PDA

View Full Version : Crappy Royale Problem

LSANDRIN
09-06-2008, 09:40 PM
We have been having a problem with our toilet air compressor not holding pressure and therefore not wanting to flush the toilet. This is troublesome for Livio who does not like to walk down to the restroom at the campground at 2 am.:eek: We had the problem looked at while we were at Buckhorn Lake (by the way we heard that there was an excellent Fat Beagle Rally there last week:D) earlier this summer but the mechanic thought we must have been speaking Italian and couldn't fix the problem. This week while camping in Houston the toilet quit working all together. Fortunately our very nice friends (emphasis on the nice) Loc and Courtenay showed up at the campground last night. Today Livio and Loc were able to fix the shoddy work that the previous owner had jerry-rigged (emphasis on "Jerry":p) and returned the toilet to its normal working order. This is a great relief to Livio. He will need it tonight especially after the seven Maragaritas that he had at the happy hour with our good friends (emphasis on nice looking and talented). Hopefully the previous owner and soon to be storage provider will be able to fix the black water dump valve that should have been fixed prior to our purchase. Oh well, you can't have everything so we will be content with our new best friends the McNews. They even have showed how to post things on the POG site. Did I mentioned that they are really talented.

Loc
09-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Pauline and Livio,

What a well written and wisely crafted post. It is a shame that you couldn't purchase a bus from a reputable owner, but Eric and Debbie beat you to it. Thanks for letting me use your computer. JDUB - BITE ME!:D

rfoster
09-06-2008, 10:36 PM
That is a well written and crafty Big Beagle Bash Post if I ever saw one.

Keep up the harsh previous owner stuff. I love it.

Joe Cannarozzi
09-07-2008, 12:53 AM
By the time you get back from Italy there will be a whole herd of sheep on board.

truk4u
09-07-2008, 08:47 AM
I am shocked! The toilet should be one thing that works well above all other items. The previous owner (Turd Boy) was the master of poo, the stink man, crap commander, doodee controller and blue flame snuffer.:p Just look at the previous owner and you can tell the toilet got a REAL workout. I think the factory up-sized all internal working parts.

BrianE
09-07-2008, 02:28 PM
All things considered, it may be worn out. :rolleyes:

MangoMike
09-07-2008, 02:48 PM
I am shocked! The toilet should be one thing that works well above all other items. The previous owner (Turd Boy) was the master of poo, the stink man, crap commander, doodee controller and blue flame snuffer.:p Just look at the previous owner and you can tell the toilet got a REAL workout. I think the factory up-sized all internal working parts.

Looks who's calling the crapper black.

mm

Jeff Bayley
09-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Sandrin-

I have a 97 Royal that had the same problem. I fixed it by putting a check valve inline between the green air pump and the toilet side. The picture shown is before the check valve. In my bus, the air pump is in the passenger side rear bay near the Aquahot. This is an alternate to replacing the pump itself which must have some worn out o-rings or something letting the air leak. I'm looking for the information on where I got the valve. If you want, email me and I'll dig deeper to see if I can find it. It solved the air leak 100%.

Here, I found the email thread which has the info on where and what to get. Here's three different email addresses I found in the old threads also. pstakes@swcontrols.com hchurch@swcontrols.com CGerlach@idexcorp.com

Note: I think Cliff was the guy from Gast (the manufacture of the air pump) and the other two @swcontrols.com where the people that Cliff referred me to to order the check valve.

(begin copy of thread)
Harry- (You wrote) Good morning Jeff,

Your order for the GAST AJ550 check valve has been placed with the factory. Your order number in "our system" is 1016345.

The GAST check valve [AJ550] that you ordered has 1/4" npt female threads. This part number is for the valve only there are no fittings with this part number. I would recommend that to purchase your fittings locally that way you can match it to your system.

