PDA

View Full Version : OTR Air Conditioner Filter

dale farley
08-29-2008, 06:32 PM
I cleaned the condensers on my OTR Air before I left home in May, so I know they are located under the bus. I am wondering if there are filters anywhere inside the bus for the two OTR AC zones? I know where the filters are for my 3 roof airs, but I looked in the manual, and I see no mention of filters for the OTR units.

truk4u
08-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Yep, you have one.

dale farley
08-30-2008, 12:43 AM
Tom, I think you might know what my next question is. Where is the filter?

JIM KELLER
08-30-2008, 07:43 AM
Yep, you have one.

Dale, What kind of a guy would give you that kind of answer ! Let's see, 8:57 p.m. Yep, he must have been drinking !

Jon Wehrenberg
08-30-2008, 08:45 AM
Look at this. Three CC guys, all with similar vintage coaches, and none of the three have yet come up with an answer about where the filters are.

Maybe when the west coast plastic shield coach owners wake up they can give you right side guys the answer.

Which one of you guys is Larry, Moe or Curly?

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Maybe Dale is the only one with OTR air equipped bus??

wrongagain
08-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Do you mean the one hidden in the wall in the second bay, drivers side, towards the rear.
Or whatever the bay in front of your equipment is.
Search around in the carpeted wall you will see 2 or 3 screws about 2 feet in from the outside.
Mine was hidden in plain site, I knew it was there, couldnt find it, called marathon and with them on the phone it still took a second to find it, because it is behind a nifty little carpeted built in box.
Thats if we are talking about the same thing.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-30-2008, 09:25 AM
They have what CC calls their OTR. If I am not mistaken it has a compressor driven from the fan gear box and has a condenser located ahead of the drive axle, cleverly positioned so an owner cannot access the air dryer cartridge.

It is not Prevost OTR.

dale farley
08-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Just for the record. My previous bus was a Marathon (which we all know is a couple notches ahead of Liberty); and it took me a while to find the filters for the Cruise Airs, but after a couple calls to Marathon and some input from other Marathon owners, I did get this information.

I am totally aware that CC has probably incorporated such extreme technology advances that there may be no need for traditional filters on the OTR Air. The electronic sensors, air purifiers and variety of hi-tech filtering devices may be all that is required. I just wanted to make sure that I don't need to spend a lot of time looking for something that is not required.

At least, I don't have to replace my sewer drain every time I run over a pine cone. CC is smart enough to place the drain above the frame of the coach; unlike some other converters.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Dale,

You sound like you are selling that coach. That was quite a sales pitch.

Now that Roger has gone over to the really really dark side I have to practice trying to hold my own against you guys.

So far he hasn't got the plexiglass bug catcher, but it won't be long.

Before you start picking on sewer drains keep in mid ours will flow when the valve is open, and to open the valve we just push a button. When the King was demonstrating his new CC, one of the comments he made was relative to the sewer, its connection point and how it operates. I'll let him elaborate if he chooses to.

Have you considered there may not be any filters because the system usually doesn't work, so there is no sense carrying around more stuff than necessary? I think Ray Davis entertained us with his stories about the saga he went through, and filters were never on his mind.

dale farley
08-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Jon, I considered installing one of those push-button drains, but after reading about others having to periodically change them, I decided to stick to the simple design of just pulling the handle. Even if I sometimes have to push the handle in to increase the drainage!

CC looked at the OTR Air in a practical manner. Why use Prevost OTR Air that is designed to keep a bus full of 50 people cool but uses 10% of the engine's power and reduces MPG proportionatly. CC just installed a simple system that is efficient and economical and does the job. If I ever have to replace it, I won't have the $50,000 bill that the Prevost OTR Air demands.

Of course, we can debate the pros and cons of the different converters, but I think the winner of this contest has been decided:

When we consider that Roger (the known King of Bling), who may be the richest guy on the forum, and has untold years of experience in purchasing vehicles of all kinds-------when we consider that he could have bought any Prevost he wanted (new or used),,,,,,and his ultimate choice was a Country Coach------what more can be or should be said!!!!!!!!!!! Roger has moved CC to its rightful standing in the hierarchy of the Prevost world.

This should be the absolute end of this debate. If you don't believe it, just ask any CC owner.

