PDA

View Full Version : Outlets in bus...

Tully
10-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Iam in the process of changing all my belts on the bus today. I put my 5 year old on the bus to watch a movie. The TV/DVD did not turn on. All the lights are on inside though including heat. Everything appears to be working fine.

I go to plug a light in the outlet. Nothing. It appears I have full power to everything else on the bus. However, just the outlets do not seem to have power.

Where would I look to see if something has tripped? I did go back to the two fues boxes in the back bedroom and turned to all the fuses off and then back on. Still no power to the outlets.

I know the TV/DVD are plugged into an outlet and this is why they will not turn on.

Is there another box or fuse I should be looking for.

Have a 1990 Country Coach.

Thanks,

Tully

dalej
10-02-2008, 02:07 PM
First thought that comes to mind is the transfer switch the detects shore power is not triping. If you go to the main 50 amp breaker in the bay and turn it off, then turn it on, you should hear the transfer switch kick in to alow shore power to pass through to the inverter powered lines.

dale farley
10-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Tully,

My outlets are on GFI breakers that are located on each side of my bed. One controls the outlets on each side of the coach. You might want to see if you have some GFI breakers/plugs.

Tully
10-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Ok, I reset the main switchon on inverter. I again turned off the power main in the fuse box in the back bedroom and turned it back on.

Now I have power to the outlets. However, my front two outlets that used to work do not?

Am I over-looking something?

I notice that my inveter gauge will show 120volts and click off to zero about every 10 minutes?

Tully

Denny
10-02-2008, 06:29 PM
As Dale said, check all GFIs. My CC also has a GFI on each side of the bed. The rear one does control the TV etc. in the back cabinet and the forward one controls the forward most outlets. The outlet directly behind the driver's seat is controlled by the forward GFI along side the bed. Occasionally it does pop and I lose power to the front outlets.

bluevost
10-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Hey CC POGgers,

Just to add a little more to the subject, I have a third GFCI in my BBQ bay, that is third bay curb side. This one seems to control power to the bays (lighting, and outlets).

Ken