RGDS,

Harry Church, Branch Manager, San Antonio Southwestern Controls fax 210+408-7055 ; mobile 210+723-1795 www.swcontrols.com

Harry- Thank you for your confirmation on my order this morning and you message. Please see the attached picture to confirm if you can also supply me with the necessary fittings to put this inline on the hose that is in the forward of the picture and connects directly to the Gast Pump. I would prefer to get everything from you instead of track down the parts. I am traveling in an RV. My assistant will overnight the parts to me when they received them at the address I’ve supplied to you. For me to find specialty hardware in constantly changing and unfamiliar territory is difficult. I would appreciate if you could supply everything I need to get the job done right. Just let me know what the charges are for the fittings. I sent a message below this prior to Gast manufacturing that you may find useful to read to be clear.

Thank you,

Jeff Bayley

Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2006 2:04 PM
To: Gerlach, Cliff
Subject: Follow up to check valve

Cliff-

I ordered a Gast check valve over the phone on either 7/14 or 7/13. Part number was AJ550 from Southwest Controls that you referred me to.

I failed to ask if there are connectors included to install inline on the tubing already in place. I don’t know what type of connectors are already on there but you have the emails of the tubing and type that I sent you a few days ago from this same email address jeff@skincarepro.com I believe the check valve is made to work with the existing size tubing which matches the Gast pump I have. I need to make sure I get some compression fittings or what ever I need if it doesn’t already come with the check valve. Can you advise if I need to specifiy another part number or if it comes complete with what I need ?

tdelorme
09-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Skiffer, are you collecting a membership fee from two Loc McNews? You should be as there are two of them out there. The one we know from Houston has his bus worked on by Birdland or Stewart & Stevenson and hasn't a clew about how to fix anything but a blender. The one described by the lady from Italy is the other one.
Oh wait, I figured it out. Loc, shame on you. Somehow you got this dear couple's password and started this thread using their member name. That is so wrong and low. The Jerry Rig statement gives you up Loc. Ain't no way that someone from Italy has ever used that phrase.
Whats next McNew, you gonna steal somebodies trash can out of their bus??

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Ted, it's all explained in the second sentence of post #2. :rolleyes::D

Loc
09-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Ted,

I am appalled. I help this nice couple from Italy fix their leaking air compressor. They have the good manners to write a post saying thanks and you assume that I wrote the post. Wow that hurts. The Birdland and S&S comment is way harsh. On the trash can that you left at my coach in Kerrville, I tried to return it but you were gone. I will keep it safe until I see you again. Don't try to thank me for keeping you trash can safe, I am only doing it for Jan.

Loc

Jerry Winchester
09-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Mel,

You nailed him dead on. Loc omitted the part where he called me wanting to know;

(1) How do you open that door to gain access to where that hissing is at? (standard Prevost bay door)

(2) This thing making all the noise, is that what they call an "air compressor"?

(3) There is a dealie that seems to be where the noise is coming from with a red button on it. (water trap in the air line)

(4) How do you stop that air leak (find the correct sized wrench, tighten the fitting)

(5) What does a wrench look like and where would I find one?

So you can see how my conversation went. Livio is just learning, but Loc? He's had a coach for how many years? I am headed to the airport at noon (taking Loc with me) to store the coach for Livio and Pauline in my hanger until after football season and I will try to teach Loc how to open those pesky bay doors and where the fuel door is just in case he can't find a full service truck stop and has to don a full body condom and put fuel in himself.

Just a humble servant - JDUB

Loc
09-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Another case of revisionist history. Whatever works for you big guy.

dalej
09-08-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm feeling for ya Loc :)

LSANDRIN
09-24-2008, 06:54 AM
:p All kidding aside, Loc came to the rescue. I will post a foto of Loc fixing the problem!!! Works perfect.

LSANDRIN
09-24-2008, 06:58 AM
Jerry, Loc,
You two are the greatest!! See you in December, and glad to hear that the coach is safe in your hangar.

Loc
09-24-2008, 07:28 AM
Pauline & Livio,

Just make sure it is the good photo. You know the one where I photoshopped my head onto the mobile RV repair guy's body. I hope that you are enjoying the view of the mountains from your balcony. I am getting the margarita machine tuned up for your return.

Loc

Loc
09-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Photographic evidence of something being repaired on the Crappy Royale.