starboard side, I couldn't tell.

Jamie Bradford
11-15-2008, 03:11 PM
It is under the generator bay towards the rear

Petervs
11-15-2008, 08:01 PM
OK Jaime,

Seriously, it is probably a deflector to guide the generator radiator cooling air out, or possibly an air intake for the same radiator.

truk4u
11-15-2008, 08:11 PM
I don't recall any bracket or metal piece hanging down under the rear of the gen compartment and the air flow for the gen squirrel cage fan is flush with the bottom of the bus. How about a couple different angle pictures.

It look like it's right where the oil drain hose is located. The next bay to the rear is the water bay and there wasn't anything under the front of that one either.