PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Aux Air Connection

grantracy
10-11-2008, 10:07 AM
I am having no luck locating where the aux air connection/petcock is located to hook up an air hose? Any suggestions.

garyde
10-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Good mornin Granvil. My air connection is located below driver's seat inside the drivers door. It is a manifold of 5 or so air lines and a coupler for air hose.

dreamchasers
10-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Same location on mine.

Hector

Jon Wehrenberg
10-11-2008, 02:21 PM
I added the blue handled valves so ignore them and look for some type of manifold. If you have no air fitting, it is easy to add one. I added the pressure gauge so I could see both regulated and unregulated aux air pressure.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
10-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Granvil, I not only have one behind the Front Drivers door close to the Auxilary Air compressor, but I also have an air valve in the chassis battery compartment at the back of the bus, right next to where I mounted my De-Ionized Water tank, Karcher pressure washer unit, and the auto 50' water hose reel, that I am still messing with to get it to work properly? :confused: :D

I thought everybody had two Air Valve outlets ????? :p I guess only an American conversion was built the correct way :eek:

Gary S.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Hey smart aleck.

I only use mine to fill my bike tires. Nothing else needs air in a Liberty. Sheesh!

rfoster
10-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Gary: If I were you I believe I would have to say to Jon: SHOWOFF!

Joe Cannarozzi
10-12-2008, 07:54 AM
Isn't the air chuck in the battery bay only to air the bus up?

We replaced the one on Aleks bus cause it was never used and froze up and when we took it off no air came out and the bus was aired up. I think there is a one way check valve upstream to that point.

grantracy
10-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Looked under drivers side,found a schrader(?) valve on the back side of the accessory air gauge. No luck finding a manifold ( at least like what I saw in the photo Jon) Engine compartment was as Joe said; a connection to air up brake system..will probably lob a call into Featherlite to see if there is a standard location for the connection.

truk4u
10-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Joe,

There is a check valve in the one in the rear and it's for the Primary and Secondary (brake) tanks. The one in front fills the Aux only.

grantracy
10-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Found the connections; one is in the plumbing bay the other on the passenger side 4th bay. Both were tucked up and behind fascia panels that you had to get on your knees and look up to see.