PDA

View Full Version : Gauges and Stuff

Just Plain Jeff
06-21-2006, 11:22 AM
I've had it.

Got this protoype working that ought to eat the pants of the Sky King crowd here.

Now THIS is a Prevost Le Deluxe-O 'Pilots' dream.

Eat yer hearts out:

http://www.geocities.com/d_invazian/airshow/c-5_cockpit.jpg

MangoMike
06-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Fire up the Songbird Penny.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-21-2006, 03:59 PM
Mine has the current "glass cockpit" style as opposed to the steam gauges.

How's that Lew?

Just Plain Jeff
06-22-2006, 07:22 AM
Well, I am stuck with some of the panels, as I have a centralized Norggren valve control center. Moving all the valves to a centralized location. That way, I can monitor the pressure in and out of each valve, have a remote lubricator for each valve, with an automatic sensor both in and out of every value with a manual override.

Saves me from having to get between the drive axle tires and all the icky stuff.

Trying to keep it simple.

Just Plain Jeff
06-22-2006, 08:08 PM
We're running into a gating problem with the centralized Norggren valves. The plan here is to have an automatic switching system if the auto self-lubrication system fails and the manual override doesn't kick in over the road.

I am proposing a check-valve but my designer didn't like the idea. He was interested in developing a TCIPC interface with a circuit.

Still under development.

Just Plain Jeff
06-23-2006, 08:34 PM
New idea from the tech:

Here's the approach. We are now moving toward an air-demand system which randomly selects centralized valves, depending upon need with a switching assembly directing I/O. In that way, it is likely that fewer valves will be required and will simplify the design. We are thinking about different logic sequences and running a virtual CAD program to calculate dependencies and redundancy. Will keep you updated.