PDA

View Full Version : Fuel

Joe Cannarozzi
10-17-2008, 07:14 PM
2.23 for no-lead regular in Laredo Tx and 3.13 for Diesel in Phoenix and goin down:).

Straight from the Flying-J website.

adamdegraff
10-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Now THAT is music to my ears. When we budgeted for our tour, in the summer of 2007, we thought we were being funny when we prepared for the possibility that diesel could go all the way up to $2.50/gal. HA! We've paid as high as $5.00/gal! Very glad to see it SO LOW (sarcasm) again. Sad that we have now been conditioned to enjoy anything close to $3.00/gal.

Joe Cannarozzi
10-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Today the Flying-J in Phoenix is pumping diesel for 2.99.

Get it while you can. The camel jockeys are fixin to cut oil production.

DRILL HERE DRILL NOW

Joe Cannarozzi
11-13-2008, 07:19 AM
1.74 for regular no-lead in KC, 1.75 in Indy and diesel is at 2.41 in Phoenix today with many spots in Texas at 2.45:)

Joe Cannarozzi
11-21-2008, 07:34 PM
1.45 for no-lead in Missouri and 2.17 for diesel in Arizona:)

hhoppe
11-21-2008, 10:39 PM
I think there is a pulley with a string to Diesel pricing on one end and the stock market on the other. Diesel is getting cheaper, too bad the market isn't leaving any money to buy it. Oh well there will soon be a chicken in every pot and a model T in every garage.

dalej
11-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Harry, where are you two? I haven't been able to call you, I always hear Ms. Shirley.

JIM KELLER
11-22-2008, 07:31 PM
I think there is a pulley with a string to Diesel pricing on one end and the stock market on the other. Diesel is getting cheaper, too bad the market isn't leaving any money to buy it. Oh well there will soon be a chicken in every pot and a model T in every garage.

Harry, Just remember, We are carving Watermellons instead of Pumpkins at Holloween and Chickens at Thanksgiving instead of Turkeys.

flyu2there
11-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Harry said it all.....don't need to be Werner Von Braun for this one..............:D

jello_jeep
11-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Lake Havasu unleaded $1.97 !

#2 is $2.49

Joe Cannarozzi
11-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Just how low will it go?

I got a feeling with the holiday coming we are looking at the bottom and it will be going back up, at least for the near future.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-23-2008, 10:33 AM
The fuel prices reflect the world economy.

When they were over $4.00 everybody was seeking ways to conserve, alternate fuels, more domestic drilling, etc. Those problems have not gone away, but are overshadowed by the economy. If we as a society had any brains we would not be reverting back to the habits of pre $4.00 fuel, but would be continuing to react as though the prices never dropped.

Just my opinion.

hhoppe
11-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Jon you're not suggesting we send our buses to the crushers are you. The lefty elites want to keep their private jets, but us ordinary people need to sell our over sized vehicles to provide enough fuel for them. It gets sicker every day.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-23-2008, 10:49 AM
The fuel we use in our buses isn't even a blip on the radar screen from any perspective. Do I need to point out again how depreciation makes what we spend on fuel look like pocket change?

According to the fixed base operators aircraft usage has dropped 30% since those fuel prices have risen and the economy has gotten bad. Same mentality there as folks who stop driving their bus because fuel price has gone up.

Sid Tuls
11-23-2008, 01:20 PM
The fuel we use in our buses isn't even a blip on the radar screen from any perspective. Do I need to point out again how depreciation makes what we spend on fuel look like pocket change?

According to the fixed base operators aircraft usage has dropped 30% since those fuel prices have risen and the economy has gotten bad. Same mentality there as folks who stop driving their bus because fuel price has gone up.

Hey Jon, I think the one thing you left out of the equation is how do you measure appreciation for the hobby? Have a Great Thanksgiving!!

Jon Wehrenberg
11-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Sid..........

