PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Sewer Hose Compartment Parts

truk4u
10-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Anyone know where I can get the little latch that holds the Sewer door closed other than at Liberty? The little plastic gismo on the door is cracked and won't keep the door closed.

dalej
10-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Tom, is that a standard 3/4 inch hole for the lock?

tdelorme
10-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Call Liberty, Tom. They are like a buck fifty each. Takes a little bit of adjustment to get them working just right but no big deal.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-13-2008, 07:20 AM
Tom,

I was able to get those at a Home Depot in FL one time. That latch was used on a number of door applications in my old coach. It has to be a fairly large Home Depot with a good hardware selection. The one here locally does not have them.

dale farley
10-13-2008, 08:49 AM
Tom,

A very simple solution to this problem. Just get you a CC; they have an all metal latch on the sewer door.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Well if you are going to be that way Dale, it looks like if you want push button dumping from the comfort of your bus, buy a Liberty.

At Mobile I'll show you how simple it is. Then you can show me how much fun it is to go out in the rain and pull two handles to get the job done.

How's that Truk? I expect you to fight the Liberty battles now that you have one, but as a newbie I thought I would show you how its done.

truk4u
10-13-2008, 09:08 AM
I'm on it like a big dog Jon....

Dale,

When your dash quits, it will cost you 10K to get gauges like mine
When your OTR gets damaged from road debris, my Cruisiars will be cooling
When the bitch in the box say's "low vehicle battery", call me for repairs

There's more, do you want me to continue?:p

dale farley
10-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Well Jon, I'll admit that I did once entertain the thought of those push button drains, but then I realized that CC has such a large tank that I only need to dump once every 7-10 days. I can do that at my leisure, so I decided against adding something else to go bad. Liberty added that push button dump to compensate for having a sewer drain that drags the ground.

I have to go bush hog some fields.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Tom,

I can see you won't need any help. You handled that like a pro.

dale farley
10-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Tom,

It's nice to know who I can turn to if I ever have a problem with he items you mentioned. I think you are what is known as a "traitor."

rfoster
10-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Yea, buy my dash is better looking (in living color) and I can have at least 6 different display arrays and best of all-- I can see it at night. So there.

I don't have to get under the bus to hook-up my sewer pipe either. I can open my cargo bay door and it is right there convenient to reach.

Plus I have not run over something in the road and broken it off yet.

I have a nice lady to pleasantly warn me about bad chit that is fixing to happen, if I dont stop and fix it or correct it.

Like diesel fuel is critically low.

JIM KELLER
10-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Roger, I agree with you. The " Bitch In The Box " is like an Angel watching over us !

truk4u
10-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Dale - I don't look at it as being a Traitor, it would seem I have finally seen the light!;)

King - When your Dos 3.1, 12volt computer that sits behind you decides to go Tango Uniform, that bright multi display will look like a used car dealers lot late at night after not paying the electric bill!:eek:

Jim Keller - When the bitch tells you you have a bay door open or low vehicle battery, call Dale, you will both have something in common.:p Ask me about the 391 wire that will drive you crazy, just ask John the Flyman. Hey Fly Dude, where are you?:confused:

And finally, for all you CC boys, when all else fails, just call Country Coach for support!! Baaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jon Wehrenberg
10-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Way harsh, but well done.

Only a former CC owner knows all the weak spots and Truk seems to go for the jugular right away.

dale farley
10-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Roger/Jim,

Fortunately for us, it sounds like Tom has already had all the problems. We can relax and enjoy our trouble-free buses. Tom has obviously been brain washed by Jon.

garyde
10-13-2008, 11:28 PM
Truk has gone to the light side! Feel the force Truk.

rfoster
10-13-2008, 11:35 PM
Truck: Don't forget, I have Miles' phone number.

truk4u
10-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Gary, I feeeeel the force, you were right!:D

Jerry Winchester
10-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Now the next lie the Krakman will be telling us is that he has an 8V92 that gets 6.8 MPG and it runs on sheep piss so he gets to travel for free. Then we'll hear the "I have the only 8V92 in existence that (a) doesn't use oil and (b) doesn't leak oil" Get your hip waders out.......

