PDA

View Full Version : A joke for JDUB

Jon Wehrenberg
11-03-2008, 12:40 PM
From the Cessna Pilot's Society web site.

a Texan dies and meets St Peter at the golden gate

St Peter decides to give him a personal tour, so off they go. First stop is a beautiful meadow, with a babbling brook. Fat trout can be seen jumping in the stream, wildflowers in bloom everywhere. St Peter asks the Texan, "Ever seen anything so lovely?" The Texan takes it all in and says, "Well, except for the missing Bluebonnets, it looks like the Hill Country in springtime."

St Peter is slightly annoyed, but transports them to the next locale, where pine trees provide hiding places for a large 16-point buck. The Texan again looks around and says, "Almost as nice as the Piney Woods of East Texas, if it only had some maple trees scattered around."

St Peter is more than a little annoyed this time, but continues the tour. The next stop is to a scene of majestic rock formations, with pheasant the size of turkeys. Again, the Texan takes it all in and says, "Looks like the Llano Estacado, only without the clear blue skies."

St Peter has had it with this Texan and says, "I've got one more spot to show you, but we'll have to ride the elevator!'. Immediately, a door opens in one of the rock formations; they enter, and the elevator begins to descend. The more it drops, the warmer it gets, until finally, it's hotter than, well, it's really HOT! The door opens, and there before them, is the Lake of Fire, with the souls of the damned writhing in pain. St Peter says, "I'll bet you don't have anything like this in Texas!". The Texas looks out and says, "No, but I know a coupla ol' boys in Houston can put that out fer ya!"

tdelorme
11-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Jon, I was born, raised and have lived my entire life in The Great State. Since my childhood, this story has been told and taken as the truth. If you ever see a Boots & Coots crew in action, you will understand why Hell don't stand a chance if someone hires them to put out the fire. They have literally "been there, done that."

It is kinda funny though, the St. Peter part. Everybody knows The Good Lord Himself shows Texans around when we die. :)

Jon Wehrenberg
11-03-2008, 03:03 PM
Do you think this will give ole Jerry a fat(ter) head?

aggies09
11-03-2008, 04:15 PM
I thought maybe the punchline was going to be something like............" well this looks like Lajitas in August without the Rio Grande". But I agree with Ted, when you see the real firefighters in action it is impressive.

Loc
11-03-2008, 05:35 PM
I think a case of diet shampoo may be in order for the flame snuffer after this one.

Jerry Winchester
11-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Well after a hefty day of audit committee and board meetings, this is better than having another Krakman sheep joke.

The good news is I get to keep my job for another quarter. The bad news is I have to prepare a report for the board detailing any exposure the company has to AIG. Can I get some Beagleboy help here?

Then to top it off, my assistant comes in with the latest package from that asshole MangoMike. Some kind of suppository you put in the fridge that's used to cool your roids. What would I do without POG buddies?

rfoster
11-03-2008, 09:21 PM
JDUB: Well,-- does it work? and what time were wheels up Friday?

Jerry Winchester
11-03-2008, 09:35 PM
No Roger, I am passing it on to Loc. He has that problem with the chair and it might help........

I finally got those chicks and the dog loaded up around 3:15 so we were wheels up at 3:30 since there was a conga line of arrivals about the time I pulled up to the hold short line.

But I got to take off in 300' visibility and fog on the flight home.

truk4u
11-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Who's the Chick and where does she fit in?

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-04-2008, 09:10 AM
I think that must be the assistant coming in with the :cool: package.

JIM

hhoppe
11-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Jdub: You wanted to be in pictures and go public with your company. You are just beginning to experiance the rath of the Government and having thousands of shareholder owners telling you what to do. Your day to day efforts have changed from running your company to satisfying all the restrictions put on you. Plan to take the company private again ASAP. I'm another one of your faithful share holders telling you what to do.