You are correct. What we pay for fuel is a cheap price for the enjoyment of these buses.

merle&louise
11-23-2008, 03:04 PM
The party may be over; gas futures on Bloomberg's website is up $.0573/gallon.:eek:

http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/commodities/energyprices.html

flyu2there
11-23-2008, 03:27 PM

Jon,

Continuing on with the depreciation thesis, according to my latest APD (Aircraft Price Digest or Blue Book for air machines) the prices are down 30% as well, in just one quarter.....oouch!! Great time to buy, NO BUENO to sell!

John

lewpopp
11-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Jon, you mean to tell me that when fuel was near $5 it didn't make a difference to the average traveler as compared to $2.

Almost seems that I could go over twice the distance for the lower price and if it stayed up there, I'd have to stay close to home.

You see, there are a couple of us that have these vehicles because we know quality, now we can't get rid of them because we love them. But.... Not all of us are flush enough to constantly pay the high price.

There are poorer POG members too. I'll take a lot of flack for that but who could give a sh t.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-24-2008, 07:20 AM
Lew, read the context in which my comments were made.

High prices for fuel take serious dollars out of our wallets, but even if we never turn a wheel on our buses even bigger dollars are being spent whether folks realize it or not.

If I use 16000 miles traveled as an example (that's way more than most drive their bus) it amounts to 2000 gallons at $5 or $10,000 for fuel based on 8mpg. That doesn't come close to what the average owner experienced with depreciation this year. If you factor in insurance, tires, batteries and all other items that age out before they wear out it just makes the cost of fuel even less of a precentage of our operating costs.

I understand if you don't have the cash flow, you can't spend it on $5 fuel, but I also assume if a person can afford the average Prevost they can afford the fuel.

Yankee802
11-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Lew, I'm with ya man, on the poorer side of the POG. We got our coach to live in and save $. I'm just hoping that we can save enough after maintenance costs to amount to something.

Although I believe Jon to be correct when he said "person can afford the AVERAGE Prevost, they can afford the fuel" Being mine is slightly on the older side (yeah, slightly), I don't realy fit into that group. :)

lewpopp
11-24-2008, 10:18 PM
I understood every word that Jon had previously said. I just wanted to take my tin cup and run it back and forth across the bars to let him know I was still in the dungeon.

Joe Cannarozzi
12-01-2008, 08:41 PM
We are down to 2.04 for #2 diesel in Phoenix:)

Last time I bought fuel for the bus for under 2 bucks @ gal was Jan of 07.

Joe Cannarozzi
12-11-2008, 07:40 PM
#2 fuel is 1.81 at the flying J in Phoenix

Yeeeeeeeeeeeha

Think the no-lead winner was 1.21

rfoster
12-11-2008, 10:53 PM
It is tempting to get a bulk tank and buy a thousand gallons. Is there a POG member with a bulk tank sandbagging fuel before the next upsurge?.

I need to know the location and the keys to the pump lock.

adamdegraff
12-11-2008, 11:04 PM
I have a 1000 gal. tank at my farm in WV if anybody wants it. It has an inline filter, but no pump. So it has to be set high for gravity fill. That is, if anybody is serious about stock piling.

~Adam

tdelorme
12-12-2008, 06:59 AM
Being the shrewd investor I am, I have about 500 gallons still left in my farm tank that I paid $3.26 for back early last year. Of course it's red and no road use tax paid so if I used it and got caught I'd really look like a genius. Loc, doesn't this move qualify me for a VP position with you guys?

Joe, I want you to know how much we appreciate you driving around the country checking fuel prices for us. Very helpful in vacation planning, keep up the good work.

Joe Cannarozzi
12-12-2008, 07:26 AM
Well Texas, Wyoming and Missouri should also be in your plans:rolleyes:

Loc
12-12-2008, 07:51 AM
Mel,

Just send in an email. No need for a resume or an application with that bit of investing prowess - it may even get you a bigger office and an important title like Czar of Fuel Procurement and Hedging. Let me know when you get to the NY office.

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-12-2008, 08:00 AM
You're not the only good investor Mel, that's the same price fuel I have here to burn in my boiler to heat the house. :eek:

JIM