PDA

View Full Version : Nice 1997 Liberty at Ebay

Alek&Lucia
09-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Do we know this bus from somewhere :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-45-ft-Prevost-Liberty-Elegant-Lady-Loaded-Must-C_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50056QQihZ007QQitemZ1 70263347276QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Alek

truk4u
09-18-2008, 10:19 PM
I won't answer this, but the King might!

Hmm, must be Mr Oliver is nervous about the mileage!!!

Jerry Winchester
09-18-2008, 11:00 PM
Trukman,

Do you think the King left the fridge full of sodas and the fuel tank empty when he swapped?

I can't believe the Mr. Oliver's dude can't find a better place to take a photo than in a gravel lot. Having seen this coach a dozen times, it shows about 100% better than those photos look.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Does anybody have any doubts now about how much of a nose dive values have taken?

The mileage on Roger's "old" coach are meaningless. The miles might represent 25% of the engine life and 10 or 15% of the chassis life.

A POG member looking for a good coach would be wise to seriously consider that one.

truk4u
09-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Jdub,

I think there was some blue stuff in the fridge with a 1/2 bag of old tortilla shells.:p

dalej
09-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Why do you suppose that Liberty wholesaled it out? I would of thought it would have been a nice older one to have on their lot.

Joe Cannarozzi
09-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Maybe it's 11 years old and outside the current paramiters for financing.

rfoster
09-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Boy, that is a good looking bus.. Wish I could have owned it that cheap.

You know boys the more I am around these buses they are just like cars -- a depreciating asset. The more they cost the more they depreciate.

I believe the changes in the market place facilitated me being able to trade and the trend continues on my old coach. I would think that is a good buy on that bus.

Notice the "POG" sticker on the rear?

Jon Wehrenberg
09-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Dale,

Go look at the Liberty inventory. I think that is part of the reason for wholesaling it. But then add in the fact that financing a coach of that vintage will be difficult. Then go one step further and consider that most people think they have a real "buy" when they get a coach of that age with 50,000 miles, not realizing a well maintained coach that is used frequently is going to be more trouble free.

But there are still going to be a lot of folks that won't consider that coach but will run out to buy a plastic palace at twice the price, and will lose half the value in a couple of years.

MangoMike
09-19-2008, 11:12 AM
$199k

HOLY CRAP!

mm

Alek&Lucia
09-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Even better :
Paul Davis said he will sell it for $185k firm

Coloradobus
09-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Another wholesale is Marathon Coach 385, a 1996 40ft XL. We were looking hard at this coach. While we were at Spearfish, Marathon wholesaled that coach to Kenai Coach is Tucson. Terry has it for sale at 229K with 137,000 miles on it
Its a nice coach with a real neat floorplan.
I heard Marathon needed to cash it out.
I have called Kenai about trading for it to see what they will do.:D

www.kenaicoach.com

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-19-2008, 05:37 PM
There was a secret hand shake over the Bling Mobile today, and it will be staying in P O G!

I haven't been able to change my signature yet but that will come.

:D:D JIM :D:D

Jim Skiff
09-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Jim,

Congratulations! I am excited to see your dream come true! Wow!
What an exciting day for POG!

Skiffer:D

Joe Cannarozzi
09-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Jimmy do you mean to imply that you have bought Rodgers old bus? That is great news. Did you know that earlier when we talked?

dalej
09-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Great news Jim, we are proud of you!

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Joe, I didn't know until 3:00 PM today, when I showed it to Barb, and she said yes!:D

Dale thanks for the kind remarks and support!:)

MangoMike
09-19-2008, 07:10 PM
All I can say is:

HOLY CRAP!

Congratulations Jim.

Nice Bus!

mm

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-19-2008, 07:14 PM
This is only possible because of P O G !

The collective knowledge and willingness to share both information and the bonding through personal relationships, makes the P O G family indispensable. Thanks to all in helping me realize my dream! :rolleyes: Did I say that?
Well yeah, I meant it!!!!!!

JIM

Ray Davis
09-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Congratulations Jim! I was starting to lose hope, but you have restored my faith. I'm sure you've gotten a wonderful bus, and we're glad to see it stay in POG.

We'll be seeing you in OKC in 2009?

Ray

Jerry Winchester
09-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Well that is great news for sure. I see some sheep in your future......

