PDA

View Full Version : Where When How

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Now that I have a bus I could use some pointers on some of the things that the old timers take for granted.

In this case I have heard that I should register with Prevost and Liberty.

Should I do it now before I get the bus, or wait until after I have it?

If that's the case where should that be done, Prevost Canada, or US, and what department?

With Liberty is it the Chicago or Florida office?

In each case is it done by a phone call,or mailed letter?

Thanks JIM:)

MangoMike
11-05-2008, 02:20 PM
I would send Liberty a letter:

800 332-9877 chicago

1400 Morrow Ave
N. Chicago, 60064

Prevost:
6931 Business Park Blvd North
Jacksonville, Fl 32256

Since I assume you've already forked over the cash I would mail it now.

Mike

Darrell McCarley
11-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Jim......Call Prevost to open an account for parts and service with the serial # of your bus. Your account will follow you across the country at all Prevost parts and service facilities. They will bill you monthly. Very convenient should you have a large service charge away from home. I saw your new bus when it first arrived at Mr Olivers. I have seen a lot of busses but never seen one this fancy. You should be very proud. Darrell

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks Mike and Darrell, I'll get on it now!

JIM

Gary & Peggy Stevens
11-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Jim C., the reason for registering your bus under your ownership entails several things.

1) If the previous owner shyed away from handling any of the Prevost announced recalls, they will tell you about what they are and what is involved. YOU the new owner will have to ask if there are any outstanding recalls on your new bus. I doubt if there are any, but you never know about the King? :confused::p

When I registered my bus with Prevost they gave me a nice line of credit for any future service needs, updated the owners information with all my stuff, and told me about 2 outstanding recall notices that were not taken care of by the previous owner.

The previous owner did not have the recalls looked at, so I did.

Sunday, I dropped the bus off at Prevost Ft. Worth and they are removing the salon slide, reskinning the roof with heavier SS and adding additional roof braces, as per the Prevost recall notice and then repainting the entire slide roof area. "ALL AT NO CHARGE TO ME, simply wonderful I say."
They also replaced the door handle assembly, ( 2 Hour Job ) cause I mentioned I was a personal friend of Bill Jensen ? ;)

That's the reason to update Prevost with your information.

Gary S.

truk4u
11-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Jimmy C,

The King never did any recalls cause he thought the authorized dealers were making too much money.:D Now he has dreams of an interactive web site at CC for Prevosts...:rolleyes:

lewpopp
11-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Jim, I hope this parallels some of your responces when we have to sit back and listen to you who knw everything about coaches when you didn't have one and now that you have one you have gone brain dead.

You MUST call Prevost on a dial phone only. You must learn French. Un, deux, trois etc. Start the conversation with "Mon Ami" Or "Mon Amie" if it is a French whore.

As for other questions, refer to your answers in this forum and just scan for the friggin answers.

Lew is at it again.

garyde
11-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Hi Jim. Liberty at Sanford , Florida . Call and write. (772-463-2701) Make sure they put you on their mailing list for events. If you need technical assistance , ask for Troy,(772-349-7022).
Prevost, go to their website for information. Register for mailings, info, as well as up to date :http://www.prevostcar.com/cgi-bin/pages.cgi?page=publicationspage
And also technical info:
vents.http://technicalpublications.prevostparts.com/en/manuel.asp

rfoster
11-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Jim: Unlike some Liberty owners on this forum, your bus has a complete set of manuals. And if my memory serves me correctly there is a form in the back of one of the manuals that you can complete and mail into Prevost. Once Prevost recieves it they will send you color pictures of the lady Lew knows and she can set you up with a line of credit -Not.

So Prevost has/had me listed as the current owner and if and when I get any recall notices - I will most definitely pass them on to you. I never received any recall notices on the bus, all I ever got was invitations to spend money. As Truk mentioned I prefer to spend his money - not mine.

In the meantime, I would do as others suggest and let both Liberty and Prevost know you are the new owner of Vin: #

Good to hear you will soon be in the seat, burning fuel, and killing bugs.

truk4u
11-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Jimmy C, don't pay any attention to Lew, he gets this way each year right after Halloween because he wishes he was still in Elmira. He really misses the first snow each year and longs for the old days of freezing his gnads off.:p

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Two phone calls and the job is done.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Now you will be notified of Liberty rallies, be able to schedule Liberty service at FMCA conventions, and you will get invitations from Prevost to attend the dinners they provide at FMCA rallies, which in the past were wonderful.

I got a number of recalls on the previous coach, but none on this one which is good news. It means they really did have the bugs worked out.

Jerry Winchester
11-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Man I love that new Krakman Avatar. I think it really suits him.........

Will Garner
11-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Tom,

I thought Lew's demeanor could be the result of all the Trick or Treat candy he took from the kids at his bus door!

Later ...

Journeyone144
12-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Congratulations Jim !!!!!!!

Blessing's and the best of luck with it...Drive safe every mile...
Merry Christmas...!!!!!

and today is the anniversary of Pearl Harbor...we need to remember ...that too...

Yesterday I thought I was going to be the next person asking your questions..but I haven't been that lucky yet...there were snags in my net...but I'll Keep On Keeping On looking...Mine is out there somewhere..
Hugs Always Viv..

Now that I have a bus I could use some pointers on some of the things that the old timers take for granted.

Thanks JIM:)