JIM KELLER
08-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Jon, I considered installing one of those push-button drains, but after reading about others having to periodically change them, I decided to stick to the simple design of just pulling the handle. Even if I sometimes have to push the handle in to increase the drainage!

CC looked at the OTR Air in a practical manner. Why use Prevost OTR Air that is designed to keep a bus full of 50 people cool but uses 10% of the engine's power and reduces MPG proportionatly. CC just installed a simple system that is efficient and economical and does the job. If I ever have to replace it, I won't have the $50,000 bill that the Prevost OTR Air demands.

Of course, we can debate the pros and cons of the different converters, but I think the winner of this contest has been decided:

When we consider that Roger (the known King of Bling), who may be the richest guy on the forum, and has untold years of experience in purchasing vehicles of all kinds-------when we consider that he could have bought any Prevost he wanted (new or used),,,,,,and his ultimate choice was a Country Coach------what more can be or should be said!!!!!!!!!!! Roger has moved CC to its rightful standing in the hierarchy of the Prevost world.

This should be the absolute end of this debate. If you don't believe it, just ask any CC owner.
WOW ! WHAT MORE COULD BE SAID !

Jon Wehrenberg
08-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Well, I know what more can be said. Like the Liberty salesman said of Roger when he drove away in the CC. He said "he will be back".

There's a Liberty out there with Roger's name on it. Then what are you guys going to say?

tdelorme
08-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Jon, a quick question. Do you have to pull on some stinking handle to dump?

NO ??

Oh, I see, I didn't think so. Like all LIBERTYS, you just flip a switch.

What, you can do that without even getting out of the coach?? WOW, how cool is that.

dale farley
08-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Now that Roger has a CC, it will be so long and he will be so old before he starts looking for another bus, we will just chalk it up to senility if he buys another Liberty.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Mel,

These other folks don't have a clue. Jealous. That's what they are.

truk4u
08-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Just to get the record straight Jon Boy, the A/C compressor is NOT driven by the fan gear box and the air dryer is nowhere near the condenser::rolleyes:

What are you smoking?:p

lewpopp
08-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Ted,

The only thing that Jon can do well is try to make a "U" turn and block the traffic without getting out of the coach.

He'll deny it, but the Florida Highway Patrol has pictures that he knows nothing about. In fact they have a movie of it. They don't snap single pictures anymore.

Now, I guess I'm SOL if I want any help from him.

tdelorme
08-30-2008, 10:29 PM
But. Lew, I'm sure I remember Jon said that never happened. Surely he would not be less than truthful about such an event. Pictures ? A MOVIE you say ? Must have happened that time when he let that JDUB character drive his bus. Yep, that's it, Winchester did it.

rfoster
08-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Whoa!, Boys, Whoa! Not rich here, blessed yes, but not to the tune of buying any Prevost new or used, no way, no how. Boy I saw some gorgeous used and new Libertys, but they are out of my league. Plus I do like used. As Jon reminds us all - the biggest expense to bus ownership is the depreciation. I couldn't stand / survive the depreciation of the newer coaches. So hopefully that will set the record straight on that. Remember, I am just a poor old uneducated country boy with a lot of gray hair.

Yep I like the Liberty remote dump without leaving the coach, it was nice, but I like power windows and heat/cool seats on my car, but I can drive one that is naugahyde with manual seals and crank windows.

The King of Bling thing, well I have a had a blast with that and so has ever one else. If you sweet talk the Judge, say the right words, and show how pretty she is in the reflection of shiny metal, someone else may have gotten the Parliament Bling Cooker. (Now being enjoyed by JDUB whilst under the wing of his plane).

I had an opportunity to study the manuals some today and I do believe that the CC is prewired for an electric dump valve. Imagine that.

And yes when I buy a Country Coach, they all went up in value. It is kinda like the E. F. Hutton thing before they went broke.

And yes Bling will be added to the CC. Maybe no rhinestones tho

garyde
08-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Jon, a quick question. Do you have to pull on some stinking handle to dump?

NO ??

Oh, I see, I didn't think so. Like all LIBERTYS, you just flip a switch.

What, you can do that without even getting out of the coach?? WOW, how cool is that.

Actually, Liberty has a Port Dump, a starboard dump, and a macerator pump all controlled remotely from several locations.:D

Joe Cannarozzi
08-31-2008, 12:27 AM
Do they have color coordinated air opperated back-up camera lense covers?

Hmmmmmmmmmm