PDA

View Full Version : Spearfish or Bust

truk4u
09-06-2008, 09:27 PM
OK you weenies, let's keep up with the traveling Pogger's making smoke on their way to the land of the Presidents...

Yours truly is in BF Kentucky, making sure I'm ahead of the Red Necks from TN. I'm in a Campground, but the TN crowd will be at Walmart.

Beware, the two Turd Boys could easily have their plane tickets purchased and will be heading for the Acme staging area outside of Spearfish.:rolleyes:

Drive safe...;)

rfoster
09-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Well Ga. Boy, The Tenn redneck is in Illinois Already!!! Kinda laid back with my feet up, watching big ass tv and slides out. Hammer down and you may catch us.. A1 went to NY to see somebody get married or some big fun thing. He will be playing catch up tool.

Yall keep it between the ditches.:cool:

rickdesilva
09-06-2008, 11:17 PM
travel safe & have fun, we're stuck in NJ swattin' mosquitos and dodging the remnants of hurricane Hanna.:(

dalej
09-07-2008, 07:12 AM
Tom, tell Nancy I said to keep you in line so you guys can make it to SD.

Drive Safe! See you soon.

When are you two arriving?

phorner
09-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Tom, you and Nancy look way too relaxed!

Wish we had been able to join you in the fun.

Have a safe trip......

truk4u
09-07-2008, 09:01 AM
King - I hate that your ahead of me, but I'll catch up when your slides won't retract.:D

Dale - Maybe on Wednesday, not sure, we have a stop to make enroute. Do you want us to stop by and drag you along? I usually go up 26 and 385.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-07-2008, 10:31 AM
I hope you clowns are off the road when we depart NY state.

I pick up my navigator in east OH, and then my lead man somewhere west of Cleveland. From that point on we will be tearing up the roads to Spearfish at 60.38 MPH

You guys apparently left early in you CC's so you had time to put the baling wire and duct tape to good use.

Jeff Bayley
09-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Hypotheitically speaking, does anyone know how far away a major airport is from Spearfish in case we wanted to consider flying in and staying at a hotel ? Maybe lame, but I would like to pick up on all the technical talk. We're just not going to be able to make the drive that far west right now. Once I get that far west from Florida, I'm going to want to stay a while and carry forward to California. Might be able to pull it off if there was a POG'er in the general neck of the woods or further west where I could leave my coach plugged in while we flew back to Florida for a couple of weeks the first part of October maybe.

Jim Skiff
09-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Jeff,

You can fly into Rapid City. There are also cabins to stay in at Elkhorn and they provide linens and towels.

There are quite a few flights out of Minneapolis to Rapid City. I was unable to find anything direct from the Northeast.

Let me know if you can make it.

Jim

Jim Skiff
09-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Anyone or any two that are even thinking about showing up in Spearfish, come on along!

Tom and Dale found us a fantastic spot for a rally and the cast of characters will make this one the best rallies ever!

Thursday is the potluck so show up with good grub!

Jim :D

truk4u
09-07-2008, 09:31 PM
A-1 - The King and I (I know you love that) are so far ahead of you we think your backing up!:D Ya better pick-up Jim C and give him some wheel time, that's the only way you'll get there by Thursday.:p

garyde
09-07-2008, 10:35 PM
I am going to leave Tuesday AM. I hope to catch Harry and Darl in Casper, Wyoming. Anyone else from the West Coast heading to Spearfish?

dalej
09-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Tom, where are you guys?

Jerry Winchester
09-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Dale,

I heard that Tom had a technical problem and would be held up for a day.

Seems the relay on the "Low Beer" light has malfunctioned (it defaults to "on") so they figured out after drinking a case of "Weasel Piss" that when they regained conscientiousness, there was a problem with the light.

The good news is that he only had to do this three times before he figured out there was an issue.

Ray Davis
09-08-2008, 03:40 PM
I am going to leave Tuesday AM

Gary, you're going!? That's good news. I thought when we last talked you weren't going to be able to make it.

Ray

dalej
09-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Just got my new Flying J cards in and Jan and I are ready to go buy some fuel and head Northwest! :)

See you guys Thursday!

truk4u
09-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Dale,

We're in your neck of the woods, working our way across NE way behind the King who is now probably somewhere in WY.

