PDA

View Full Version : Getting to See Coaches

Journeyone144
10-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Morning All,
There is a Coach in Al...That's all I know about it's location..One Dealer has asked me for between 5 and 75K to hold it for my purchase but neither of them will give me the address to go see and drive the coach..The second dealer didn't ask me for a deposit but he doesn't answer my e-mail asking him for the address either..
Do they have the right to deny a potential buyer this information...???
I'm about ready to leave NJ for Fl. for the winter as usual..and I would like to see this particular bus..
Below are the two ads for the same Coach ...

Hugs Always Viv

The Dealer for the First Ad is Rodney Daniels..

http://www.heartlandbus.com/picView.cfm?StockNo=1470&PictureID=13228&Format=JPG&Year=1994&Make=Prevost&Model=Le Mirage XL Coach

The Dealer for the Second Ad is Steve Katz..

http://www.prevosttrader.com/index.php?v=8&iview=121

Joe Cannarozzi
10-07-2008, 08:34 AM
Viv that first coach in Alabama that Bob wanted a 5K deposit was TOTALLY REFUNDABLE if you decided you did not like it.

Heartland Coach is primarily a consignment site and they will not show you the bus before deposit because it is a private owner and they do not want to get burned out of their commission

Also it is kinda tough to do business with someone when all calls and messages go unreturned.

Journeyone144
10-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Rod didnt' tell me the deposit was refundable Joe, so I was afraid to do it...At Demontronds in Houston, Tx... www.motorhomesusa.com ...I made a like deposit flew out there and they refused to refund it when the coach was nothing like the pictures...forced me to buy a different coach from them and the state told me dealers legally could charge whatever the market would bear...so I run scared..Don't know Fl. law so I wouldn't make such a deposit with out seeing the coach...again...especially when the Dealer Rodney Daniels never told me it would be...

Thank you for the info tho' Joe...So close and yet so far... yet again...!!!!
Hugs Always Viv...

Joe Cannarozzi
10-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Don't know Rod never met him. That bus is Bobs listing. So are most of them on Prevost Trader. Good luck:)

Is the # you are calling for that one on Prevost Trader 1-813-323-3006?

I just realized that both adds are the same bus. I am going to venture a guess here and say that Bob is not returning your calls because he believes you are not a serious buyer. I could be wrong.

I will call him for you, please respond to his messages and e-mails if he sends them again.

Coloradobus
10-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Vinian, I think your coach is on Ebay

Journeyone144
11-14-2008, 07:13 AM
Morning All,
About now many of you know how hard I've been searching for a bus...and you've guessed how scared I am of making a mistake..

The last two were both sold..but I have another one I could get now...
I have the address for this one...

It's in Berryville Va..and I wonder if there might be anyone on the list anywhere near there that would be able to get to see it and give me an opinion with out too much inconvenience to you..

I'd have to go there and look for a mechanic to look at it and I would do that..but I'd feel a lot better if some one from POG who knows more than I do about the mechanical end could just take a look for me..

I'm just a driver and will have to have someone else do everything mechanically on any bus I own..

Many Thanks for a reply from someone here..
Hugs Always Viv
Private reply here or at: journeyone144@yahoo.com

tdelorme
11-14-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm not close to the coach your interested in, but I have seen this one and if you can live with a buffalo on the back, there's not a better deal on an older bus anywhere.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-40-ft-Prevost-Country-Coach-InMotion-Sat-NR_W0QQitemZ170278993733QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRVs_Cam pers?hash=item170278993733&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1308

Darrell McCarley
11-14-2008, 02:32 PM
VIV........Several people in POG have bought from Paul Davis at MR OLIVERS RV at very low prices. I have bought 3 busses from Paul within the past 10 years. He is 100% honest and will look out for your best interest. He will not sell you a coach with problems . The last Prevost that I purchased from Paul, I gave him the price that I wanted to pay but he refused my offer. Said I offered him too much. Reduce your offer by $6000.00 and we will have a deal. How many dealers would do that? .........Darrell

Joe Cannarozzi
11-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Darrell that story is truly amazing.

Darrell McCarley
11-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Joe.........It is a true story. Ask Jim C or Mel Torme about doing business with Mr Olivers RV. ........Darrell

Joe Cannarozzi
11-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Didn't doubt it for a second.

Will Garner
11-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Vivian,

Good evening.

I received an email from Rod Daniels a couple weeks ago. Following is the text of that email.

Dear Friends & Colleagues:

Effective Monday November the 3rd 2008 I will no longer be affiliated with Heartland Coach in Arcadia, Florida, but will be working with Horizon Coach in Arcadia, Florida as their sales manager. All coach inventory that was listed with Heartland Coach is now available for you to view at http://www.horizoncoach.com. All my contact information (phone, email, etc.) will remain the same. I look forward to your continued business and support in the future. Thank you.

Rod Daniels
Horizon Coach
Ph: (863) 494 - 0573
http://www.horizoncoach.com
roddaniels@earthlink.net

While Carole and I were hunting for our coach I spoke with Mr. Daniels on several occasions. I was never asked for a deposit on any of the buses we looked at from his site. I think you might just need to use his new contact information if you wish to continue consideration of any coaches he had listed on his site.

Later ...