PDA

View Full Version : Interest Rates...

Jeffery Raymond
01-17-2006, 07:19 AM
This weekend I sat down with the Prez at Parliament and discussed interest rates for those who finance coaches. Rates are up a little more than 1/2 percent since last fall.

In for financed coach buyers borrowing big bucks, there will be significantly less buying power; the sooner they buy, the better. For sellers, hopefully these increasing rates will not affect the value of their coaches.

It appears that Prevost conversions are in greater demand when priced properly, especially as the Boomers get ready to hit the road and want 'The Best.'

ken&ellen
01-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Thank you for the information on the rates. My wife, Ellen, and I worked over a year to find the correct coach for our needs. While interest rates were a factor they played a minor role in our quest to move to a Prevost. Our biggest challenge was finding a dealer who was willing to take a trade of our SOB! In my opinion, the dealers who are primarly involved in Prevost conversions are not interested in trades. It takes me back to my Harley days when most Harley dealers would not trade for Japanese bikes. That attitude changed as money became tight and there were fewer buyers in the market place, hopefully that will happen in the Prevost conversion arena so that more people can share the wonder that is a Prevost conversion.;)

Journeyone144
06-24-2007, 12:43 AM
I was glad to see you say the below Ken...
With 15 coaches behind me, all gas, every time I tried to find a Prevost when I was ready to trade up..I was stopped because no one would take a trade..and I could not bring myself to let my gas coach go until I found the new one..a promise I made myself for a very good reason in 1949..and I still won't go back on it..for the same personal reason..
Now I'm looking for what I believe will be the last coach I will ever be buying at age 82..so I can't make a mistake..and I can't safely in good conscience ;) finance more than 100K..
I too would like to see sellers place their coaches with dealers who can and will take all trades..
Hugs Always Viv...

"so that more people can share the wonder that is a Prevost conversion".