A-1 won't answer is freaking cell phone, I think Di makes him turn it off while driving so as not to interfere with the Best of the Lawrence Welk Show, he has the entire series. Ah one, ana two..

dalej
09-08-2008, 10:30 PM
If you get to exit 312 on I-80 let me know, we are 30 miles away.

garyde
09-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Gary, you're going!? That's good news. I thought when we last talked you weren't going to be able to make it.

Ray

Well, it was a choice of staying here and working or..........., Heck, I didn''t buy this coach just to watch it sit.

Sid Tuls
09-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Gary or Ray can you let me know how to get a picture of my bus by my signature I've tried for a hour and can't figure it out:confused:

hobobimmer
09-08-2008, 11:48 PM
[QUOTE:Yours truly is in BF Kentucky, making sure I'm ahead of the Red Necks from TN. I'm in a Campground, but the TN crowd will be at Walmart.
[/QUOTE]

I don't know where the other TN rednecks are, but we are taking the most direct route, I'm sure. We have been through TN, AR, TX, OK, TX, where we had blast in Kerrville at the very fat beagle bash, then to Ft Stockton, where we made a right turn. Since then, we have been through NM, CO, 4 corners, UT, AZ, where we saw the amazing Grand Canyon, CA, NV, OR, ID, OR, WA, ID, MT, where we are happily spending 2 nights in Missoula at Jim and Mary's campground (which we highly recommend). Will depart in the morning for Spearfish, via more of MT, ND, SD, WY, then SD. Great trip so far. As we started down the biggest mountain ever, Jay reminded us that when Jon left us all the wheels were still off our bus and that we had been the ones who had done all the work on the brake chambers and airbags by ourselves. Thankfully, we learned from the master and all functioned properly so far. But, that definitely added some anxiety to our first big mountain driving experences. We are looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days. Safe travels to all. Deb, Eric, Jay, and Radar.

rfoster
09-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Ok WEiner boys, there was no room in the inn in Chyenne, so we are hold up in Casper. Filled at the flying J = ready to roll on up the hill to Yellowstone in the AM. This night driving ain't for me except we went from Eastern Time to Mountain Time and gained two hours. I had the hammer down and got in here before the ghost came out.

Casper, that is the ghost town name thing right?

Plan to be in West Yellowstone Montana for supper Tue nite.

Heard from Harry and Shirley= They are leaving Reno in the am with Darl and Martha.

Coloradobus
09-09-2008, 01:04 AM
Roger,

Are you staying at Grizzly Rv Park in West Yellowstone? Nice place.

From Caspar, its best to head on the two lane (26) to Shoshoni, and then turn north to Thermopolis, and then to Cody and west towards the East Gate of Yellowstone.
Your GPS may want to to head north from the Fishing Bridge, to Canyon Village and to WEst Yell by way of Norris and Madison jct.
Take it from us, once you pass over the Fishing Bridge and get to the intersection, go south towards West thumb and onto Old Faithful, its quicker to get to Madison jct and West Yell.

If your coming to Spearfish./ I would recommend heading north out of West Y on Rt 191 towards Bozeman. ( 90 miles) At the FourCorners, there in the Gallatin valley turn east on Huffine Lane which is actually West Main st thru Downtown Bozeman and on the east side of downtown is I-90.

It will take you ever so long to drive back thru the park to get on the roads to Spearfish. what ever you do have fun and safe travels.

Ray Davis
09-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Sid,

When you have time and are in front of your computer, give me a call and I'll walk you through it.

949-463-0707

Gary! All I can say is "Amen to that!" Have a great trip. Travel safely everyone!

Ray

Ray Davis
09-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Imagine, send at least 1/2 the POG forum heading out to a rally, and boy is this forum quiet. I can here the S60's running towards Spearfish, all the way back here in CA! :rolleyes:

OK, maybe not. But it sure is quiet!

Ray

Jim Skiff
09-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Ken and Janet Zittrer and Brian Esler are here!

Ray Davis
09-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Looks like you've got yourselves a "RALLY". Alright. Looks like a nice place. Paved roads, concrete pads. Blue sky!!!

Nice!

Sid Tuls
09-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Kinda makes you want to get the bus out and wash it. Keep sending pictures. Can't wait to go to the next one.

