PDA

View Full Version : Yellowstone area parts?

adamdegraff
10-26-2008, 10:47 AM
I sent this private email to Dale and Paulette this morning, but wanted whatever answer they might come up with to be shared with all.

Dear Dale and Paulette,
After I pulled into Yellowstone yesterday (BEAUTIFUL!) I noticed that my generator was overheating. Turns out my fan belt snapped. No problem. Went to put on my spare and.... it didn't fit. I got the wrong belt from Napa. (Not sure if it was my fault or theirs, but no matter now... here I am without a generator:-)

We are camped at the Mammoth hot springs area, near the north entrance. Wondering if there is a Napa or a RV supply place in Gardiner that you might know about?

I'll post on POG as well so all can benefit from your answer... or somebody else's.

Thanks. Loving Yellowstone. Weather is glorious. Only got down to 30 last night. And is sunny right now. Hope it holds.

Best,

Adam

BrianE
10-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Adam, Dale and Paulette may be busy with the Oyster bunch so I will try and help. To my recollection there is very little in Gardiner. I do know there are more than one auto parts stores in West Yellowstone. Don't know your setup but you could probably run down there if you have a chassis battery charger that will run with the genny providing AC for it. Your engine will not run without electrical power for DDEC, etc. Would call Prevost PASS service ((800) 463-7738) to verify you can do this without causing more problems. The drive to W.Y. is beautiful. Good luck.

Napa
310 Firehole Avenue
West Yellowstone, MT 59758
Phone: (406) 646-7473

dale farley
10-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Adam,

Sorry it took me so long to respond. For whatever the reason, I never received the private message you sent. We left the Mobile group this morning about 7:30 and came home for church. We'll be going back later in the afternoon.

Hopefully, you have already found a source for your belt, but here are the closest NAPA stores to you. Hope this helps.

Dyna Parts
310 Firehole Avenue
West Yellowstone, MT
406-646-7473

Horizon Auto
1210 E. Park Street
Livingston, MT
406-222-6272

<TABLE><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>NAPA AUTO PARTS</TD></TR><TR><TD>Polyco Corp</TD></TR><TR><TD>514 W Aspen</TD></TR><TR><TD>Bozeman, MT 59715</TD></TR><TR><TD>Tel: (406) 587-9211</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>