Congratulations and happy motoring.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-19-2008, 07:58 PM
I'm glad for you Jim. Di and I whooped when you told us. There is a lot to learn and you and Barb will have lots to do trying to figure it all out but it will be fun. You already know about the insanity of the folks you run into at rallies. We just hope Barb has a sense of humor.

Did Roger leave the disco ball in the bay? It all goes with the lights that dance to the music.

rickdesilva
09-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Jim, thats great.....it sure beats sleeping in camper cabins. The only drawback is after a while you start talking like your a Tennessee native.

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Ray, Jerry, Jon, Rick, thanks for the well wishes.
This is exactly the kind of bus I envisioned. I am glad I stuck to my vision.

Sheep, well, they are not all that baaaad, if you know what I mean? Actually had Lamb Chops for supper.;)

jack14r
09-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Jim,You told me it would happen one day,none of us knew it would happen this quick,congrats.

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Thanks Jack, the only cure for MPD is a strong dose of shiny stainless, and the Bling Mobile has it, so I took the cure! ;):D

dalej
09-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Jim, did you know you were closing in on Rogers bus while in SD? You seemed like you were set on Liberty. Still can't believe it.

truk4u
09-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Yippee Jimmy C, I'm thrilled for you... You sneaky bugger, did you have this in the works at Spearfish?:p

Nancy and I are really happy for you and Barb and can't wait to see and meet your better half.

tdelorme
09-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Jim, good on you, that is just a great deal on your bus. You will enjoy doing business with Paul. Your PDI will be with a young fellow by the name of Ryan. You need to let them know that you need plenty of time with the coach because they are often busy. You can stay onsite for a few days if you need to, just ask.
When are you coming down? Jan and I would love to take you guys out to eat if you are going to hang around a few days.

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks, Mango for the good wishes.

Dale I didn't know until about 3:00 PM today when I got the urge. Before that I just passively considered it in the back of my mind. I knew it was a first class bus, but really didn't think of purchasing it. Haven't sold the farm yet and will still not be able to get away very much, BUT!
After Alek posted the listing I looked at it and my MPD got agitated and the pictures were soooo gooood, that when I showed them to Barb and she said I like it, why not give him ( Paul Davis) a call. I did that and in two minutes had a verbal deal with a check in the mail.

I bought the bus over the phone without an inspection, but I knew Roger took the best of care with it, and that it would probably be a long time if ever to find another in that condition.

The only things missing from my wish list were, enclosed toilet, independent suspension, and Howard Steering. With the used bus factory being closed I don't think I missed much. Also wanted the large fuel tank and don't know if it has that.

In all the posting discussion, no one expressed any special interest, so I don't think I stepped on anyone's toes.

Coloradobus
09-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Jim,

Remember us talking Wednesday morning in Spearfish after Roger et al left, and I said there is a butt for every seat. Way to go!! Congrats from Chris and me.

Denny
09-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Jim,

Congratulations on the Bling Mobile; you made a good choice. That gives us another bus in NE Ohio.. Maybe someday we can have a mini rally in this part of the country.

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Thanks, Tom, Ted, Denny, Jim and Chris.

Paul Davis on hearing that this was my first bus invited us to stay for a few days, so I could be taught the systems and get used to things. He said he preferred it that way over frequent phone calls.
Will definitely look you up Ted if it is at all possible.
Yes Jim and Chris, my but will fit the seat even though Roger disconnected the lumbar support.
Denny mini rallies are a certain possibility!

There is a lot to do now to rec. the bus. I have to contact Bennett, Explorer, and make the bus barn ready with a new door and 50 A plug etc.

garyde
09-19-2008, 11:00 PM
Way to go Jim! Your the man. It's a smart move, knowing the history of that bus. It's a legend to Poggers.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
09-19-2008, 11:18 PM
I knew there was a reason I bid on the belts and won the bet. Don't forget that I went immediately over to Jim C and gave them to him saying, "It's time for that bus now, Jim". CONGRATULATIONS, Jim from Ed and I. We just got the news now. No service out on the farm in Mott, ND for 2 days. We are in Milwaukee today thru Monday for the Octoberfest. Now, find the XLII for us. HA!!!!
Sandy

Alek&Lucia
09-19-2008, 11:56 PM
Jim,

Congratulations !
When is the delivery date ? If you are going home thru ILLINOIS stop by for few days. We have parking spot for you ( or anybody else).