Thanks Ray for helping me with my signature picture!!:D

dalej
09-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Nice photo Sid, be sure and change it often so we can see other views of your wifes bus.:)

Ken, I see...you hold up the end of the brush and look busy, while Janet wipes it dry. :)

Sid Tuls
09-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Dale this is the side she cleaned!! Will keep ya posted. Have a great time at the rally. The pictures on this page are great for those of us that couldn't make it:( Dale how far are you from Shelby,NE? I have a nephew out there in the dairy business. I try to get up there every 2 years for a member-guest golf tourment. Be safe.

dalej
09-09-2008, 08:53 PM
We're 98 miles from Shelby. We take hwy. 30 quite a bit.

bluevost
09-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Dale,

I work the brush and the pressure washer. She works the towel. Honest!!

See you here,

Ken

Loc
09-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Hey Brian nice shot washing the bus. Fess up, I know that Beverly was really doing all the work. The bus looks good.

Jim Skiff
09-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Capt. Mogul and Sandy, Dan and Jo and POGMAN

Jim Skiff
09-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Tom & Nancy

dreamchasers
09-10-2008, 07:31 PM
What is the cylinder on the cart with the hoses connected to it? It is a pretty blue. Does it make our coach run faster? I want one!

Hector

flyu2there
09-10-2008, 11:58 PM
What is the cylinder on the cart with the hoses connected to it? It is a pretty blue. Does it make our coach run faster? I want one!

Hector

Hector,

That looks to me like a Semi-Vascular Schizofrenometer with the Powder Coat Blue Option, although Truk appears to have it attached to the improper hose. He really needs the 5677764532224.M4 hose. I cannot tell from the photo, but it looks like he might have the magnifying laser guided taco sensor
boroscope option; looks like he is reading himself to examine a black waste valve.

Have fun guys.............

John

MangoMike
09-11-2008, 02:35 AM
Man looks like fun.

Wish my taco brother and I were there.

mm

Jim Skiff
09-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Jay, Debbie & Eric Faires

Jim Skiff
09-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Mary Kay & Alan Hann

Jim Skiff
09-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Karen & Orren Zook

Jim Skiff
09-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Jon & Diane Wehrenberg

Jim Skiff
09-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Jim Chaloupka

Jerry Winchester
09-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Mike,

I hear the ACME truck made it to Spearfish......

Loc
09-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Jim,

Nice job on the pictures. It is nice to put names with faces.

Jim Skiff
09-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Tom and Nancy Chilcote got hit! :eek:

Jim Skiff
09-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Jerry and Mike have done it again! Here with Jon Wehrenberg.
:D

Jim Skiff
09-11-2008, 11:25 AM
POG Surprise. Here with Jim Chaloupka and Jon. Mango greets Dan Smith with a handshake.
Truk is still in his PJs

Jim Skiff
09-11-2008, 11:26 AM
More morning greetings.

Jim Skiff
09-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Some more. Tom and Nancy view POG shirts they haven't earned.

rmboies
09-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Some more. Tom and Nancy view POG shirts they haven't earned.

Oh Skiff, Tom and Nancy have more then earned POG shirts, did you bring their size?? Great photos, please keep them coming and wish we could be there!!

Jim Skiff
09-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Debi,

Only 4 people have earned those shirts........more later.

Jim :rolleyes:

Jim Skiff
09-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Folks may know Brian came stag to Spearfish, what's up with the bra and thong found dangling from his coach this morning? :o

MangoMike
09-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Folks may know Brian came stag to Spearfish, what's up with the bra and thong found dangling from his coach this morning? :o

I can explain that.

It belongs to JDUB.

mm

Jim Skiff
09-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Mike,

You might have something there. The bra looks to be about the right size.
Not too sure about the thong though.

:p

rmboies
09-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Debi,

Only 4 people have earned those shirts........more later.

Jim :rolleyes:

Ok, well, do I really want to know??:eek:

Jim Skiff
09-11-2008, 07:53 PM
http://www.prevost-stuff.com/spearfishsignup_Prevost.htm

:D

BrianE
09-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Oh goody! D cup mole mounds :D

truk4u
09-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Brian,

Beverly is never going to buy this!:D

garyde
09-11-2008, 11:45 PM
I Pulled in at noon today, having met up with Harry and Darl in Casper, wyomong last night. I hadn't evn set the parking brake when Jdub and Mango pulled up! Everyone is pulling in and washing off the grime of the road. This is a great park in a beautiful setting.

