PDA

View Full Version : She did it!!

bluevost
10-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Hey POGgers,

Janet took her driving skills test yesterday and passed. We practiced together the last two Sundays and she had everything down pretty well. First an in cab air brake test and then a walk around of the rig checking lights, turn signals, tire wear, etc. The first part of the driving test is in a big parking lot and I was able to watch that part. There were cones set up, and she had to pull up and back into a space (like a RV space or a loading dock), make a right turn and come within two feet of a cone w/o hitting it, and back up straight about 100 feet and stop within two feet of the last cone. Then she took off with the examiner for about 35 minutes driving around San Bernardino on surface streets and the freeway, etc. She got back to the lot and gave me a big thumbs up. She now has a California Class B with endorsement to drive a "housecar over 40' but not over 45' ".

That's a my girl!!

sawdust_128
10-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Excellent!!

Joe Cannarozzi
10-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Now you can lay around watching Oprah and Doctor Phil and let her deal with the motoring public.

I am pretty confident my wife is not about to let that cat out of the bag.

dalej
10-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Margaritas tonight, what time do you want us all there? :)

Congratulations Janet!

lewpopp
10-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Ken,

Now Janet is one of the very few drivers in the United States that is legally licensed to drive even a motorhome, let alone a bus. Nice going.

truk4u
10-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Good job Janet, now Ken will be snoozing in the co-pilot seat!

rfoster
10-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Congratulations Janet, way to go! You have accomplished more than most male Prevost owners across the US.

In other news: Micki has driven at least a 1000 miles now since Spearfish and no damage to the public or the bus!!

It is a big help to have a relief driver on these long runs. I am out like a light when she takes the wheel. Well except for St. Louis, the pucker factor took over. But she came thru town flawlessly.

garyde
10-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Way to go Janet! A true POG member.

adamdegraff
10-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Congrats Janet! My wife may have a question or two for you at some point. (Though, she does really well.)

Just curious, is it illegal to drive a 45 foot bus into CA without a special license? We have shows there all next month. :confused:

Again, congrats!

Adam

bluevost
10-26-2008, 12:00 AM
Adam,

If reciprocity is the correct word, California does that. Whatever is required in your home state is good in California.

When do you come to SoCal and where will you be performing??

Ken

BrianE
10-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Ken & Janet, Although Janet deserves the glory, I know it took good teamwork. Congratulations to you both. You guys need to see Adam and his partner Lynn, here is their website: http://www.pianafiddle.com/.

adamdegraff
10-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Adam,

If reciprocity is the correct word, California does that. Whatever is required in your home state is good in California.

When do you come to SoCal and where will you be performing??

Ken

Where in SoCal are you? Close to any of these:

Victorville, Sunday 11/2
El Cajon, Tuesday 11/4 (What, don't people there vote?)
Rancho Sante Fe, Wednesday 11/5
Turlock, Friday, 11/7

Let me know which, if any you want to come to and how many guests you would like to bring and I will leave you tickets.

Look forward to meeting you in person!

Adam

bluevost
10-26-2008, 05:18 PM
To all of you,

Thank you for the kind words. I'm so glad it's over, I hate tests and should never have to take this one again.

Janet

hhoppe
10-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Adam; Shirley and I are planning on catching your performance in Folsom on 11-11-08. Remember Folsom made Jonny Cash a big hit. Of course he did the prison performance. Hope to meet and talk with you.
Good Safe Travels to you.

hhoppe
10-26-2008, 11:00 PM
Janet: Way to go Gal. Having taken mine this year I realize the anxiety you go through before the test. Sounds like you were well prepared and pulled it off great. Ken I'm sure you both worked as a team to accomplish the goal. Shirley says driving the bus is not her job. That's OK, if she is not comfortable doing it then I'll keep my drivers job.

jello_jeep
10-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Right on Mrs. Z... You go...!!