PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd and Pamela's Oregon area coach remodling?

adamdegraff
10-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Hey Lloyd and Pamela,
nice to meet you guys last night at our show. You guys mentioned to me that you had dropped your bus off somewhere in Eugene and that you were getting a new floor, new fabrics on the couch, etc. Maybe I have missed it in past posts, but if you don't mind, maybe you can share with all of us the company's name and their contact info.... and any other helpful tips if one was to go this route.

And for those of you who haven't meat Lloyd and Pamela in person, let me assure they are way cool. My body guard gave them the thumbs up right away. She's only 5 years old, but she can sniff out good folks in a matter of seconds. Wasn't long before my daughter... I mean, my body guard... was playing peak-a-boo with Pamela during our sound check.

Great to meet you both!

Adam

lloyd&pamela
10-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Adam,

We throughly enjoyed the concert if you have not seen his concert go to his web site www.pianafiddle.com (http://www.pianafiddle.com). I know Beverly mentioned it earlier, and we concur. He is truly amazing. We enjoyed meeting Lisa and the children and wish we could have spent more time together.

The bus is at Oregon Motorcoach Center (http://www.oregonmotorcoachcenter.com/) in Eugene, OR. Bob Lee, the founder of Country Coach, started this company to renovate older coaches after he sold his controlling interest in Country Coach.

We have been throughly impressed with the quality and service here. The facility is immaculately clean. Many of the guys worked originally for Country Coach. The facility is located in the original building where they built the Prevost conversions.

The workmanship and innovation is outstanding. I have been impressed with their ability and willingness to give us several alternatives with different prices to fit our budget.

We are having some extensive work done as you can see from some of the photos below. We have gutted the living area. We are replacing all the marble and carpet from the bath to the drivers area with new tile. We are reupholstering the drivers sofa and replacing the other sofa with a desk/bookcase I designed. The new wide screen TV will be hidden in the desk and rise up to allow it to swivel 180 degrees from front to rear. It will be a computer monitor and TV. We are moving all the electronics up to the front over the driver where the old TV was. We are re-carpeting the bedroom and adding a new widescreen tv there also. The plumbing bay is being cleaned up with new pipes and fittings. We are adding new digital tank gauges for fresh, gray, black, and LP. We are adding two Magnum True Sine Wave inverters and eliminating some of the old wiring. They are building us some low profile lights to replace the tiki lights that we hated so much.

Bob is letting us use one of his five coaches to continue our trip down the coast over the next six weeks while they finish working on the bus. We look forward to connecting with Ray Davis and others while we are in LA. We are sorry we missed BrainE and Beverly, but they were fly fishing in Waterton Lakes National Park in Canada when we passed through. If you have been following in our travel blog (http://prevost.wordpress.com) then you all ready know that is one of our favorite places we have seen. Sorry we have not posted more here it is all we can do to keep the travel blog updated on a regular basis. We will be wintering in Arizona and New Mexico. If you are in the area let us know we would love to get together and meet.

Photos:
OMC office
Stripped Bus
Expensive stack of technology
Interior of 12 bay facility

adamdegraff
10-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Lloyd,
thanks for the reply and thanks for the kind words regarding our concert.

Sounds like you found a great place to get your bus rehabbed. That picture of the bus all gutted is a little scary! :-) One question.... do you have to pay before or after the work is completed?

We'll be performing throughout Arizona Nov. 17-21. 4 or 5 shows I think. Maybe we'll catch you then. It would be nice to be able to find some time to hang out a little more. I know that Alex would like that!

All my best,

Adam

lloyd&pamela
10-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Adam we would love to connect again with all of you. And payment is upon completion. Best travels to you and the gang.

10-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Great resource Lloyd and Pamela, I always like how the two of you are able to find these excellent sources for goods and services. It makes great sense that the founder of CC would do something valuable for the RV community after the sale of CC. I will keep this on my valued list for future upgrades. Are they near the Eugene airport?

Jon Wehrenberg
10-17-2008, 02:05 PM
While you are there Lloyd you may want to talk to "the man" about Country Coach support.

We kid around a lot here on the forum as you know, but CC in later models has integrated a lot of its electronics into the Prevost system to the point that a failure of the CC system or the interface is going to leave a coach owner in a serious world of hurt.

Are they planning to provide the support that Miles is trying so hard to put together? Will they make available telephone access? Will they provide some of the proprietary electronics and devices as replacements? At one time it was thought Nick Hessler would fill that gap and he did for a while, but now CC owners are really hanging.

Some even want plastic shields.

lloyd&pamela
10-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Yes Bruce they are located on Airport Road.

Jon I was surprised that no one at OMC had heard of POG. I left some brochures and told them to contact POG about becoming a sponsor so they could understand the issues better. Jim should contact either Bill or Pat to talk about sponsorship.

OMC is a renovation shop and I did not visit CC while I was there. Maybe the next time.

My impression is that OMC has access to any information they need to do a renovation. They were able to get old info about my bus that CC would not give me directly.

I will keep you informed.

dalej
10-19-2008, 08:10 AM
Lloyd,

If you see any good ideas for headliner replacement or upgrade could you take a photo and post it. We are going to work on some of the inside items next spring.

lloyd&pamela
10-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Dale we were going to replace ours but it was cost prohibitive, so we are just removing the white ovals from the headliner.

We have already left OMC and are heading into CA next week. But I will keep an eye out for different options. Best to you.

10-19-2008, 08:27 AM
When we purchased our bus in Coburg at Marathon we replaced the headliner. The original owner wanted everything to be natural materials so the headliner was a very thin real leather. It unfortunately had a few very thin puckers. We replaced it with an Ultrasuede with stainless strips and recessed lighting. Marathon was very reasonable with the pricing and did an outstanding job.

Changing out a mirrored ceiling might have some added challenges but it should not be much more difficult, but what a difference, and what a large part of the overall experience.

I was impressed with their ability to manage the hard to get to locations, closets, behind cabinets, around corners etc. When you do it for a living I guess it comes easy.

Joe Cannarozzi
10-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Well that makes 3 of us that want new ceilings.

Dale I feel a seminar/workshop comming on in Nebraska.

I know I could bribe Lucia and Alex to come out and help with the upholstery end of it all.

I have a bit of a hard time visualising something new/unique but I know when I see one in another bus I like. It is my plan to just duplicate one I see and like, possibly making just minor changes.

HUGE UNDERTAKING and it ain't gonna happen in a weekend but if it is stretched out a bit it is a job that can go unfinished for a certain amount of time without too much inconvenience while still using the bus.

I just had a brainstorm. Loyde I like your ceiling and our wood finishes are almost identical so when we do yours and Dales we can just move yours over to ours:D

Jon Wehrenberg
10-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Whatever you do with a ceiling don't do mirrors. They make the coach look spacious, and they have a certain eye appeal, but they are a pain in the ass to keep clean and in certain light if you haven't spent hours cleaning the mirror you can see haze and streaks.

Alek&Lucia
10-19-2008, 09:12 PM
I agree with Jon, skip the mirrors !!!
We had them in our Country Coach and it was a pain in ... to keep them clean.

Alek