Alek

rfoster
09-20-2008, 01:23 AM
Jim C: Congrats, Congrats, Congrats. I can see you grinning from here in Alabama tonight. That is great news. I hope you and Mrs. C. get as much pleasure, fun, enjoyment, etc that Micki and I got from using that coach. It is certainly beautiful coach.

Yes it has the 298 fuel tanks which I missed on this 4000 mile trip we have been on ( I am sure the word will get out that I ran out of fuel) would not have happened in the Liberty. You can believe the fuel gauge on it.

and the belts you got in spearfish will fit it too!!!!

Left Dale and Paulette heading south today on I 65 at Athens Alabama. I am visiting a brother in Florence Al and We will be back in Bristol by Sunday.

No Diesel in Nashville Today!!!

hobobimmer
09-20-2008, 01:51 AM
Jim C: Congrats, Congrats, Congrats. I can see you grinning from here in Alabama tonight. That is great news.

Jim, very, very cool. As of Wednesday 7:30am in Spearfish, while hooking up Jeep to our bus and visiting with Jim, I asked him what he thought his timeframe might be for bus purchase. Answer, best I recall, was "Within a year." I guess two days is "within a year."

What a beautiful bus. Go Jim!!

eric faires
huntsville, TN

JIM KELLER
09-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Jim C. Just signed on and read the NEWS. Congratulations ! Like Mike says, Holy Crap ! Jim K.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-20-2008, 07:53 AM
Jim,

No need to sell the house. Just sell the place in Chautauqua, convert the horse barn into a bus garage and hit the road when the skies get those snow clouds in October.

I hope you realize now that you own the Blingmobile you will be held to a very high standard when it comes to maintenance. The new standard has been set by Brian E who has an engine unmatched by anyone.

dalej
09-20-2008, 08:46 AM
I'll second that. I don't even like looking at Brian's engine compartment :)

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-20-2008, 08:53 AM
I am eccentric and detail oriented enough to keep it tip top without any difficulty. Kind of like the Brian of the East! :eek:

The Chautauqua house is too dear to our hearts and is not for sale!

Many thanks to the ongoing congrats. Everyone in P O G can take some credit for making it happen.

phorner
09-20-2008, 09:46 AM
This is great news! Congratulations Jim!

That is one beautiful bus. Glad to hear it's staying within the "family"...:D

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-20-2008, 01:35 PM
CONGRATULATIONS JIM C.

You got a beautiful bus and now you know the wait was worth every agonizing minute. Will expect to see your misses for the very first time at the next rally.

Don't forget you can use Roger's 24 hr Toll Free Hotline anytime you have a question about the bus. :D And if your like I was when I first bought the bus, (and still am) I needed that 24 hr hot line lots of times. :o :)

Great Job, we are all proud and happy for you.

Gary S

dale farley
09-20-2008, 11:30 PM
Jim, Congratulations on your new bus. Considering that Roger and Jon changed everything on it that should need changing for the next few years, you should have some trouble-free traveling time. We are very happy for you.

Coloradobus
09-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Jim,

You might also try Miller Insurance out of Lake Oswego Oregon. We have found with them and Progressive to be far cheaper than Explorer, and Yes, they know what a Prevost is.

Home Page About Us History Products Articles Links Contact Us

Miller Insurance Agency

1800-622-6347

The Miller Insurance Agency is licensed across the country for multiple insurance products that can protect most every kind of personal property that you own. The foundation of the agency started with insuring recreational vehicles and quickly expanded to cover the full spectrum of vehicles. The "One Call Does It All" philosophy has provided the Miller Agency the desire to become the full service insurance organization that it is today. By teaming up with The Miller Insurance Agency we strive to teach you the wisdom of managing and reviewing your insurance portfolio.

Due to the requests from our customers our growth path has taken us into writing insurance policies for conventional built homes, row houses, condominium, and renters in a number of states. The Agency has also been able to provide Personal Umbrella Policies for clients who need the extra protection over and above their standard liability.

You can rest assured that the Miller Agency issues policies with National Companies that are rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best, a leading independent rating service.

Bind coverage today with Miller Insurance Agency and let us show you how ONE servicing agency can maximize the value of your insurance protection.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Insurance Products
>> Automobile and Truck

>> Recreational Vehicle

>> Homeowner

>> Personal Umbrella
Liability

Be Sure You're Fully Protected.

merle&louise
09-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Jim,

Congratulations on the Elegant Lady! Karen and I just got in from Auburn, AL (LSU game). I knew that you would buy that Liberty when I saw the first saw the post by Alex; I just had a feeling you would pull the trigger.