Jim Skiff
09-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Here are some images from the potluck.
http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/photoalbums/index.cfm?fuseaction=photoalbum.photoalbum&photoalbumid=1330

rmboies
09-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Hey Jim

I was hoping that this was what you were referring too by saying only four people have earned those shirts.....however, you missed one!! You need to include yourself:D Bob and I were just discussing the topic that a special award needed to be given but I guess we are too late with that idea--ha!

rmboies
09-12-2008, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE=Jim Skiff;34802]Here are some images from the potluck. I'll be adding captions later in the day to help identify members.]

Jim, lovin' the pics, please keep sending!

Hey Terry and Kris, you sure do have a gorgeous coach:D I think I have seen it somewhere before but with that gorgeous trailer behind it I could be wrong! We are envious that you get to hang out with our POG friends and we sure wish we could be there. Be kind to these newbies ya'll and have a great time!!

Debi and Bob-XX as Mango now refers to him!

Joe Cannarozzi
09-12-2008, 09:55 AM
How long is that stacker behind the XLII?

PLSNTVLE2
09-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi Debi: Kris and I are having a great time as expected. This is truly a wonderful group. The Black Hills have always been one of my favorite places. Cant wait to get the bike out and do some sight seeing.

Joe: That stacker is a 24' all aluminum Rance.

Jerry Winchester
09-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Well Mike and I hated to hit and run, but you can't imagine how much crap I have taken for leaving my chicks in Houston while hanging out with the sheep hearders in ND.

Good to see everyone, especially the Krakman. And before you ask, I am on the plane headed to OKC meet the girls

Jim Skiff
09-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Jon Wehrenberg, Tom Chilcote, Harry Hoppe, Todd Moe and Ida Marie
Snorteland.

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com//photoalbums/index.cfm?fuseaction=slideshow.photoalbum&photoalbumid=1332

truk4u
09-12-2008, 10:26 PM
While Jdub and Mango are blowing up sheep and spending a lot of time together in their cozy cabin, Rae is on the Interstate trying to get out of Houston!:rolleyes: That may explain his last post, thinking he was in ND instead of SD.:D

garyde
09-12-2008, 10:45 PM
We had a heck of a good session on Electrical systems on our Coaches. Each Convertor does their Coach wiring differently, some Coaches are all 12 volts for lighting and Inverter Loads. Other coaches have 24 volt electrical systems for lighting and inverter loads. Its very helpful to view a coach system with a group of informed owners. Everyone has questions which helps to clarify issues.

rickdesilva
09-13-2008, 07:51 AM
Keep sending pictures. It lets us see what we are missing here in the Garden State of NJ. I don't see any plastic coaches...what happned to Jonnie or did you make him park some where else?

Sid Tuls
09-13-2008, 08:40 PM
I agree with Rick keep sending more pictures!! It would be neat if you could get pictures of all the coaches at the ralley. Hope you all have a great time!!

Jim Skiff
09-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Here are some images from this morning.

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com//photoalbums/index.cfm?fuseaction=photoalbum.photoalbum&photoalbumid=1335

garyde
09-13-2008, 09:11 PM
No Plastic Coach visitors, but someone did stop by yesterday who was interested in buying a Prevost in the near furure.
I saw a Newell pulled in today. We'll see if he comes by our sites tomorrow.

dale farley
09-14-2008, 01:18 AM
A few shots I made in Black Hills National Park today. Most were in the area of Roughlock Falls. It rained most of the afternoon, so the weather was not ideal for photos but some nice scenery overall.

rfoster
09-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Beautiful Photos Dale, they are great.

Mango and Jdub paying homage:
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CIMG4062.jpg
They washed my bus too - can you believe it?

Then my "Pals" honored me with an award for hanging a bay door on the bat cave entrance.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CIMG4080.jpg

Then the moon comes out and they turn back into the little devils we all know and love:
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CIMG4081.jpg
Mick, we've been hit!

rfoster
09-14-2008, 11:55 AM
One of the more momentous moments at Spearfish the first night was Jim C. award the finger award to Jon. It was great!
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CIMG4076.jpg
Congratulations!

Jim Skiff
09-14-2008, 05:52 PM
POG Members rallied around Terry Farrell when he discovered an inside tire blowout. Dale Juranek and Jon Wehrenberg led the charge (and the tools) for the fix. Tom Chilcote provided a tire, at the POG discount of course.

