PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Air

dalej
06-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Hi all, I had turned on the rear cruise air while in Lake Havasu april 1-4. The air conditioner just cycled never did get cool. We came back home thinking we will need to get it charged sometime. Well, what it was, was the motor bearings had gotton a little rusty and the motor wouldn't start up, it was just trying to and would try and stop. You can't hear the air conditioner since the fans are running on the inside of the coach. Some motors have to be oiled, didn't know that, now I do. So this should get put on your to do list, check first to see if you have the oil type, one of my three is the oil type, the bedroom. maybe no one has this type of air. Put five drops in both inlets annually. Run the unit at least four time a year to keep the bearings lubed.

dalej
07-07-2006, 07:47 AM
Question... do all cruise air's have the ability to heat also? my 96 marathon friend said his does. Mine are from the 1986 era.

ken&ellen
07-07-2006, 08:27 AM
No, My 1991 Liberty does not have the heat cycle. It is my belief you would have to install new units in the belly to gain the heat pump feature. Ken

Jon Wehrenberg
07-07-2006, 08:47 AM
You would also have to install the SMX control. It is likely you have the old controls with the three black knobs.

dalej
07-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Thanks guys, thought if I had it and didn't know it after owning it for 8 years that would be bad, very bad.