PDA

View Full Version : Florida to Ca travel info

rbeecher
09-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Barbara and I are heading west from Florida in the VOGUE starting out this Wed. The best route would usually be I-10 all the way out but with IKE having made his big visit ahead of us we are not sure if/where we might need to jump up to I-20. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard Beecher
96 VOGUE XL 40
02 Marathon XLII 45

Coloradobus
09-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Hey Richard,
I'll send you PM

Ray Davis
09-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Richard,

I'd be interested in what you learn/decide. I'm making the reverse trip next month.

Ray

Loc
09-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Richard,

I-10 is back open and there are no real problems on the interstate (driven I-10 everyday last week with no issues). Many of the traffic lights in Houston are still out or blinking, but this doesn't impact I-10. The majority of Houston is scheduled to have power back by Thursday of this week and most of the restaurants and stores along I-10 are open and have electricity (on the west side of Houston - I haven't driven east). If you decided to come through Houston, let us know and JDUB, Gary and I will buy lunch or dinner.

Loc

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Richard,

If you decided to come through Houston, let us know and JDUB, Gary and I will buy lunch or dinner. Loc

I agree with Loc, if you come through Houston please stop so we can all get together and meet over food and beverage. There are several campgrounds to choose from in the Houston area. We found a new one that looks very nice on Beltway 8 @ 288. Advanced RV Park, http://www.advancedrvpark.com/

Let us know if you plan to stop through here.

Gary S.