See the photo album here:

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/photoalbums/index.cfm?fuseaction=photoalbum.photoalbum&photoalbumid=1337

Captions by Jon Wehrenberg. Thanks A-1!

Jim Skiff
09-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Slideshow of Tire Change Though Not in Chronological Order:

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/public/index.cfm?fuseaction=articles.view&id=5896&publicationtype=Articles

rickdesilva
09-14-2008, 07:24 PM
That's the great thing about the POG organization, there is always someone to cover your butt, lend advice, help you out or attempt to help you out when you need it. That had to be an eyeopener, hauling a stacker with a flat. When did Terry find out that he had a flat and how long did he figure he traveled pulling that stacker with the flat? Inquiring minds want to know:)

Denny
09-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Again, the need for a tire monitoring system is demonstrated. Fortunately, everything worked out for the better but what could have happened if the tire came apart or caught fire?

Looks like everyone is having a great time at the rally! Keep the pics coming.

Ray Davis
09-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Wow, it looks like everyone is having a great time. Sorry we couldn't make it. Just returned from weekend in New Jersey and New York. Am looking forward to the next one!

Keep the pictures coming!

Ray

ps: If possible, add names under the bus pictures, so we can associate the buses with the members!

Jim Skiff
09-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Jimmy C. got some visitors.
:eek:

Jim Skiff
09-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Here are a few images from last night's dinner and a link to the photo album.

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com//photoalbums/index.cfm?fuseaction=slideshow.photoalbum&photoalbumid=1339

bonhall41
09-16-2008, 12:34 AM
I'm having withdrawal symptoms--no Spearfish photos from today. Also, names would be nice so we can put a face with the names we read. Looks as if y'all are having way too much fun.
Also, I'm glad the OSU fans weren't too embarrassed by the Buckeyes' performance on Saturday night to still wear their team gear.
Keep the photos coming so we can see what we're missing. :D

Bonnie

Jim Skiff
09-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Nice countryside out here.

Jim Skiff
09-16-2008, 10:40 AM
POG raised $4543.00 for a local Battered Women shelter called Artemis House. More pictures to follow in an album.

Jim Skiff
09-16-2008, 11:57 AM
The South Dakota State Troopers are here to weigh coaches and trailers.
Dale and Jan Juranek were instrumental in setting this up. More picture to follow.

MangoMike
09-16-2008, 12:51 PM
$ 4543!!!!

Holy Crap that's a big number, especially based on the limited number of folks at the Rally, and no spare mustaches to shave.

Let's shoot for $10k in Oklahoma City. I'll make sure Winchester is there w/ his facial hair.

Congratulations.

Mango Mike

Joe Cannarozzi
09-16-2008, 12:52 PM
I think those troopers are going to be suprised when they see those weights come in.

Ditto Mike, that was very generous of all who participated.

Jim Skiff
09-16-2008, 01:47 PM
This is an image of the participating State Troopers.
Left to right: Jeff Rutz, Vicki Kracht, Larry Bryant and Gary Erickson.

dreamchasers
09-16-2008, 05:53 PM
Anybody care to share what the axle weights, front, rear and tag for these coaches?

I have not made it to Flying J yet for axle weights.

Jim Skiff
09-16-2008, 06:01 PM
He is the photo album of today's coach weigh in:

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com//photoalbums/index.cfm?fuseaction=slideshow.photoalbum&photoalbumid=1343

Joe Cannarozzi
09-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Did anyone go over 20000 on the drives and if so what was the reaction?

What was the biggest difference from one side to another?

I feel sorry for the truckers that get stopped tomorrow, those guys will have to be making up for today.:eek:

Kevin Erion
09-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Are you going to post some weights or keep it a big secret?

tdelorme
09-16-2008, 08:20 PM
I am amazed that Dale and Jan got the Troopers to come out to the park and weigh all the coaches. Just a real nice thing for them to do. My first thought was what were they going to do if a coach was way overweight. But I guess being on private property and being invited would take care of that.
So a bus load of sheep made weight with no problem??

