PDA

View Full Version : Motosat dish/ TV only wanted (or advise)

Jeff Bayley
09-03-2008, 03:00 PM
I've currently got an 18" non in motion dish with a Motosat Nomad 1 controller. I'm at mt wit's end figuring out what the problem is. Errects, searches, but never locks on to to signal. New LNB. LNB light is on. thinking the allignment from LNB arm might be tweaked or out of allignment. Does anyone have a Motosat dish (in motion or not) for sale? Have controller.

lewpopp
09-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Jeff,

Call Motosat in Utah. 1-800-247-7486. Now remember they are 3 hours behind us.

I have a relatively new Motosat Executive dish and had to get a new brainbox. It is the Nomad 2. Now, every so often I have to update the controller because the stations make changes (so I'm told).

I had to get it reprogrammed in April after I took a short trip and it lost its' capabilities to zero in on the satellite.

I was sent a module to put on the back of the Nomad 2 and did something else and I was good to go. All i had to pay was the mail. Of course I wanted it "tout de suite" so it cost me $17 lewbucks to get it here overnite from Utah.

Now, Just yesterday I took a short jaunt and it lost it's programming again. I talked to them and they talked me through the process and sometimes they can get it to work during this process. Mine would not, it lost it's programming.

They did not have a program module to send me and I could purchase a cable( you'll have to ask them what it is) and reprogram it thru my computer. This would be good for the future problems. I won't have to send for the module.

I hope this helps you and I didn't ramble like you do, ha ha.

I expect to receive the cable and disc tomorrow.

Orren Zook
09-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Jeff, on another note are you still looking for a recon 8V92for your Angola? An acquaintance with a charter fleet has one for sale, they have finished te conversion to the S60 engine in their fleet.

lewpopp
09-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Jeff, I received the proper cable to reprogram the Nomad 2 today. $13 plus freight. Had to go to Radio Shack for the adapter to the tune of $34 and we are all programed and watching TV again, I can do my own next time without sending for the module.

Jeff Bayley
09-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Orren- I DO need a engine for the Angola still. Thank you for remembering. But it's a series 60 not the 8V92 that it needs. Anyone else who can keep their ear to the ground for me, much appreciated.

Lew- I took the bus to Lazy Days and wasted two hours of labor thinking those "experts" could get it jump started. Now I see more and more why everyone would just as soon work on the buses themselves. After calling Motosat, they recommended the same thing your talking about with the update plug. I recall doing this once before, but I totally forgot about it when the Sat. stopped working this time. So the update plug is on it's way to me for the 2nd time. Thanks for the answer though. By the way, I'm trying to work on making shorter replies. I still have a ways to go.

lewpopp
09-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Jeff,

I will only charge you i hour labor for not listening to me. I may be the the most computer challenged in the group, but if I mention some facts, dammit LISTEN.

The next time you need to reproigram the dish or the Nomad, call them and go thru the same process. Part of the process you can forget about is going to Lazy Days.

Amen

rahangman
06-11-2009, 03:22 AM
I have recently gone through the same problems you all have with my MotoSat system. I had them send the cable first out and still had trouble with the satellite. Visited a Motosat Dealer and he was unable to get the download to "take" on the Nomad 2 so I bought a new Nomad 2 from him (think $$$). New one worked. Dealer suggested using the module next time. I then called MotoSat in SLC and they said "Send it to us" I did, they fixed it with a new microprocesser and returned it. Postage $18, Microprocessor $10, and no labor charges. Now I have an extra and a cable . Hope I don't need either.