PDA

View Full Version : POG membership strikes again!

Danss
10-21-2008, 01:16 PM
First, let me tell you I know as much about electrical systems on this Bus as I do Brain surgery! I was having same problem as Jerry and others with Battery Balance Etc light flashing on and off. After checking each battery and finding everything okay I ordered and installed new Vanner control unit, and presto everything is okay. No trip to prevost, no mechanic, no electrician just me with the help of POG!

dalej
10-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Good job Dan!!!

merle&louise
10-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Congratulations Dan: you are Da Man!

I hope you can help me, I have been having these headaches:D

It sure makes you feel good to fix something doesn't it? Thanks to all of the guys here on POG who constantly give us the reassurances that we can fix some things on our coaches. What a great group of guys:)

Jon Wehrenberg
10-21-2008, 01:59 PM
We all stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Now, about those headaches..................

tdelorme
10-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Here you go, Tuga, check your skivies.

This guy goes to the doctor and tells the doc he has been having horrible headaches for years and years. He has tried every remedy known to man and is willing to do anything to get over the pain. Doc says the only sure cure is to surgically remove his gonads. Sure enough, the guy has the surgery and leaves the hospital pain free.
Feels so good he stops by a clothing store to pick up a few things. The sales clerk ask the guy what he needs and the guy says he is looking for some new underwear. What size, the clerk says. Give me 32's the guy says. The clerk looks at the guy and says oh no, you need at least a 36. The guy says, I've always worn 32's. The clerk says, I can't believe that, don't you know wearing underwear that's to small will give you a headache?

Yankee802
10-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Could someone post a link for the Vanner control unit?

Gary & Peggy Stevens
10-31-2008, 05:21 PM
Could someone post a link for the Vanner control unit?

Geoff you should be able to find what you are looking for on their web site,
www.vanner.com

Gary S.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-31-2008, 08:19 PM
To Geoff and all others,

We all have to be careful when offering assistance without knowing specifically the device, age or converter. In Geoff's case his coach when first produced likely had converters for chargers, and if an inverter was installed it was solely an inverter probably 2000 watts. He also likley did not have an automatic transfer switch, but had a selector knob to choose the power source, such as shore, generator or inverter.

The link Gary offered is a great place to start, but if I were to guess Geoff's coach was modified from the way it was originally built, and some of the devices may not be built today or supported. One place to look Geoff is to go on line and try places that specialize in solar power and used equipment for solar power. A lot of them repair and rebuild older devices such as my inverters.

hhoppe
10-31-2008, 08:31 PM
Geoff: If you found a box in your engine bay marked Vanner it's sole purpose and use is to supply 12V to your headlights only. My 89 Royale had such a box. Early on Prevosts had 24V headlights and they were such a problem to find replacements they installed the Vanners to chg. to 12V lights. All this was seperate and before converters started furnishing their house 12V systems of batteries, inverters and other PITA electrical systems.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-31-2008, 08:51 PM
Harry,

Vanner makes all sorts of products, including at one time inverters and battery chargers.

Yankee802
10-31-2008, 10:43 PM
He also likley did not have an automatic transfer switch, but had a selector knob to choose the power source, such as shore, generator or inverter.

As usual, Jon hit it right on the head, I DO have a selector knob to select between shore, off, and generator.

Owning this coach is really teaching me a LOT, electricity, plumbing, etc. I thank GOD that this coach is in the good shape it's in and that I'm trying to learn everything in a preventative manor rather than chasing real problems. I just hope it stays this way and/or I learn enough to handle it when I do have a real problem.