Jerry Winchester
09-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Mel,

They are actually helium filled sheep, so they are weight negative and thus help the Krakman's Low Beer Light issue.

garyde
09-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Everyone got their own weight sheet so I can only speak for mine. The front axle weight was 8800lbs left/8400lb RT. The drive was 11000lbs left/9650lbs RT. The Tag is 7100 lft/ 6100 Rt.
The rating for my Coach is : Front 17200, Drive 22500 Tag 14000
I had full water tank, 1/2 full waste tank and 1/2 full deisel.

My tires are rated at 9480 lbs each for the front 365's, and 6940 lbs each for the ear 315's.

So on the axles, I am at or near top at front , 950lbs under on drive, and 800 lbs under on tag.

garyde
09-16-2008, 10:46 PM
We had the State troopers stay and speak with us afterwards . They do not really keep an eye out for RV's unless they are in an accident. They have their hands full watching out for the commercial trucks and buses.
Their suggestions were to have your bus inspected by a certified mechanic annually. Maintain Tires and air pressure, check brakes and air systems. Keep speeds to a controled rate.

Joe Cannarozzi
09-16-2008, 10:54 PM
I think those troopers got an education today.:o

They learned just as much as the members did.

I'm sure you all represented us wonderfully.:)

I bet you all had a blast. Dale needs something more than a T-shirt for pulling that off.

Orren Zook
09-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Joe,

The SD-DOT guys didn't waste any time recovering the lost revenue from this morning.... Karen and I went to Devil's Tower WY after lunch and the same group that put on our seminar were setting up fro business in the east bound rest area on I-90 about 12 miles from here.

Our coach weighed in at 6300LF, 6000RF, 8900LD, 9450 RD, 4400 LT, 4400 RT for a total of 44100 pounds. i had half tank of fuel and maybe half full of water.

Joe Cannarozzi
09-16-2008, 11:15 PM
Gary you are a hoot:eek:

Near the top on the steers but about a 1000 to go on the back? yikes:eek:

That is right there all the way around driver, were they suprised at some of those weights?

Gary were any questions or comments made about being 2000 more on your L-rear than your other side.

What was the combined gross weight of the XLV with the stacker?

So what was the Maximum gross weight for the motorhome as they saw it?

Kevin Erion
09-16-2008, 11:25 PM
Gary, when they weight you, did you have your slides in or out?
Thanks for the info!

rfoster
09-16-2008, 11:42 PM
2 Slides in, Approximately 180 gals fuel, full of water, emtpy waste tanks, enough clothes for a month or two, full frig and me. My Weights:
steer axle 8050 rf 8550 lf, 16600 total front
drive axle10600 rd, 10300 ld 20900 total drive
tag axle 6500 rt, 6000 lt 12500 total tag
50000 total bus.

My axle ratings front 20000
drive 21400
tag 12600
total 54000

Bus equipped with 385 Michelins on the front rated at 9800 lbs each at 105psi.

Joe Cannarozzi
09-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Gary you are 1000lbs heavier than Rodger, what are you hauling around in there:eek:

Rodger, I would never have guessed that lite for yours, and good move to check it full of fuel and water.

2 double slides, Mr. CC comes in lighter than Mr. Liberty:o It's all in the A/C components!

Joe Cannarozzi
09-17-2008, 12:42 AM
Orren We are very similar weights but we ALL seem to come in heavier on the drivers side.

Gary, Rodger are your generators and fridges both on the pass. side?

JIM KELLER
09-17-2008, 06:57 AM
2 Slides in, Approximately 180 gals fuel, full of water, emtpy waste tanks, enough clothes for a month or two, full frig and me. My Weights:
steer axle 8050 rf 8550 lf, 16600 total front
drive axle10600 rd, 10300 ld 20900 total drive
tag axle 6500 rt, 6000 lt 12500 total tag
50000 total bus.

My axle ratings front 20000
drive 21400
tag 12600
total 54000

Bus equipped with 385 Michelins on the front rated at 9800 lbs each at 105psi.

Roger, Nice numbers ! Isn't it a warm comfortable feeling to be under the GVWR on all axles. Those Country Coach boys know how to build them !

truk4u
09-17-2008, 09:41 AM
For most of us, if you're full of water and fuel, you're over weight on the axles and possibly GVW! I was full of water and 3/4 fuel.

Actual

Max

Jim Skiff
09-17-2008, 10:16 PM
We just had a great rally in Spearfish. The best people you could ask for and contributions in so many ways from all members. You just couldn't ask for a better group of people....anywhere.......anytime.

