PDA

View Full Version : POG Web Site Hacked

Lee Bornstein
08-22-2008, 11:41 PM
www.prevostownersgroup.com was hacked today by El Muhammed.

Have seen this type of hack before. They somehow gain access to website and trash the index.htm page (Opening Page)

I had link on desktop direct to forum that let me in tonight.

Lee

bonhall41
08-22-2008, 11:44 PM
I ran into the same problem. Thought it might just be me but also got in with another link. What happens now? Can't believe he doesn't have anything better to do.

Bonnie

Lee Bornstein
08-23-2008, 11:57 AM
I wonder if the hackers got our VIN numbers?

aggies09
08-23-2008, 12:58 PM
I couldn't log in using Mozilla but could use Explorer and got in fine.

Jerry Winchester
08-23-2008, 01:09 PM
I say it was either Lew or Jeff Raymond that hacked it. We know they have their own alternate website. Or Jeff has it and Lew is the only poster......;)

Lee Bornstein
08-23-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm really worried - If they got our VIN numbers they could probably hack into our DDEC or ECM and drain our diesel tanks!

lewpopp
08-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Jerry, let's get this perfectly clear!!!!! I am not smart enough to do any hacking with a friggin' computer and if someone wants to challenge me on what I can do, bring it on. Now what was that I can do well, dammit, I forgot.

garyde
08-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Who the heck would want to hack into our site. Get a life!

merle&louise
08-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Lee,

How could they get our VIN?

flyu2there
08-24-2008, 07:58 AM
A really good hacker can break into a site and grab names, e-mail and physical addresses, personal information, credit card numbers and if they are really really good, DNS server addresses........course all of that information has to be on the site.
The real question is whether this was a true hack, some mal-content somewhere or, the Shanghai High School Computer Class out for a bit of fun.
Personally I think that the true hacker can be ruled out....I mean if the guy is onto something and garnering information then he would never blow his cover he would just come back from time to time to update his information. We have all read where they finally track someone who is into a bank computer somewhere, merrily stealing information and making phony credit cards. A bunch of stage names, e mail addresses and a pot full of posts on what the general public would consider boring diatribe.....useless, and I doubt he would bother with the El Muhammed thing as an exit gift, after all that page left an indelable signature that another hacker (computer security geeks) can easily trace.
Still and all, I think it wise for everyone to keep an eye on their firewalls, spam filters and the like....just in case.

John

Will Garner
08-24-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm thinking this goes along with the PP's efforts to improve their "friendliness." They are simply reaching out to us in their own way.

Later ...

Jerry Winchester
08-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Lee,

How could they get our VIN?

Tuga,

joke, verb, joked, jok·ing. –noun

1. something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act: He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.

2. something that is amusing or ridiculous, esp. because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce: Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke.

3. a matter that need not be taken very seriously; trifling matter: The loss was no joke.

4. something that does not present the expected challenge; something very easy: The test was a joke for the whole class.

5. practical joke.
–verb (used without object)

6. to speak or act in a playful or merry way: He was always joking with us.

7. to say something in fun or teasing rather than in earnest; be facetious: He didn't really mean it, he was only joking. –verb (used with object)

8. to subject to jokes; make fun of; tease.

9. to obtain by joking: The comedian joked coins from the audience.

merle&louise
08-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Professor Bar B Que,

Thanks for the English lesson.:D

Are you going to TGO in Titusville?

Jerry Winchester
08-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Yes I am. And Hell's Coming With Me...

merle&louise
08-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Be sure when you make your reservation to give the lady your VIN. You can't get in without it.

If I buy Shookie's old Liberty does that mean that I have to listen to the Lennon Sisters? Mr. Sand man send me a dream........

Jerry Winchester
08-24-2008, 10:25 PM
If you buy Shookie's Liberty, Jon will dress up like one of the Lennon Sisters just to see you cruise up in all that stainless.

merle&louise
08-24-2008, 10:46 PM
If he'll sing Chatanooga Choo Choo, I'll buy it!

Jon Wehrenberg
08-25-2008, 06:55 AM
Pardon me boys.................................

Jerry Winchester
08-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Looks like it is time for the Coon Ass to put up............

tdelorme
08-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Jon, don't sing. Tuga, buy the damn bus. It's a knockout coach with it's own wine cellar. :):)

Ray Davis
08-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Come-on Tuga. If I can do it (again), you can too! That bus is calling your name!

Ray

merle&louise
08-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the push guys, but I've gotta sell my Newell first.:cool: