PDA

View Full Version : Out With The Carpet

Joe Cannarozzi
08-31-2008, 09:39 AM
Any with and many without dogs I'm sure have pondered this.

Pergo a project just completed with an H345 Royal

We pulled everything seats, throttle, brake

The small rise between levels was also done in Pergo, marble.

The transition to kitchen granite

This is Lucia and Alek's bus. They are a couple of hours away so I spent a few overnights getting this done. They were VERY WONDERFUL hosts. Lucia produced endless food and Alek endless tools.

This is the third bus I have upgraded or repaired that the owners have had a hand in with me and although not nessessary I prefer doing things that way cause when it is done I know they are satisfied.

Alek is for sure a better finish carpenter than I and I picked up a lot. That last photo is some welting that Lucia sewed up to really give the job that quality finished look. The kitchen chairs were taken to the bed and replaced with the drivers and passengers seats. One of the couches was opened into a bed, stood on its side and slid into the hallway and that opened the cockpit and 2/3 the frontroom nothing was removed from the bus and we did not double move anything, it was a mess for a few days though.

The bedroom got the same floor.

Lew thanks for the tips. If thinking about doing this plan for much extra flooring for waste and about 3 times as long as you figure:eek:

jello_jeep
08-31-2008, 10:01 AM
Nice work Joe! You sure you are Italian? :)

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-31-2008, 10:22 AM
That job sure looks first class.
Lucia I like the welting!

Alek&Lucia
08-31-2008, 12:58 PM
If anybody needs anything done to his bus, just call Joe !!!

More photos of the project,

Alek

Joe Cannarozzi
08-31-2008, 01:04 PM
Deb and I have talked about this wood flooring too but we have a few major interior changes to make before we can do it. I am going to install a new ceiling in ours someday. Alek will be there. I did not think it would be nice for me to put those pics. up Alex. It has to get ugly before it gets done.

We decided to sign our work.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Fantastic job. It is very clear how much attention to detail was given. I hope to see it someday.

garyde
08-31-2008, 06:02 PM
I have been considering doing the same to my Coach. Looks great Alek, Lucia and Joe.

phorner
09-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Looks great Joe!

You guys did a fantastic job.

Loc
09-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Joe,

The floor looks great. Do you make roadcalls to Texas?

Loc

bonhall41
09-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Looks great, Joe. You do nice work. If we need some work done on the bus, we'll definitely work out something for January.

Bonnie

hhoppe
09-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Hey you guys gonna take all the credi? I'll bet Lucia really had to keep an eye on you two birds. It really looks professional and adds much beauty to the coach. I had "pro's" put granite flooring in my first coach and before long hairline cracks appeared. Granite is ok but please check with your converter for details on underlayment and thickness before attempting it. The wood Alek and Joe used is a safer and lighter weight choice.

lewpopp
09-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Joe, you did a nice job on the floor. Almost as good as mine, ha ha.

Mine has lasted over 5 years and still looks like new.

Alek&Lucia
09-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Joe,

Start printing your business cards. New opportunity is knocking on your doors !!!!

Alek