Gary,

Don't get to used to having a Liberty circle jerk with the Krakster as a pivot man; I have known him three years and he has owned 4 coaches. By this time next year, the Liberty weenies will be but a faint memory in the Krakman's journal.

mcirco
10-14-2008, 07:53 PM
I don't want to get too deep into this exciting discussion about our friends at Country Coach but as Roger eluded - I do have a number of contacts at Country Coach who are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I am working with them to set up a special Prevost Owners support system. As soon as it is finalized I will let everyone know - in the interim feel free to contact me and I will get you to the right person at the factory.

Miles & Laura Circo
2004 Country Coach 45' XLII D/S
mcirco@hughes.net

truk4u
10-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Ah, excuse me Flame Snuffer, but I have had 3 coaches and a piece of shit that didn't count.:rolleyes: You and your Turd Twin have been real silent lately, is something bothering you?:p

garyde
10-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Now the next lie the Krakman will be telling us is that he has an 8V92 that gets 6.8 MPG and it runs on sheep piss so he gets to travel for free. Then we'll hear the "I have the only 8V92 in existence that (a) doesn't use oil and (b) doesn't leak oil" Get your hip waders out.......

Gary,

Don't get to used to having a Liberty circle jerk with the Krakster as a pivot man; I have known him three years and he has owned 4 coaches. By this time next year, the Liberty weenies will be but a faint memory in the Krakman's journal.

Jerry, We won't fault Trukman for past indiscretions. With age comes wisdom.:D

Jerry Winchester
10-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Well I can't speak for my esteemed colleague from Virginia, but I have been hooked up working on my other money pit. I finished installing a new door seal on the Bonanza yesterday and reinstalled the door tonight.

I've been searching the Net like a mutha looking for the small door striker plate teflon looking insert, to no avail. I guess some calling tomorrow will locate it.

But I had to bask a little in the weekend's football outcome. How many times does OU go from being number one in the nation to tied for 4th with Baylor in the Big XII South and OSU beat #3 Missery all in one day.

JIM KELLER
10-15-2008, 07:45 AM
I don't want to get too deep into this exciting discussion about our friends at Country Coach but as Roger eluded - I do have a number of contacts at Country Coach who are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I am working with them to set up a special Prevost Owners support system. As soon as it is finalized I will let everyone know - in the interim feel free to contact me and I will get you to the right person at the factory.

Miles & Laura Circo
mcirco@hughes.net

Miles, This is exciting news ! Please keep us posted and don't be disappointed if you don't hear from any of us right away. It could be no one is having any problems with our Country Coaches.

P.S. This Post needs a Thread of it's own and away from the Liberty sewer hose !

Jon Wehrenberg
10-15-2008, 07:52 AM
In all seriousness, if CC is willing to work with Miles what the hell is their problem with supporting the owners of their coaches?

All owners of a conversion, regardless of who did the conversion need access to information about the conversion, and need to be able to buy those proprietary items installed by the converter. Even if they did nothing more than let owners know where to buy parts, or refer owners to folks knowledgable about coach service it would be a big help.

My hat's off to Miles for doing this. He is taking on a huge burden and needs to be recognized for the effort he is making.

truk4u
10-15-2008, 09:03 AM
Miles has been working on CC ever since the July Rally in Amana, IA and I hope he has some success. Don't give up Miles, keep hammering them.;)

JIM KELLER
10-15-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm on it like a big dog Jon....

Dale,

When your dash quits, it will cost you 10K to get gauges like mine
When your OTR gets damaged from road debris, my Cruisiars will be cooling
When the bitch in the box say's "low vehicle battery", call me for repairs

There's more, do you want me to continue?:p

Tom, I'm thinking you need to be a little more respectful of your past and the Country Coach Bridge. You just may want to cross it again some day !