If you missed it, come join us at a mini-rally or in OKC!

Jim :D

Sid Tuls
09-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Jim, are there going to be any mini rallys on the west coast in the near future?

rfoster
09-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Joe C. Yes my frig, generator, inverters, and house batteries are all on the passenger side, plus my tool box, not much of any thing significant weight wise on the drivers side with the exception of two slides.

Jim Keller: Yes it feels good and even rode and drove better today knowing the weights.

Ray Davis
09-18-2008, 12:08 AM
Jim, are there going to be any mini rallys on the west coast in the near future?

Sid, we put together two events last year locally. One in the ORA outside of Temecula, and another weekend thing in Chula Vista, CA.

If you're up for it, I'll make sure to include you in the next one! Mini-rallies are up to us members to plan.

Ray

dalej
09-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Here is a group photo...

Sitting L-R, Martha, Kristen, Dani, Jan, Janet, Karen, Nancy, Dale, Brian, Gary

Kneeling, Orren, Chris

Standing L-R, Darl, Terry, Gary, Jay, Shirley, Harry, Tom, Roger, Ken, Dan, Micki, Sandy, Di, Ed, Debbie, Eric, Mary Kay, Jon, Allen, Jim, Dale Jim, Paulette

Coloradobus
09-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Kevin,

Since we were the only "H", here is our weights from the Great Rally Weigh In.

Left Front.......8400
Right Front.....8600

Left Driver....10,700
Right Driver...10,300

Left Tag.......6800
Right Tag......6400

We had full fresh water. missing 1/4 tank of fuel out of 235 max gallons, empty holding tanks.

Grand Total Coach Weight 51,200 lbs.

Total average miles to the gallon going to and coming from Spearfish at 63 mph was 7.2 mpg towing Rover.

dalej
09-18-2008, 02:16 PM
This is how are bus ended up. It was full of fuel and fresh water, the grey tank was empty and black had 1/2. We are pulling a 24' V-nose trailer with a Lincoln Aviator and Harley.

Left Steer, 6,600 Right Steer, 6,400 Total, 13,000

Left Drive, 10,200 Right Drive, 9,400 Total, 19,600

Left Tag, 4,950 Right Tag, 4,500 Total, 9,450

Total Bus, 42,050

Trailer has four tires with 8,100 total.

Air pressure calls for.... Steer with 315's, 90 psi, Actual used, 100
Drive with 12R's, 80 psi, Actual used, 90
Tag with 12R's 75 psi, Actual used, 90

I might start to lower my psi after I hear that others are doing it. :)

MangoMike
09-18-2008, 05:15 PM

We just want to set the record straight.

truk4u
09-18-2008, 11:12 PM
King,

This guy talking to Harry was seen later at Spearfish with a fuel can and hose!

dalej
09-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Ed told me that Sandy was on the wagon and we should get it recorded.

garyde
09-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Gary, when they weight you, did you have your slides in or out?
Thanks for the info!
Sorry, I was driving home for two days. The slides were in.
The weight in the front; two A/C units behind the bumper, the 4- 8d batterries in middle of bay #2, 1-small air compressor, TV, cook range, fridge.

The Drive Axles ;
drivers side; Bay #3 OTR fan & motor
'' '' Bay #4 Generator/Waste tank
Passenger side
Bay #3 OTR Radiator, fans, tanks
Bay #4 Fresh water, Hot water tanks, pump

I also was sitting in the drivers seat : 235 lbs. , and my dog Kiva : 70 lbs.

Rogers front bumper was almost empty, only a small air compressor.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
09-20-2008, 12:40 AM
And I didn't fall off of the wagon either!!!! Thanks, Dale.

sandy

hobobimmer
09-20-2008, 01:32 AM
Joe,

The SD-DOT guys didn't waste any time recovering the lost revenue from this morning.... Karen and I went to Devil's Tower WY after lunch and the same group that put on our seminar were setting up fro business in the east bound rest area on I-90 about 12 miles from here.

We saw the SD-DOT crew working a place on I-90 east on Wednesday (near Sturgis) after we left Spearfish rally. One recognized our bus and waved.

It was very nice of Dale/Jan to organize their visit and weigh-in. Thanks.

eric faires
huntsville, TN