PDA

View Full Version : One Mo' Time

bluevost
08-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Hey POGgers,

It happened again. I threw a belt (BX93) between Idaho Falls, ID and Butte, MT. Was lucky to have a nice, big, level gravel area to pull off I-15. These belts were changed the day I left POG in Pahrump, about 4600 miles ago. That sucks!! I changed the belts in a Personal Best time of 43 minutes and was on our way.

After reading all the latest posts reagarding the X belt, I am picking up 4 B93 belts in Billings, MT tomorrow after lunch. NO MORE X's.

Making our way towards Spearfish,

Ken

Jerry Winchester
08-26-2008, 11:17 PM
I like that avatar photo. It's almost like I was there.........

adamdegraff
08-27-2008, 12:32 AM
Hey POGgers,

It happened again. I threw a belt (BX93) between Idaho Falls, ID and Butte, MT. Was lucky to have a nice, big, level gravel area to pull off I-15. These belts were changed the day I left POG in Pahrump, about 4600 miles ago. That sucks!! I changed the belts in a Personal Best time of 43 minutes and was on our way.

After reading all the latest posts reagarding the X belt, I am picking up 4 B93 belts in Billings, MT tomorrow after lunch. NO MORE X's.

Making our way towards Spearfish,

Ken

Ken, which belts are the BX93s? I'm like, really into belts lately:-)... after changing 5 in three days.... before realizing it was driver's A/C that was locking up and causing all the problems. Getting that fixed tomorrow.

Thanks,

Adam

JIM KELLER
08-27-2008, 06:40 AM
Ken, Consider a 2/B93 Gates HD Power Band Belt. It is a one piece belt similar to your Detroit Diesel serpentine belt. The actual Gates part # is 90932093. To upgrade the three A74 belts to a one piece belt use a Gates- 3/A74 Power Band Belt, part # 90923074.

It took me a long time to figure out and find this information now being shared with my POG buddies. Just another benifit of POG membership !

bluevost
08-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Adam,

The B93 belt may be Country Coach specific, I'm not 100% sure. But it runs my CC over the road A/C compressor, and an alternator.

Jim,

Thanks for the info. I'll check this out when I get home from Spearfish.

Ken

bonhall41
08-27-2008, 09:31 AM
I see all these posts about replacing belts, etc. while on trips. We assume our coach is in good condition but we all know about assumptions. Anyway, has anyone ever put together a list (especially for us newbies) of pieces, parts and tools you should have every time you leave your driveway? Donald is pretty much a DIY kind of guy so he can do the basics but I'm sure he'll need help with the big stuff along the way. It will probably vary with the type and age of coach but some sort of general idea would be nice. Thanks.

Bonnie

JIM KELLER
08-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Bonnie, Where in the world is Niceville,Florida. We live in Florida and have never heard of your city.

bonhall41
08-27-2008, 10:47 AM
We're on the Gulf Coast about halfway between Pensacola and Panama City. I see Destin across the Choctawhatchee Bay so we're due north of there by about four or five miles of water. Stop by sometime--it's always nice in Niceville! :D

Bonnie

Jon Wehrenberg
08-27-2008, 10:47 AM
Bonnie,

There are two ways to learn what things you should carry with you on your trips. The first is through experience. The problem with that is you get your experience just after you need it.

The second way is to go to a rally, bring a pad and pencil and ask owners what they carry with them and why. Things you need to carry and do not want to learn through experience are belts, light bulbs, common fuses, circuit breakers and relays, miscellaneous fasteners such as screws and nuts and bolts common to your coach (house and bus), and a decent selection of tools.

You must carry a tire pressure gauge and a tire chuck and 50 feet of air hose so you can insure you have good tire pressures.

There are a lot of other things such as a multi tester, some spare parts such as fuel filters, Schrader valves, a ladder, and a card with all the imprtant 800 numbers.

Every owner carries different things based on their perceived needs and experiences as well as knowing what they are willing to fix while on the road.

bonhall41
08-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks. I'll pass along this info to the guy who will be doing the work. We can't come to Spearfish but really want to get to a rally because that seems to be the best way to learn about the bus. Is there another one planned and, if so, where and when? :confused:

Bonnie

bonhall41
08-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Jim,
We have a son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter who live in Hickory. Donald's family has been in the motorcycle business for many years so the guys all have them and love riding in the mountains. My son rides a lot up there--both street and dirt.

Bonnie

08-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Ken, Consider a 2/B93 Gates HD Power Band Belt. It is a one piece belt similar to your Detroit Diesel serpentine belt. The actual Gates part # is 90932093. To upgrade the three A74 belts to a one piece belt use a Gates- 3/A74 Power Band Belt, part # 90923074.

It took me a long time to figure out and find this information now being shared with my POG buddies. Just another benifit of POG membership !
Hi Ken,

Are you saying it is possible to move from a 3 belt system to a one belt without making a change in the pulley itself?

If so then we all should move to this.Prevost said they could not make the change without modification to the pulley assembly based on the grooving of the pulleys.

bluevost
08-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Bruce,

The info passed along was from Jim Keller. I think he is right on target with the suggestion of replacing three belts with one power band belt. I am going to check it out when I get home from Spearfish.

I stopped in at NAPA today in Billings, MT and picked up four B93 belts for the rest of our trip. If I don't use them I can return them to any NAPA store for credit towards the 2/B93 and 3/A74 Jim mentioned.

Be well.

Makin' our way towards Spearfish,

Ken