PDA

View Full Version : Pictures in Yellowstone

dale farley
08-24-2008, 12:30 AM
Attached are a few pictures from today. The Bison has been hanging around the RV Park for a few days. He may have been driven away from the heard since he is one of the only large males that doesn't currently have a girlfriend.

We went to Fairy Falls and made some pictures of the 197' water falls today. What's strange about the falls, is that the water is running off the tallest point of this mountain range. Obviously, the water is pushed up by some pressure withing the earth.

While on the way back, we saw the bear sow and her two cubs swimming across a river. I snapped the shot as they were getting out of the water. Something different every day.

dalej
08-24-2008, 07:01 AM
Dale,

Jan and I are going to get a job like you two have someday, what a place. You just better not be buying postcards and scanning them in! :) Nice photos.....again.

rmboies
08-24-2008, 08:43 AM
[QUOTE=Roadrunner;33819]Attached are a few pictures from today.

Dale and Paulette, are you sure you didn't scan these out of a National Geographic magazine? :D Wonderful photos of nature at it's best......thanks for sharing them with us.

bonhall41
08-24-2008, 08:59 AM
What great photos! You're so lucky to be experiencing all that beauty. Thanks for sharing.

Bonnie

dale farley
08-24-2008, 10:54 AM
I hadn't thought about the fact that I did made these about the size of large post cards when I reduced the megapixels so I could post them. Maybe I should just get a scanner; that would be much faster.

What is so great about Yellowstone is that you never know what you are going to see on any given day, but you can always count on things being different every time you drive through one of the valleys. The landscape and the animals change every day.

Jerry Winchester
08-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Dale,

I did the same thing in order to take this photo of the inside my coach. Don't bother with the scanner...

garyde
08-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing . How long are you guys staying?

dale farley
08-25-2008, 12:50 AM
Gary, We will be leaving here on the morning of the 10th of September headed to Spearfish. Our original contract was from 12 May to 31 July, but we extended to 3 Sep then we changed to 9 Sep so we could make the Spearfish rally.