PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco?

adamdegraff
11-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Anybody know of an RV Park in San Francisco? We have two days off and are close by. Ummm, somewhere I can fit a bus. :D

Never been to San Fran before. Any suggestions? Don't forget, we're straight and have two kids.

Thanks,

Adam

flyu2there
11-07-2008, 06:35 PM
There is but one RV Park left in San Fran...check that, I meant two. One is by Candle Stink Park, it is the pitz, the other is on the Great Highway (Highway 1) near Pacifica, full of x school busses wioth macrame curtains and strange folks....neither of these two are much.

Go to the Calistoga Fairgrounds in Napa Valley and drive...that's the only way to go.

John

merle&louise
11-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Adam,

John is right, I stayed @ Candlestick RV Resort a few years ago. The location is close to the sights, but you have to drive thru a rough neighborhood to get to it. I changed sites three times before I found a site that had a good electric connections that were 120v and that I was not afraid to touch. The sites are so close together you can stir your neighbor's soup on his stove from the comfort of your bus. That's close!

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Adam, search all the posts by Jeff Bayley. I do believe he had a good place to stay in SF. It may have been in the VIP bus parking at a hotel, but I think you too could swing that. If you don't want to enjoy his tales, contact him with a PM.

JIM

Ray Davis
11-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Another possibility would be to go about 45 min north to the KOA in Petaluma.

If I remember correctly it's a good size, and might have bus service into SF? If nothing else you can get a bus down to Marin County, near the prison, and take a ferry into SF. That's fun, and puts you in an area to get around easily.

Ray

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Adam, try this KOA.

http://www.sanfranciscokoa.com/

Maybe it's too far out of town, 37 mi. It looks nice and is big rig friendly.

JIM:)

flyu2there
11-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Sorry Jim,

You need a new crack pipe....there is not a decent place in the City...... end of story, case closed!! Old dried up Hippies, pink school busses, mary jane, hundreds of stray dogs, Grateful Dead Music pumped thru 30 year old 8 tracks, Chinese managers, Gangs, sirens all night, occasional gunfire, panhandlers beating on your door....................stay in San Fran.

That area was my old digs....been there, done that!

Petaluma is kinda, well sort of OK......best bet is Calistoga. They have a web site, believe it is Napa County Fairgrounds...Google the place. You have the Napa Valley Winery's, lotsa really good restaurants and are about 60 miles North of SFO on highway 29.

Your call, remember, you were warned!!!

John

Joe Cannarozzi
11-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Heck John and all along I thought San Fran was someplace I would never want to visit:rolleyes:

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Hey John, where you been? Expected to meet and greet in SD and you never showed?
Hope everything is fine your way!
I haven't been to SF in 15 years sounds like things have changed.
Welcome back!!

JIM

truk4u
11-07-2008, 09:36 PM
He's baaccckkk! Where ya been dude?

garyde
11-07-2008, 10:16 PM
I recall hearing about a Bus parking place down by Moscone Center off of Market street. There is also a Marriot down off of Market street which may have parking for Buses. It would'nt hurt to call tem.

BrianE
11-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi Adam,

Beverly was born and raised in Marin County and we visit her family there frequently. We always stay at the Marin RV Park in Greenbrae. http://www.marinrvpark.com/. It is not a real classy place but as Ray mentioned, it is an easy (and safe) walk to the Marin Ferry Terminal. For accessibility to SF without a toad it's your best choice.

Additionally for those who do have a toad, in addition to the Park in Pacifica there is a park in Novato, also in Marin County. And while Calistoga is a great spot, the RV park at the Fair Grounds in the City of Napa has recently been modernized and it is a very high class setup. It is also right in the center of the wine country with Sonoma Valley and the Golden Gate Bridge within an hours drive.