Happy for you buddy; enjoy!

mcirco
09-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Jim C.

Seems like I always get to the party late. Unfortunately I haven't been here in over a week. Laura and I are absolutely thrilled to hear about your bus acquisition. Under your ownership we all know that this bus will continue to be in the best of hands.

Miles & Laura Circo
2004 Country Coach 45' XLII D/S

Danss
09-21-2008, 09:37 PM
It is Sunday night and we just got home several hours ago from the rally and lo and behold Jim got the bus!! Jo and I are happy for you and hope you and your wife enjoy it! Dan & Jo

BrianE
09-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Way to go Jim! Beverly and I leave the USA for a few days and return to this wonderful surprise. Considering our conversation in Spearfish, it's obvious you and your bride succumbed suddenly. Can it be assumed that being around all of the beautiful machines at the rally put you over the top? I hope so buddy, you'll never regret the stretch. :D

jello_jeep
09-22-2008, 12:15 AM
I had to read this a few times to make sure I was reading this right!

Didn't take you long to change the tag line there Jim!

Congrats.... Way to go!

Jon Wehrenberg
09-22-2008, 07:59 AM
I just caught the tag line. All I can say is it did not take Jim long to draw a line in the sand. Way to go Jim.

bluevost
09-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Jim C,

WAY TO GO!!! No more motel rooms for you at rallies. Thanks for your help at Spearfish, look forward to returning the favor.

Ken

mike kerley
09-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Congradulation Jim C. Great job and what a great bus. Joe C. told me Saturday night you had pulled the trigger and I thought "Damn, what a great move". You should have many years of enjoyment. Look forward to seeing you AND your wife at a rally.

You did good!!!

Mike and Karen Kerley

Orren Zook
09-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Congratulations on your purchase Jim!!! I'll send a PM to coordinate dropping off the items we brought from Spearfish.

tdelorme
09-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Jim, Jan and I stopped by Mr. Oliver's yesterday evening on our way home from the racetrack. The gate was unlocked and we took a walk around your new ride. SWEET looking coach. I love the design of the paint job. So when are you guys coming down? I'd bet you ain't sleeping real good so you might as well head this way.

Orren Zook
09-22-2008, 09:15 PM
I think Jim's on his way to Texas to pick up his new ride before you guys get fingerprints all over the stainless..... he's dropped off the radar here in Ohio!

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks again for all your continued congratulations.

I knew what I wanted and when the right one came along at the right price I was ready to act.

I don't think I will by picking it up until after Oct, 4.

I have to properly prepare my bus barn. Also trying to see if I can get it in my drive at home.

I have a 33' apron to a 12" drive on a 26' wide road? There are drainage ditches along the road. Any comments?

Coloradobus
09-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Hey Jim,

why notpost a photo of your approach so we can all backseat drive!:D

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-23-2008, 06:35 AM
Jim, for a better view, Google Earth my address and zoom in for a better view.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-23-2008, 07:35 AM
Jim,

I think you will find it can get in your driveway especially if you back in.

Be aware of the fact that if your driveway does not have a good base, or if it is not very thick you will break it up with the bus.

rmboies
09-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Jim,

Bob and I have been a little out of touch since his surgery so I had to
read this thread twice to make certain what we were reading was for real and not one of those frat pranks that we see so often:rolleyes:

We couldn't be happier for you and Barb....no more cabins at the rallies for you!

Roger and Micki's coach has always been one of my favorites--certainly worth your wait!

BTW, do you still have those PP badges? LOL

Debi and Bob--05 for now?

dalej
09-23-2008, 09:29 AM
Debi,

Can you guess who bought your (Debi Boies) PP badge at the auction in SD.

Loc
09-23-2008, 09:32 AM
Debi,

Is your signature of Debi and Bob -- 05 for now? signaling something. Is the master bus trader working on his next bus purchase. Is he afraid that Fast Roger is going to catch up with him:D? Or is this your resignation to the fact that it is not a question of if, but just when?

Loc

rmboies
09-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Debi,
Can you guess who bought your (Debi Boies) PP badge at the auction in SD.

hmmmm, since Jim already bought it the first time, I must say I am "hurt" that he has auctioned it off again so soon?? LOL Ok, I give up, tell me who the lucky person is? We paid quite a bit for those badges.....I wonder where Bob's badge ended up??