Dale, How is that ?

dale farley
10-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Jim,

You're right, I think the Liberty bunch are just grasping for straws. They're afraid more owners will see the light and switch to CC, and they will become even a smaller minority in the POG world.

If I get worried about my dash, I'll install a $19.95 set of gauges from Auto Zone.

If I get concerned about the OTR air being destroyed by road debris, I'll install a piece of hog panel over it to prevent any parts that have fallen off Libertys from hitting the unit.

If I get a message from the kind lady in the box about my battery voltage, I will believe her and take corrective action before it gets worse.

Joe Cannarozzi
10-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Seems to me this complaining lady in a box that is standard in the newer models is reason enough to hang on to ours. I prefer to be the one to do the complaining in ours.

JIM KELLER
10-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Jim,

You're right, I think the Liberty bunch are just grasping for straws. They're afraid more owners will see the light and switch to CC, and they will become even a smaller minority in the POG world.

If I get worried about my dash, I'll install a $19.95 set of gauges from Auto Zone.

If I get concerned about the OTR air being destroyed by road debris, I'll install a piece of hog panel over it to prevent any parts that have fallen off Libertys from hitting the unit.

If I get a message from the kind lady in the box about my battery voltage, I will believe her and take corrective action before it gets worse.

Dale, " Very well said "

truk4u
10-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Dear Roadrunner,

The Autozone gauges won't work, sorry, but you will need some expertise from ex CC owners that have experienced the kind lady whispering in our ear about the low vehicle battery. If it hasn't happened yet, it will and then yours truly or John the Fly Dude will come your your aid. No point in calling CC, they don't have a clue.:rolleyes:

So, you need to be real nice to the LIberty owners, especially if you want the present in Mobile I have stored in my bay for you!:D

mcirco
10-15-2008, 08:45 PM
The issue with Country Coach is that they build hundreds of motorhomes a year. Most of these homes are relatively standard and not really customized. The Prevost Conversions represent only about a very small amount of their business about 10 units a year plus or minus. These conversions are highly customized. Unfortunately when you call Country Coach for support you normally get a person who is familiar with their standard motorhomes and not the Prevost Conversions. They do have people at the factory who do know everything about their conversions but they are on the factory floor or in engineering and are not accessable thru the normal customer support group. I am working with them to put together a system to deal specifically with Prevost owners. In addition, although Country Coach has a significant dealer network only 2 dealers carry the Prevost Conversions and most have been sold by Buddy Gregg. In the past Country Coach has relied mostly on Buddy Gregg to service the Country Coach Prevost Owners. Hence there has been very spotty factory support. Truk is correct - discussions began in Amana Iowa with Matt Howard on this issue and have now moved to their Engineering VP and their Service VP - as soon as things get finalized I will post the details. I am sorry this has not progressed at the speed of light but as I said anyone who has a Country Coach issue please let me know and I will take advantage of my contacts to try to get them directly to the right person to help out. My goal is not to debate this issue but to just solve the problem. With some luck we may even be able to bring back the plastic shields.

Miles & Laura Circo

dale farley
10-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Miles,

If there is anything any of us can do to assist you in your efforts in negotiating with CC, just let us know.

dale farley
10-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Tom,

I am going to try to be nice to you, at least until after Mobile. I do want/need that present. I'm thinking: 8 new Michelins or maybe 6 new AGMs.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-16-2008, 05:43 AM
After seeing Dale's post above it is now very clear to me. Only someone with so much faith would be buying a CC.

I'm pretty sure, Dale, that Truk is bringing those new Michelins for me.

dale farley
10-16-2008, 09:10 AM
Who knows Jon, with Truk's money, he may be buying new tires for everyone. He's the only one I know that can afford 4 buses in 3 years. Since I am being nice to him, I hope he accepts this statement as a compliment to his "investment savy."