PDA

View Full Version : Place to Stay Near Burbank Airport

jimshoen
09-22-2008, 11:39 AM
I am picking up a passenger Thursday 9 AM from the Burbank Airport and then driving directly to Reno via 395. Does anyone know of a place or RV Park near the Burbank Airport where I can park Wednesday night?

Ray Davis
09-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Jim,

I don't know of any RV park directly in the area which will handle big rigs. I typically suggest to people who are coming in the area to stay around Disneyland in Anaheim, as they have a couple of fairly big RV parks.

From there it would be a 45 minute drive in the morning to pick up your friend, which would include normal morning traffic.

Ray

Ray Davis
09-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Woodalls shows http://www.birminghamrv.com/index.html, which is a bit closer, however again not sure of size. It would be worth calling.

Ray

Coloradobus
09-22-2008, 03:24 PM
A warning!!

Don't stay at the Anaheim Wal Mart. They (renta-cops)will chase you out. the property is not owned by Wal Mart.:(

Ray Davis
09-22-2008, 03:31 PM
I think it's getting harder and harder to stay at Walmarts these days. I'm sure there's still a lot that you can, but more and more I hear of local ordinances preventing Walmart stays.

Petervs
09-22-2008, 08:30 PM
There is a nice large park in Valencia, or now called Santa Clarita about 25 miles north of Burbank. At the intersection of I-5 and SR 126. Might be the closest one to the airport.

We have stayed there several times and found it adequate. Usually big cities are a problem for the bus, but fortunately we do not like big cities much anyway.

BrianE
09-22-2008, 08:59 PM
A free option would be the Camarillo Airport. There is a large paved area across the street from the Ventura Sheriffs Dept. Training Academy which makes it a very safe place to dry camp for the night. There is also a terrific airport restaurant that serves great breakfasts within walking distance. You must however get permission from the airport managers office which is on the main entrance road. A telephone call might be your best bet. 555 Airport Way Suite B
Camarillo CA, 93010 (805) 388-4246

garyde
09-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Hi Jim. Here is a great link to RV parks in the area including the park Peter has refered: http://www.happyvagabonds.com/California/universal-studios-hollywood-california-rv-parks-campgrounds.htm