Debi

rmboies
09-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Loc,

just consider me resigned to the fact that it is "only a matter of time"....you know he is always looking but so far we have not found one we like as well as our Millennium so "for now" this one will have to do:rolleyes:

Bob isn't permitted to have any more then 10% weight bearing on his right side for a minimum of three months so that rather limits driving the bus which equates to giving me a reprieve from unpacking and packing again--ha~!

Debi

rfoster
09-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Deb: Could you be talking about this Badge?
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CIMG4205.jpg

rfoster
09-23-2008, 03:30 PM
And the Winning Bidder was:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CIMG4206.jpg

Congratulations Terry

PLSNTVLE2
09-23-2008, 06:37 PM
I guess Roger had proof. Blackmailed again. Hey Roger. Do you think you could shine that badge up for me.

rmboies
09-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Ha, this is great, at least we kept the badge in the family:D Somehow, Terry doesn't quite fit the "Debi" name but it might get him into a catered event somewhere <g> Hope you didn't pay too much for that Terry! Bob's badge went along with mine at the auction in TN, where did it end up?

Debi and Bob--05 and holding......

dalej
09-24-2008, 08:15 AM
Bob's never surfaced during the rally, so I expect it's in some hall of fame somewhere.

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Whoever bought the red tool bag might find it inside?

All of my auction donations were in the red tool bag!

dalej
09-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Jim, how much sleep are you getting these days? I'll just bet not much. When you cure MPD, the brain kicks into overdrive.

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-24-2008, 08:58 AM
As ready as I thought I was to buy a bus, I now have much work to be ready to store the bus and protect it from a northern winter!!!!

And no the answer is not to go South, at this point in time!

I am putting in a 14x14 ft. door 50A plugs and a driveway W/ turnaround.

BrianE
09-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Jim, How about some pics of the barn when you get the time.

Orren Zook
09-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Jim, for a better view, Google Earth my address and zoom in for a better view.

It looks to me like you could enter either driveway, but making that turn on the barn side driveway might present a problem unless you unhook your toad or become very proficient in backing a trailer..... from the google earth view it looks like a coach and trailer already in your driveway next to the horse barn - have you been holding out on us?

We're going to Nunda NY this weekend - I'll give you my updated opinion Saturday morning when we drop your stuff off.

dalej
09-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Jim, If the red line is your excisting drive way. Can you make the yellow line a new drive and come in from the left drive and make the turns until you heading back to the north, then back into your barn which is in blue. If your bus barn is not where the blue line is, let us know.

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-24-2008, 12:06 PM
OK, this is how it really is.

The Google map is out of date. Bills map shows it more accurately if you add terrain.

The drives are still the same, but there is an addition to the barn between it and the new outdoor arena.

I only wanted to pull into or back into the drive to the barn for short term parking, but now the boss says keep that thing out of here or my boarders will get the wrong idea and not let me raise the board to pay for the bus.:eek::rolleyes::D

Look at Bills map and zoom down to my bus barn location in Westfield, NY, that is where the bus will reside and that is where I am installing the drive.

The barn is 38X80 and has a drive to a door in the side wall. I am now installing a door in the rear end wall, and want a drive looping around to the back with a turn around to reenter the entry drive when the bus is backed out of the barn to leave. In this way I can work/wash the bus outdoors behind the barn.
I wanted to confine my activity to the back yard for less visibility from the road to retain some privacy and keep curiosity seekers at bay.
I have been pacing myself with the work. Not having a bus there was not a deadline. Now that I have a bus I have to bust my ... and GET ER DONE!!

The big problem is to try to get an excavator to even answer his phone, let alone meet you for an appointment and show up for it.

I would like the drive in before any contractor can see the bus and get a vision of $igns and triple the price. :eek:

Our intent is to sell the farm in OH and keep the bus barn in Westfield and the house in the Chautauqua institute, both in NY and within 10 miles of each other. We want to spend a long summer in Chautauqua and travel the rest of the year.

dalej
09-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Jim, go to my map and check out birds eye view on #53 Jim's Barn. Is this what your working with?

Ray Davis
09-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Wow, the birds-eye view is incredible!

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-24-2008, 06:06 PM
That's it Dale!