PDA

View Full Version : I see the relationship!! Where's the valve?

sawdust_128
10-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Now I understand. The greasier you get , the more questions you have.

There is a hand valve (maybe two) for allowing the heat to flow in the bus aire system in a Vantare' H345. Apparently Prevost recommends that it/them be turned off. Apparently, they think these buses are used to stay away from the cold.

I was advised to look in the electrical compartment, just front of the engine compartment. To remove the stainless steel cover and find and open the valve(s).

Did all of the above an low and behold, I find three valves. Any hints as to which might be the one I am looking for and what magic might the others be capable of?

Apparently, there is also a valve involved in the heat-to-the-bus process which is located in the engine compartment. For boring reasons I care not to explain, I could not look in there today, but will tomorrow. Any up-front guidance on that?

Thanks in advance.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-15-2008, 06:33 AM
Ed, that is likely a converter specific question. I would suggest you contact Vantare because each converter ties into the bus coolant system in different ways.

truk4u
10-15-2008, 08:53 AM
Ditto what Jon said, my CC had 4 valves, but only two were used to shut off the heated coolant to the dash and heat exchangers.