PDA

View Full Version : Hello POG

lonesome george
09-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Hello from George & Debi Phillips.
We are new members and have been interested in Prevost Conversions for some time now. We have made an offer on a 1999 45XLV Angola with 40K on the clock, one owner and always garaged. The unit is on the Pantarra Coach web site.
What do ya think?
George

Darl-Wilson
09-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Some will guess and make things up but I think you are going to get lots of help! Welcome aboard and standby!

Darl:);)

hhoppe
09-28-2008, 03:21 PM
George & Deb: Welcome aboard the forum and to our family of Prevost junkies. Please print a copy of the Panterra website so the looky loos can get an eyefull of your dream. It also helps to enter your location so those Poggers close to you can offer their help in your decision. Please don't tell me you are in Houstin, we have an overload of Texans. You are going to love your journey's with us.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Hey George, Peg and I bought our 01 XLII American from Bob Makin @ Panterra and all I can say is they have been a great group of guys that have helped me lots when I needed it. They seem to always be there when I called, and for the first 4 months, I called lots.

Your bus looks great, I know you will enjoy it or whichever one you decide to persue.

NOW HARRY, what is that wise crack about us Texans ? :confused: :D

Gary S.

lonesome george
09-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks Harry,
We live in Danville IN. Here is Panterra's web site. http://www.panterracoach.com/
Thanks.
George

lonesome george
09-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Hi Gary,
A candid report from a Panterra customer is nice have. We have visited Panterra twice, once last spring and again last Friday, talked to Bob and Don both times and I feel they answered my questions honestly. This is a big move for us, we have a motorhome now that works just fine and spent several years getting it sorted out.
Thanks
Nervous George

dale farley
09-28-2008, 05:21 PM
George/Debi, Welcome to the forum. Looks like a very nice bus. Make sure you allow for some things that will immediately need to be updated such as batteries, tires, etc. Good luck.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Welcome to the asylum. We are always on the lookout for new victims.

If this is your first Prevost you will likely be overwhelmed. None of us have ever gone through that phase so let us know what it is like. Just kidding George.

The best advice you can get at this stage is to not rush things. Stay parked right where you buy the coach and spend several days living in it, learning the systems, understanding the various knobs, buttons, switches and other devices so you can keep it warm, cool, lighted, and so you can learn how to charge the batteries, run the water, dump the tanks, level the coach, and operate the generator. If you read some of the posts you will understand why this advice is offered. Even experienced owners are still learning things about their coaches.

Spend some time understanding the bus. Learn how to keep it warm, cool, lighted, and how to operate the various systems such as retarder or jake brake, the transmission and the braking systems. It all sounds so simple, but your best time to go over all of these things is before the seller sees your tailights going through the gate. There is an abundance of information on this POG site and a lot of articles you can access through the POG home page.

Good luck. You don't have any sheep do you? Want some?

hhoppe
09-28-2008, 05:45 PM
George & Deb: The coach looks great and the price range is good for a series 60 powered coach. The main thing is you both have to like it in every way. Prevoast are stronger than anything on the road. Make sure you unload your present coach as part of the deal. The market is soft and getting softer.
It's great to gain a couple of Hoosers into the fold. My wife Shirley is an Huntingburg, Indiana girl. After 53 years she is still my girl. Jon , Dale and others have given you good advice and there will be more coming I'm sure.

truk4u
09-28-2008, 07:14 PM
George & Deb,

Welcome aboard, don't believe anything Jon or Harry tell you!:D Nice looking bus and we wish you luck on your purchase.

Don't be nervous, it's only money, it's the blow up sheep you have to worry about!:p

tpr
09-28-2008, 07:41 PM
George & Deb

I'm on my second Angola. They are a great coaches built like a brick #@%*house, the systems are straight forward. I think you can't go wrong with Panterra; Bob, Don,and the techs built Angolas before they went to American Coach and remember most coaches and original owners. This helps when you have a question long distance. Good luck on your decision.

garyde
09-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Welcome George and Debbie. You are at the right place. I always enjoy it when someone new posts. What makes POG great is people like you. Welcome and don't hesitate to ask anything you like. Jon will make up the answers as we go along.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-29-2008, 11:14 AM
George and Debi: Bob, Don, and Dustin the electrician are great people at Panterra Coach, and they do know their American and Angola bus's. These three guys were around when they were built at the original convertors, so they will be very valuable when it comes to getting questions answered.

One thing Peg and I did, when we picked up our bus, was we Video Taped every segment of the Walk Thru. This video will remain in your library and well worth every minute it takes to do it. I still go back every once in awhile to review something in our tapes when I have a question, That is if Somebody here on POG doesn't have the answer?

Do yourself a favor and Video Tape it. You will be glad you did. Say hello to the guys @ Panterra for me.

Gary S.