PDA

View Full Version : Sliding and articulating TV mount.

rfoster
08-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Once upon a time I think I recall seeing a post on this forum regarding a sliding and articulating TV mount. It was for the bay storage area. The TV would slide in and out and once out would swivel for viewing. Am I dreaming, I did a search and no luck. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Jerry Winchester
08-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Roger,

We saw that on the AMADUS Coach in Sevierville. I would like to rig one of those up as well since the flat screen tv was up against the top of the bay and it removed all the "stuff" in the way so you could use the bay space better.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Didn't Rick make one for his coach? I thought he posted photos of it.

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-29-2008, 08:04 PM
http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?t=1897&highlight=tv+bracket

:cool: jim

rickdesilva
08-29-2008, 09:27 PM
I believe Lew made one also. I think that his was more of a "slider". I'm happy with mine, so far it works pretty good and relatively easy to install. The only drawback I have is I don't have it wired into the satellite tv system, I didn't feel like playing around with that system so its either cable or DVD. But that shouldn't be a big deal to correct.

rfoster
08-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Jim C: Boy that was quick. That is the thread I was looking for.

I don't know how I missed seeing the excellent job that Rick did with his Thompson.

I must have been looking at that old car or something. Nice job Rick! Thanks for the help.. I would like one that I can slide out then flip for viewing- will look some more - and share the info if successful. A guy may have to buy some drawer slides and build a frame to support and attach it to the bay wall then attach the articulating arm.

Lew talk to us--- were you successful?

Jeff Bayley
08-30-2008, 04:21 AM
I had a mount like the one on the link below on a demonstration coach I had that worked well. I don't know about the "sliding out" part you refer to, but this company is more less the leader in brackets of all sorts. I think this one might be up your alley but go to the home page and start from sracth or call them if you don't see what you want.

http://www.peerlessmounts.com/dyn/Products/BrowseProduct.aspx/tn/58/u/t/categoryID/195

lewpopp
08-30-2008, 10:23 AM
I built a complete slideout including the felt to match the covering in the storage compartments.

I was held to a size tv that would fit by the depth of the compartment. I put it in a compartment that was shallow, about 24" deep. I could measure it but I'm too lazy.

I have trouble putting pictures on this forum so I sent completed pictures to Mango to put on his website. I am real pleased with it and it doesn't require space on either side for the swinging arm of the TV.

I layed awake nites trying to come up with a plan and then winged it. The mount was purchased at Wal-Mart for about 70-80 Lewbucks. Used 5/8" plywood for stability and used some drawer slides for the top and bottom. You can purchase slides to match the weight of the TV.

rickdesilva
08-30-2008, 02:11 PM
http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?p=24865#post24865

Roger
I think I did this right. I think this is Lew's completed slide.

hhoppe
08-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Rick: I think you have a winner here. Do you have any more info on the mount manufacture and cost. I can fab one, but sometimes it's better to get one off the shelf money and time wise. I hear Jons brain whirring on fabbing one.

rfoster
08-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Rick, thats great, Lew you did a good job while you lay in bed, no make that you did a good job in your head. Looks tiptop professional. Are you sure you were just a professional politician?.

rickdesilva
08-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Harry,
I copied this info from a prior post, if you need anymore info let me know. I'm pleased with the way it has worked out so far.
Rick

I bought the mount at Best Buy, Sanus VM 400B, it was expensive but it is pretty husky. Then I mounted to it,a 26" Westinghouse flat screen with a built in DVD. The mount has about a 17" swing. I mounted it about 3"from the opening. It swings all the way out when you want to view the TV and it folds flat with the screen face against the bulkhead wall when its time to stow it away.